Help me understand Horizons, u guys play it enough :-)

Request files to be added to/removed from the playlist

Moderator: Moderators

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Nov Tue 11, 2008 1:23 pm

If you haven't seen it. Future Guy made a great Horizons video playlist on his FutureProbe website:

http://futureprobe.blogspot.com/2008/10 ... video.html
Join our chat in Discord: https://discord.gg/zw5by3z

Donalds1Fan
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by Donalds1Fan » Nov Thu 13, 2008 10:18 pm

I always wondered what Horizons was. Some of the music was on the Happiest Celebration on Earth WDW CD-set, and I enjoyed it.

Thanks for the information, everyone. I was there a couple of times while it was still open, but we never spent much time in Future World back then. Now I really wish we had.

TaraLA78
Fire Engine Driver
Fire Engine Driver

Post by TaraLA78 » Apr Sat 11, 2009 12:14 pm

I miss it to...I think of all the attractions in Epcot, then and now, it was the one that was the most in line with the vision of Walt Disney. It even stated " If you can dream it you can do it" in the attraction's foyer. The line always moved quickly and at it's peak Horizon was the showpiece of Future World...sad that it became dated and couldn't find sponsorship to finance an update. I was all together unaware of the structural obstacles it faced.

js3901
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber

Post by js3901 » Apr Sat 11, 2009 2:16 pm

TaraLA78 wrote:I miss it to...I think of all the attractions in Epcot, then and now, it was the one that was the most in line with the vision of Walt Disney. It even stated " If you can dream it you can do it" in the attraction's foyer. The line always moved quickly and at it's peak Horizon was the showpiece of Future World...sad that it became dated and couldn't find sponsorship to finance an update. I was all together unaware of the structural obstacles it faced.
I'm pretty sure the "structural obstacles" weren't all that serious. I believe the "sinkhole" story that Disney said was the cause for having to semolish the building was GROSSLY overstated. otherwise Mission: Space would be having the same problems...
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, WDW Freak

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by MadEye » Apr Sat 11, 2009 2:34 pm

I liked to always choose a different way home or let the ride itself choose one... Kinda like what Tower of Terror does now. Oh the possibilities they could have had if they just updated it!!! :cry:
We are all a little weird
And life's a little weird,
And when we find someone whose
Weirdness is compatible with ours,
We join up with them and fall in
Mutual weirdness and call it Love.”
― Dr. Seuss

Eames: Listen, if you're gonna perform INCEPTION, you need IMAGINATION.