Sci Fi Diner

Request files to be added to/removed from the playlist

Moderator: Moderators

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Sci Fi Diner

Post by boilerbabe » Sep Wed 12, 2007 9:54 am

I don't think this is a repeat question...is there any way to hear anything of Sci-Fi without having to have a ton of points?! Commissary Lane is like 57 mins. long! I don't have enough points and don't know if I ever will! Just wondered if there was something shorter? I did a search but didn't come up with anything. Thanks!!! :D

spaulo
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by spaulo » Sep Wed 12, 2007 11:18 am

You're actually not that far off from having enough points... stay active on the forums (no junk threads/posts just to raise point total, of course!) and you will have enough to request Sci-Fi soon enough. I know the feeling, when I first got here, that was the track I was building up to try to request. FYI, once you make your 105th post on the forums, you will be able to request that track.
~Steve

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Sep Wed 12, 2007 11:21 am

Ok, thanks! It gives me something to look forward too. :D Quick question....what do the "tickets" mean under the names? Just each person status?!

spaulo
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by spaulo » Sep Wed 12, 2007 11:48 am

It's a progression of sorts... the more you post, the higher your ticket level goes. They match the original Disneyland A-E tickets for attractions... your title will also reflect an attraction of your ticket level, like right now, yours is "Alice in Wonderland Wonderer" because Alice in Wonderland was a B ticket ride, whereas my title is "Mark Twain Steamboat Captain," because the Mark Twain was a D ticket ride.
~Steve

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Sep Wed 12, 2007 11:53 am

That's so cool! I know WDW used tickets too. When I was 3, I remember they used a type of punch card! Amazing how far they've come! Thanks for the info!

casrin
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral

Post by casrin » Sep Wed 12, 2007 1:32 pm

I feel your pain, BoilerBabe. It had seemed like it would be forever before I could get the Wilderness Lodge loop, and now I have plenty of points for it :) Keep posting; you'll get there.
-[b]casrin[/b]
[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://www-personal.umd.umich.edu/~cparkins/images/userbar/userbar487580pb0.gif[/img][/url]

billville
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by billville » Sep Wed 12, 2007 2:14 pm

Same here....im saving up for the aladdin stage show and im just 35 posts or so away from it. Im sure it will be a great feeling once i get there. Cant wait for that!

Of course you could always get lucky and be listening when someone else requests it. :wink:

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Sep Wed 12, 2007 2:19 pm

I'm hoping to catch it one of these days when someone else requests it!!!

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Sep Tue 18, 2007 11:32 am

Perhaps I'll pop it in one night before I leave work.. Stop by the chat and ask. :)
Join our chat in Discord: https://discord.gg/zw5by3z

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Sep Thu 20, 2007 12:36 pm

Thanks Sub! I'll have to pop onto the chat one evening when I'll have time to listen to the whole thing! :D

Breton
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by Breton » Mar Mon 24, 2008 2:24 am

I haven't heard this one in awhile, i might request on a sunday.

cccmouse
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by cccmouse » Mar Fri 28, 2008 1:47 pm

Would it be possible to divide the sci fi loop up into several shorter segments that would require fewer points each, while still keeping the entire loop available for the die hard fans?

Breton
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by Breton » Mar Fri 28, 2008 2:38 pm

Would it be possible to divide the sci fi loop up into several shorter segments that would require fewer points each, while still keeping the entire loop available for the die hard fans?
Great Idea, I think all the long loops should stay but they should also be available in shorter sections. Along with the long loops

js3901
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber

Post by js3901 » Mar Mon 31, 2008 12:44 am

cccmouse wrote:Would it be possible to divide the sci fi loop up into several shorter segments that would require fewer points each, while still keeping the entire loop available for the die hard fans?
the problem there is where do we break up the track? also, how do we break it up reliably without sacrificing quality?
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, WDW Freak

cccmouse
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by cccmouse » Apr Tue 01, 2008 10:11 am

Since the loop consists of many smaller segments with alot of natural start/stop points maybe it could just be divided into several 6-8 minute tracks.