Only 10 points per post?!

Request files to be added to/removed from the playlist

Moderator: Moderators

rick-g-tn

Post by rick-g-tn » Nov Tue 30, 2004 3:14 pm

Hey, I don't think points should be taken away. If you want to change it, thats cool. But to make it retroactive is bad.

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Nov Tue 30, 2004 3:18 pm

As I said, it's trial and error. Sorry. I'm only one person and am trying to do what I can to make requests are fair as possible.
Join our chat in Discord: https://discord.gg/zw5by3z

rick-g-tn

Post by rick-g-tn » Nov Tue 30, 2004 3:30 pm

I know, but I was able to play the Ellen ride before and now I am -301 points in the hole. All I am saying is I don't mind changing down to 10 points, but it should be from the point you announce it, forward, unless it is a programming issue, which I would understand.

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Nov Tue 30, 2004 3:34 pm

It's a programming issue. All I do is count your posts and times that by 10. So when I lowered it, you went negative. They'll come back in a day. :)

rick-g-tn

Post by rick-g-tn » Nov Tue 30, 2004 3:38 pm

OK, as a coder, I understand the issue. It doesn't keep a log of points, it keeps a log of messages.

eagle4life69
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by eagle4life69 » Nov Tue 30, 2004 5:26 pm

but it still sucks! why didn't you go with 15? you were at 60 then 30 and then 10 should have just when in half again I would think. (when I do think) and I would say for example I had 12,000 with the old system Ithats is much but now I have 4000 thats 1/3rd less than what I had thats a HUGE jump Sorry I hate Negative Points

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Nov Tue 30, 2004 6:18 pm

I'm frustrated...

It's because I don't want users like you requesting 20 land tracks.

I'll code in a maximum limit.

js3901
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber

Post by js3901 » Nov Tue 30, 2004 6:26 pm

I don't see what the big deal is. BE THANKFUL YOU EVEN HAVE THE ABILITY TO REQUEST ANY SONG AT ALL. There are many internet radio stations that don't even offer requests.

10 points per post is not bad. people are posting 1 word responses to posts and racking up 30 points each time. it's not right, and something had to be done.

rudekick
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by rudekick » Nov Tue 30, 2004 6:43 pm

js3901 wrote:I don't see what the big deal is. BE THANKFUL YOU EVEN HAVE THE ABILITY TO REQUEST ANY SONG AT ALL. There are many internet radio stations that don't even offer requests.

10 points per post is not bad. people are posting 1 word responses to posts and racking up 30 points each time. it's not right, and something had to be done.
I completely agree. Getting points to post at all is a huge perk, and having 12,000 points is just obscene. I think this is a great move. Thanks sub!

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Nov Tue 30, 2004 6:46 pm

I'm in a bad mood today. I have a full time job and a life. It's hard to make a good site where I need to spend hours coding on it. I want to make the site better and fair but I don't have the time. I asked people not to complain and now I'm mad about it. I put in a system to subtract points from certain users. But, I never want to step on anybody's toes. I guess like Spiderman's uncle said, "With great power comes great responibility." It's time to start being mean.

DISNEYman
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by DISNEYman » Nov Tue 30, 2004 7:38 pm

Hey, you guys need to give Subsonic a break and realize that running a site like this isn't easy, and he should be able to make whatever changes needed to facilitate running the site.

There is also an easy way to prevent negative points, don't go requesting a ton of songs at once.

10 points a post is a great idea.

sockfire
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by sockfire » Nov Tue 30, 2004 7:50 pm

subsonic wrote:I'm in a bad mood today.
Sub:
This wouldn't have anything to do with you turning 31 today, would it? :wink:

Everyone:
I love the change! :D I've been voting for 10 points per post since before it started. If there are any complaints, send me a private message or IM, and I'll be happy to discuss the reasons. Leave Sub out of it.

G2-4T
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral

Post by G2-4T » Nov Tue 30, 2004 8:38 pm

Yeah, give Sub a break - this is an all-volunteer job that he's got going on here! And I don't even know of any other Disney station out there that actually lets you request the tracks from a library that is just short of 1500 tracks long.

The max limit idea is great Sub, might add in some more variety from more people rather than huge blocks from one person [though I imagine the point change will do that too].

And for those with 12,000+ points whining that they "just" have 4,000 points knock it off already. That is still over an hour's worth of music. Why not just sit back and listen like the rest of us?

eagle4life69

Post by eagle4life69 » Nov Tue 30, 2004 9:33 pm

I don't think it was ever a matter of attack against Sub But maybe a heads up. I request all of the land tracks because I hear them in peices I've always wanted to here the whole thing. It sucks hearing a track 1 of 9 and never really knowing what they all sound like together.

bartman454
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

Post by bartman454 » Dec Wed 01, 2004 9:59 pm

I am glad to here that it was only a new programming thing with the 10 points. Its okay by me, I have been accumulating a lot of points recently and I went ahead and requested that huge sci fi dine in track so I can understand it, its cool Sub. I dont agree with the few people's complaints but I can understand them. Its like saying "Okay I gave you a ton of candy but to make it fairer to everyone I am going to take some away and spread the wealth so everyone can have close to equal candy" I dont know if that makes any sense but it reminds me of that movie the producers "When you got it, flaunt it baby flaunt it!" Its all good

Jack
"This is a very moving moment"
"Yeah I wish they'd move it to Pittsburgh!"