Only 10 points per post?!

Request files to be added to/removed from the playlist

Moderator: Moderators

js3901
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber

Post by js3901 » Dec Thu 02, 2004 1:20 am

I think your candy analogy is a little off there, bartman... it's not like points were taken from people and then those points were given to others. EVERYONE got points taken away. This is a little more fair in that the longer tracks were being requested one right after the other by those that could afford to request them. That's taking a long time for someone else to listen to their requests. Also, people are requesting many tracks at once. I know that I've requested one or two songs, but couldn't hear them for almost 3 hours after I requested, all because a couple of people requested about 15 or 20 tracks each.

eagle4life69
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by eagle4life69 » Dec Thu 02, 2004 11:36 am

Your right But I do remember a post which I asked if it would be a problem if I spent all of my points at one it was said do what you want with the points there yours. Granted I had 12000 points and could request long track but that’s why I asked if it would be a problem. Also If you look at my stats I have been a member since Aug. and have over 400 post I think I have earned the chance to request bigger songs. It is unfair to everyone else to hog the station but in some eyes it could be said “My points my request do some more posting and you'll get that chance”. I'm not saying that’s how I feel but some could say it.

js3901

Post by js3901 » Dec Thu 02, 2004 1:50 pm

I see what you're saying. I, myself, was that same way when the points started. But, then I realized the problems it may have caused, so I stopped requesting long tracks.

And I know exactly what you're saying about tenure/post count. I've been here all of 2 weeks less tan yourself, Eagle, with about half as many posts. And also I see the point about the "your points, your rules" type of thinking. that still doesn't make it all right. It really shouldn't take 2 hours for you to listen to your requests.

Ok, since this could go on forever, and my posts are incoherent enough :? :shock: as they are, I'm gonna end it right now... :roll:
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, WDW Freak

eagle4life69

Post by eagle4life69 » Dec Thu 02, 2004 2:03 pm

I know but I was just saying that it got changed all of a sudden and I went to see how many points I had left and I see that I was -210 and that upset me Maybe and FYI as of tomorrow the point system will go from 30 to 10 so expect less point tomorrow. We just had no warning.

js3901

Post by js3901 » Dec Thu 02, 2004 2:25 pm

yeah, I agree on the warning. It would've definately been nice. However, everyone has to remeomber that Sub has his own life going on, and can't always be expected to remember to tell us about every little detail. Plus, something like the points could be changed at a moment's notice, so it could change 5 minutes from now if Sub decides to do so.

sockfire
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

OK

Post by sockfire » Dec Thu 02, 2004 4:12 pm

Okay, I think we've beaten this subject to death. As I said before, all further comments should be handled via private messages to myself.

I'm locking this thread. New threads on the subject that are not started by Subsonic or another admin/moderator will probably be deleted.

eagle4life69

Post by eagle4life69 » Apr Fri 15, 2005 1:20 pm

its funny back at this post I had like no points and if we kept it at the 60 or even the 30 marker My god I would be king. :lol: