Ellen's Energy Adventure

Request files to be added to/removed from the playlist

Moderator: Moderators

Is it better to have poor quality tracks than nothing at all?

Yes
76%
No
24%

Total votes: 29

Vonderbach

Ellen's Energy Adventure

Post by Vonderbach » Oct Tue 26, 2004 11:33 am

My first criticism. :wink:

This track is not very audible in some areas, and it seems difficult to follow without visual accompaniment.

I suggest that this track be relegated to the archives. 8)

Yay or nay?

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Oct Tue 26, 2004 12:26 pm

I will agree that this track has it's faults. In fact a lot of audio I have is of poor quality. Overall, the quality of the station has gotten a lot better. There are hundreds of low quality tracks that I've replaced with higher quality.

The question is: Is it better to have poor quality audio than nothing at all?

Vonderbach

Post by Vonderbach » Oct Tue 26, 2004 12:58 pm

You definitely have a point.

Personally, I think that poor quality tracks are acceptable when pertaining to older attractions that hold a certain nostaligia, but c'mon, we're talking about Ellen here. :mrgreen: It's not as if she's really an important part of the Disney culture. If the track weren't so long I probably wouldn't have mentioned it at all. 8)

It would be a nice feature if you could relegate certain tracks to a "request only" status. Is that a feature of this board?

Thanks again!

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Oct Tue 26, 2004 1:15 pm

If you haven't read in other threads (god knows which ones) I'm in the process of changing the request system. To sum up: You must be registered to request, songs will cost points that are in relation to their seconds. The longer the song, the more it'll cost. A user will get so many points in a givin time period.

sockfire
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by sockfire » Oct Tue 26, 2004 9:39 pm

Vonderbach wrote:we're talking about Ellen here.
Ellen's Energy Adventure is one of the most requested tracks on the system, so we won't take it down any time soon. She was awesome in Finding Nemo! "I wish I spoke whale..." :lol:

I think we have a higher quality version, but it is still live. We also need to get up the orchestral stuff from the ride (which is awesome).

But Sub is right. Once we switch to a point based request system, requesting a 40 minute track is going to become very very very rare. :wink:

Vonderbach

Post by Vonderbach » Oct Wed 27, 2004 6:01 am

Ellen's Energy Adventure is one of the most requested tracks on the system, so we won't take it down any time soon.
That's truly a shocker. Different strokes for different folks I imagine. ;)
But Sub is right. Once we switch to a point based request system, requesting a 40 minute track is going to become very very very rare. :wink:
But does it not play on the rotation as well? Not complaining so much as just curious. :wink:

sockfire

yes

Post by sockfire » Oct Wed 27, 2004 10:10 am

It'll still get playtime, just not as much.

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Oct Wed 27, 2004 1:06 pm

There's over 1400 songs in the playlist with 90 hours of music. The main reason you hear the same stuff a lot is because people request them.

Monday was neat because it was playing the yesterland schedule and nobody was requesting. While I was listening I noticed I enjoyed a lot of the tracks. I then went to check and it was because people weren't requesting. Kind of interesting to me.

sockfire

the tide

Post by sockfire » Oct Wed 27, 2004 1:14 pm

That was a cool time to listen! I enjoyed the show too.

You can't fight the tide of popularity. Some tracks will always be favored over others.

kronk's angel
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by kronk's angel » Jan Tue 11, 2005 1:09 am

subsonic wrote:...Monday was neat because it was playing the yesterland schedule...
Subsonic, could you explain here, somewhere, (or URL to elsewhere if you already have) about the "schedules?"

Some qyuestions I have:
These are playlists?
There is more than one?
What are they?
Description?
Representative tracks?
Are they played on a schedule?
No, no... He's got a point.

sockfire

Post by sockfire » Jan Tue 11, 2005 2:59 am

kronk's angel wrote:
subsonic wrote:...Monday was neat because it was playing the yesterland schedule...
Subsonic, could you explain here, somewhere, (or URL to elsewhere if you already have) about the "schedules?"

Some qyuestions I have:
These are playlists?
There is more than one?
What are they?
Description?
Representative tracks?
Are they played on a schedule?
We made a few playlists to play around with the station at the beginning (almost a year ago). There were five playlists: Yesterland, California Adventure, EPCOT, DLRParis, and DLRTokyo. The playlists consisted of every track we had that fit into each particular category. At first it was cool to have themed times where you could expect to hear a certain type of track. But after requests started, Sub couldn't find a way to limit the request list to only show the tracks from the playlists we had set up. So instead the "show" was littered with whatever was getting requested from the main playlist. Eventually, the Paris and Tokyo shows were removed because we couldn't get those tracks to only play during their alloted time frame. The other three are still in effect, but there are so many requests sometimes that not a single track gets played. Kinda sad. :(

Makes me wish requests weren't allowed... :twisted:

See the schedule here: http://www.subsonicradio.com/station/schedule.php

QuickGold
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Post by QuickGold » Jan Tue 11, 2005 1:39 pm

I'm for no audio over poor tracks. Poorly recorded tracks are a real pain to listen to. I'd rather just move to the next track and hope that the poor quality track will sometime soon recieve a better version.
Matt

[b][url=http://www.studioscentral.com]Studios Central[/url]
[url=http://www.wdwtoday.com]WDW Today Podcast[/url]
[url=http://www.towerofterror.org/tower.html]TowerOfTerror.Org[/url][/b]

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Jan Sat 15, 2005 12:49 pm

What SockFire said.

There have been times where I forget we have schedules. Then, when listening, which I don't do nearly as much any more :(, I hear a bunch of great tracks in a row. Then I'll notice it's playing a schedule and people aren't making requests.

I WILL code in a system to either disable requests during a schedule or only display those tracks from those within that given schedule. Disabling requests during a schedule will be necessary soon... *smirks*
Join our chat in Discord: https://discord.gg/zw5by3z

wallerman8

Ellen

Post by wallerman8 » Jan Mon 17, 2005 6:52 pm

As to Ellen I enjoy that track and ride>>>call me crazy<<<but it is a pretty neat ride/movie thing. I seldom get to ride it when I go to WDW but I did this last time and it was just as good as the last. So even if they are somewhat poor quality to some they are a memory of a cool ride to others.

But hay lets not forget my fav. ride/show is C.O.P. :D So I guess I am a little crazy :lol: :roll:

eagle4life69
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by eagle4life69 » Jan Tue 18, 2005 2:36 am

subsonic wrote:Disabling requests during a schedule will be necessary soon... *smirks*
Wow I feel like Subs is going all out for 50th bash Cool

PS. I maybe wrong but I doubt it