How about more music from Non-US Disney Parks

Request files to be added to/removed from the playlist

Moderator: Moderators

rct247

How about more music from Non-US Disney Parks

Post by rct247 » Sep Sat 25, 2004 5:06 pm

I would like to see (actually hear) more music from Disneyland Paris and Disneyland Tokyo, etc.

One soudntrack I would LOVE to see added to the site is the Phantom Manor soundtrack.

sockfire
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

the plan

Post by sockfire » Sep Sat 25, 2004 5:31 pm

The plan is to add tracks from these parks as special shows. We had them in for a while, but took them out due to some techincal difficulties.
But yes, we have plenty of tracks from these parks.

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Sep Mon 27, 2004 11:27 am

As selfish as it sounds, the main reason they aren't in, is because I haven't been to these parks. This leads up to two things.

1) It doesn't bring me any enjoyment to listen to stuff that I don't know of or can't understand.

2) I'm very organized about the song names and directory structure. Most of the tracks I get are named poorly. Since I've been to WDW and DLR I know 99% of where the music is supposed to go. For the other parks I don't know where to begin to start organising / naming the tracks.

When we had the other parks in the schedule it was adding them to the playlist. I just need to figure out how to play them on the schedule but not have them added to the playlist. This is low priority though.

Post by Guest » Nov Thu 11, 2004 7:08 am

Phantom Manor soundtrack is really impressive, worth giving a shot regardless of it being foreign.

Fantasrick
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Other Disney Parks

Post by Fantasrick » Dec Fri 17, 2004 6:48 pm

Remainseated.com has some stuff from the Tokyo Park. Personally, I don't think it is necessary to have tracks from Eurodisney and Tokyo here on Subsonic Radio.

mosquibee

Post by mosquibee » Feb Mon 07, 2005 7:36 am

Just letting you know that there IS a demand for Disneyland Paris songs. They're just as good as US park songs and not French at all, like one would expect :). They're Disney.

Anyway, love the station. keep up the good work!

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Feb Mon 07, 2005 11:38 am

I understand that there's a demand. But please read my above post. Sure, it's a tad selfish, but this site is my hobby. I don't make money off of it. Why put up music I don't enjoy?
Join our chat in Discord: https://discord.gg/zw5by3z

eagle4life69
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by eagle4life69 » Feb Mon 07, 2005 11:57 am

Sub I love that "its my site i do what I want" its great but your right why play something that you can't even remember from being a kid. I have never been to wdw but I love the music. I have only been to DLR and even that has been a long time ago

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Feb Mon 07, 2005 12:08 pm

I try to not be selfish. But if I don't enjoy what I do, I won't be motivated to do more. Then the site will become abandoned.

eagle4life69

Post by eagle4life69 » Feb Mon 07, 2005 12:10 pm

exactly. I completely get it. whats the fun in doing this site if you can enjoy the music.

How could someone enjoy this song
walt disney world - epcot - world showcase - japan
matsuriza - [05 of 05] o daiko and encore

mosquibee

Post by mosquibee » Feb Mon 07, 2005 5:55 pm

Lol. That's funny :D . I listened to "walt disney world - epcot - world showcase - china - area - loop full" today. For 29:40 minutes!!!

I don't recognise most of the songs played here (been to DL California only once, back in '89 :)). But i like listening to them cause they have that disney sound. All i'm saying is that the songs of Paris have that too and i recommend listening to them before you throw them away. If you can listen to 30 minutes of chinese ploink ploink, i guarantee you will enjoy the DL Paris songs. Heck, I don't even know if the DL Paris songs are any different from other DL parks :P

Listen to this and if you hate it i'll shut up: http://elektron.its.tudelft.nl/~krekel8 ... eer%20.mp3. I'll shut up anyway :roll:.

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Feb Mon 07, 2005 6:14 pm

I have a lot of Tokyo and Paris stuff. It used to be in the schedule where Tokyo would play part of one day and Paris on another. Again, the problem is, it none of the music I have is named correctly nor organized. I don't like having these tracks added into the requests list. Unfortunately, I can't play them with out having them added to the database (request list). It's a limitation on the player I use.

As far as Rocketeer goes. That music was used in a main stream movie with music composed by James Horner. I have pulled out all of the DCA stuff that was just movie themes. There's other shoutcast sites for that. This is a grey line I'm treading because there are other debatable tracks that aren't "Pure Disney" in the list. It's a matter of my and sockfire's opinion on what we feel is Disney or Not.

The current tracks are becoming played out. I have a lot more to add. Once I have expended everything from WDW and DLR I then might play/add some DLP and TDL. Until then, sorry.

wallerman8

Post by wallerman8 » Feb Wed 09, 2005 8:24 pm

Sub it is your site and we ALL should be happy it is here, no complaints. I say if you want to hear something else go find another site as good as this one, Because your NOT.

QuickGold
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Post by QuickGold » Feb Thu 10, 2005 1:37 pm

I have to agree with Sub, most of us haven't been to these other parks so the nostalgic value of hearing recordings from them is rather low.
Matt

[b][url=http://www.studioscentral.com]Studios Central[/url]
[url=http://www.wdwtoday.com]WDW Today Podcast[/url]
[url=http://www.towerofterror.org/tower.html]TowerOfTerror.Org[/url][/b]

kronk's angel
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by kronk's angel » Feb Fri 11, 2005 5:09 am

I agree that "nostalgic value" is important, really key.

That said, I have heard some good music from Paris, and it was pretty good, parade type stuff. It was in English too, which surprised me.

Maybe someday someone will set up a Disney Paris shoutcast station...
No, no... He's got a point.