2 Tracks of the most popular...

Request files to be added to/removed from the playlist

Moderator: Moderators

DisBeamer
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by DisBeamer » Jan Tue 15, 2008 11:47 am

That's intriguing (especially considering I usually listen overnight when there are few people requesting :lol: ), but in order for that to work, they'd have to eliminate the 3-day wait for songs to be able to be requested again, I think. If you could request for free, or for a discount, I think a lot of tracks would be constantly 'used up' overnight (I could be wrong - but it seems like the limits help to control that kinda thing to keep the distribution more even). I don't know the ins and outs of it, but that seems like it'd be a pain in the rear to code.

Also the limits encourage us to post in the forums and ramble about all things Disney! :wink:
~ Caroline

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/atoning_unifex/Caroline%20Gaia/tta.gif[/img]

tomdavo1
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by tomdavo1 » Jan Tue 15, 2008 12:14 pm

There are pro's and con's to both sides of the argument although I do find it irritating as I listen during the day (in the UK) and seem to use up all my points very quickly.. :-( But I do think that the re-use cycle should stay as I think it does prevent people from using the same track over and over again! :D

wdwannabe
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by wdwannabe » Jan Wed 16, 2008 10:59 pm

I don't know how to work this out, but I agree I usually listen in the evening or late at night. I use up all my points and then it plays random with no body requesting. Maybe a list of songs to pick from that are just for times when listener requests are low and if you want to request you can choose.
First Family Visit
POP Century - September 2006

Second Family Visit
2013 Fall/Winter-Christmas

cap396
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by cap396 » Jan Thu 17, 2008 7:12 am

I don't know how to work this out, but I agree I usually listen in the evening or late at night. I use up all my points and then it plays random with no body requesting. Maybe a list of songs to pick from that are just for times when listener requests are low and if you want to request you can choose.
Yeah, I think that's a good idea too. If there are no requests in the queue, then you could request without using points. But only if there are no requests in the queue.

Overall, I think the points system is great.

tomdavo1
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by tomdavo1 » Jan Thu 17, 2008 7:31 am

That seems like a good solution to it, and I presume it would be alot easier to do that than the reducing to half price as was suggested earlier...

TOM

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Jan Sun 20, 2008 1:18 am

Hehe, so you request one and then that makes a request in the queue which means you have to wait for it to play before you can request again? :) In fact, you would have to wait for 3 songs to play because there's always two in the queue. :) It wouldn't quite work too well.
Join our chat in Discord: https://discord.gg/zw5by3z

Breton
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by Breton » Jan Tue 22, 2008 7:20 pm

Yeah I would go along with the idea of a scheduled stream of: the weeks top 25 countdown or something like that. Sounds like an interesting thing that would bring people to tune in and see which songs made the countdown.

mcampato
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur

Post by mcampato » May Wed 07, 2008 11:03 am

I have the other problem. I usually get on around 8 a.m. pacific time and by that time the list and wait time is past when i get off work so its useless for me to request songs. Don't get me wrong though, THANK YOU SUB for an amazing site that helps me with my disney addiction. :lol:

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » May Thu 08, 2008 10:49 am

Running a "jukebox" type system makes it very difficult to please everybody. We've had to add restrictions and such to try and make things more even. To try and alleviate woes, some admins in the chat can help sooth the pain by playing requests immediately for you guys if you ask.
Join our chat in Discord: https://discord.gg/zw5by3z

Breton
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by Breton » May Sun 11, 2008 5:44 am

Yea I like the top countdown idea.