Looking for the Jungle Cruise Background...

Request files to be added to/removed from the playlist

Moderator: Moderators

spinizzotto
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur

Looking for the Jungle Cruise Background...

Post by spinizzotto » Jul Mon 18, 2016 10:24 am

Looking for the Jungle Cruise Background with the music and radio check-ins, broadcast bits, etc.
Does anyone know if that is available in the new streams?
Thanks,
Sam

momeja
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Re: Looking for the Jungle Cruise Background...

Post by momeja » Jul Thu 21, 2016 6:09 pm

It's available on the Request channel. Look for Walt Disney World - Adventureland - Jungle Cruise - jungle cruise area loop.

If you want the jokes, make sure you request the loop, not the queue. The queue has only music, no jokes. My kids always request the loop because they like the jokes. I like the queue, too, because I think the music is fun.

Enjoy! :)

momeja

Post by momeja » Jul Thu 21, 2016 6:23 pm

I wanted to add that our family has almost memorized the jokes on the loop. We've heard it so many times. In fact, we even had t-shirts made up for oldest DD's graduation trip that had the Swahili quote on the back. Yes, we're that nerdy about it. :)

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Thu 21, 2016 6:38 pm

Cute picture momeja ~ you have me curious though, what is the Swahili quote?

momeja

Post by momeja » Jul Mon 25, 2016 2:28 pm

"Wasio na hofu" is Swahili for "They who have no fear"
And 'Matoi mabusi katika, nyumba um tia katika kebanda chak-e" means "Take that goat out of the house and put it in its shed."

It's on the back of the shirt. The front of the shirt, under the boat, reads, "If you can't drive, stay out of the river."
Last edited by momeja on Jul Mon 25, 2016 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Mon 25, 2016 3:17 pm

momeja wrote:"Wasio na hofu" is Swahili for "They who have no fear"
And 'Matoi mabusi katika, nyumba um tia katika chak-e" means "Take that goat out of the house and put it in its shed."

It's on the back of the shirt. The front of the shirt, under the boat, reads, "If you can't drive, stay out of the river."
Nice! Bet the skippers loved those :D

disneevillian
Main Street Horse Car Coachman

Post by disneevillian » Aug Fri 25, 2017 12:16 pm

I've been looking for this background as well... and thought I hit the jackpot when I found this thread. But I can't find any 'area loop' when I search through requests. Where did it go?

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Aug Sat 26, 2017 7:54 pm

disneevillian wrote:I've been looking for this background as well... and thought I hit the jackpot when I found this thread. But I can't find any 'area loop' when I search through requests. Where did it go?
Look for Jungle Cruise Queue. I think that's what you're looking for.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

disneevillian

Post by disneevillian » Aug Sun 27, 2017 10:51 am

Yep. Tried that. The only thing I find is two small songs that is part of it: "someone's rocking my dreamboat" is one. And the other is a 1:39 long queue piece that's just music. I was hunting the one with the radio snippets and jokes. Where did it go?

momeja

Post by momeja » Sep Mon 18, 2017 5:46 pm

Hi Disneevillain. As you can see, I'm a huge fan of the Jungle Cruise music, so I might be able to clear this mystery up for you.

Both the Jungle Cruise Queue (no jokes) and the Jungle Cruise Loop were victims of a decision at the beginning of the summer to remove all longer loops from the request channel. Most of the loops had another home on the background channel, but a few didn't and are now pretty hard to find. You can only find the Jungle Cruise loop and queue randomly on the Dole Whip channel now.

I'm hoping that at some point Sub will decide to put back the few longer tracks that don't have a home on another channel that you can request music on. Or maybe put a few of them on the background channel or the Great Movie Ride channel. The problem is that even the JC Queue has songs with words, which tends to keep it from the background channel, and the GMR is technically only for actual ride tracks, which these aren't. Until then, you'll have to get lucky with the Dole Whip channel. Which can mean listening to a lot of Hawaiian music while you wait for it to show up. Believe me, I've done that! Happy hunting and keep hoping!

Marty Moose
Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by Marty Moose » Sep Tue 26, 2017 12:05 pm

I miss the longer tracks, too. ToT background, and especially the Jungle Cruise Queue with the jokes. Albert Awol is AWOL!

Can you please find a home for them?
"Park's closed. Moose out front should have told ya."

momeja

Post by momeja » Sep Wed 27, 2017 12:50 pm

Marty Moose wrote:I miss the longer tracks, too. ToT background, and especially the Jungle Cruise Queue with the jokes. Albert Awol is AWOL!
You mean the Jungle Cruise Loop, I think. ;) The JC Queue has no jokes or Albert AWOL.

I like the idea of a new channel devoted to queue music. We have a ride music channel. Why not one for the queues? There's a lot of great music to be heard while waiting in line.

NaCler

Post by NaCler » Sep Wed 27, 2017 10:05 pm

Bring back the JC loops!!!! Please.

momeja

Post by momeja » May Wed 23, 2018 3:02 pm

One of them is back - the loop but not the queue. I'm still hoping that the queue will find its way back to one of the request channels. I love listening to the jokes, but the music alone is great, too.

Speaking of great music that has been lost on the site, I'd love to get the Indiana Jones queue track back, too. "Yippee yay..."

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » May Thu 24, 2018 8:03 am

momeja wrote:One of them is back - the loop but not the queue. I'm still hoping that the queue will find its way back to one of the request channels. I love listening to the jokes, but the music alone is great, too.

Speaking of great music that has been lost on the site, I'd love to get the Indiana Jones queue track back, too. "Yippee yay..."
I'm sure I've heard both of those here recently. Have you checked the Background or Great Music Ride streams? You can also pop into Chat and ask that they play it on the Staff Picks stream