Games In The Parks / Scavenger Hunts

Forum games, including Disney Survival Games, scrambles, photo hunts, etc

Moderator: Moderators

RobinSandusky
King Arthur Carousel Horseman

Games In The Parks / Scavenger Hunts

Post by RobinSandusky » May Sun 11, 2014 9:25 am

(Forgive me if I topic of this nature exists elsewhere - I couldn't seem to find anything quite like it.)

Heading to The World with my other half this August - my bajillionth time, his second.

While we certainly have had fun on our own terms, I think it might be fun this time around to do some gamesome things. It might be hard with just two people, though.

Wondering if you all have ever taken part in photo scavenger hunts, for hidden Mickeys... does it become task-y, or did you have a great time? Or a little of both.

:wave: :figment: :wave: :figment: :wave: :figment: :wave:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Games In The Parks / Scavenger Hunts

Post by Amy » May Sun 11, 2014 9:51 am

You could always look for hidden mickeys while waiting in queues. And since you have been there lots of times, you could draw up a scavenger hunt type list for him to scout out while you are exploring the parks. We've never tried any of the official things the parks offer. The last time we were there we were going to try the Kim Possible quest, but it wasn't running at the time. Maybe you can try various things and as long as they are fun, keep going, otherwise if it starts seeming like a chore, just drop it.

Alacrity
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Alacrity » May Mon 12, 2014 10:05 am

We did that with a group of friends who went with use on an anniversary trip. We had one couple that was very competitive and the rest we're just having fun with it. We listed a number of objects or places they had to go with the idea that they would not know about some of them and they would have to talk with the cast members to find their way. The got extra points if they we're in the picture and extra points if CMs were in the picture. We still have our lists online and you are welcome to them though they are now out of date. Some of the things aren't there anymore! (we did this October of 2009).

Over all, they had a good time with with it though our competitive types took all the prizes!

http://dbeedle.com/Photos/FNSC-Oct2009/ ... index.html

The top of that photo album is at: http://dbeedle.com/Photos/FNSC-Oct2009/index.html for some of the pics!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » May Mon 12, 2014 11:08 am

Alacrity wrote:We did that with a group of friends who went with use on an anniversary trip. We had one couple that was very competitive and the rest we're just having fun with it. We listed a number of objects or places they had to go with the idea that they would not know about some of them and they would have to talk with the cast members to find their way. The got extra points if they we're in the picture and extra points if CMs were in the picture. We still have our lists online and you are welcome to them though they are now out of date. Some of the things aren't there anymore! (we did this October of 2009).

Over all, they had a good time with with it though our competitive types took all the prizes!

http://dbeedle.com/Photos/FNSC-Oct2009/ ... index.html

The top of that photo album is at: http://dbeedle.com/Photos/FNSC-Oct2009/index.html for some of the pics!
This would be pretty easy now that most everyone has a cell phone to snap a quick photo rather than having to take photos with a regular camera ~ sounds like fun :D

Swanny8777
Fire Engine Driver
Fire Engine Driver

Post by Swanny8777 » May Mon 19, 2014 1:33 pm

I think you'd have a ton of fun with a Hidden Mickey scavenger hunt! My wife and I always try to hunt down the Mickeys when we go. There's a pretty dandy little book you can normally find in the park or purchase online, or you can just google Hidden Mickeys and there are plenty of people that have made pretty comprehensive lists. We always have a blast with it and then being able to take a couple of photos of the Mickeys we locate makes for a great memento, but most of all I think it gives you something that is fun for you personally, and when you're looking so hard for the Mickeys it really helps to soak in your surroundings for great memories to have down the road (instead of just rushing from one attraction to the next or being bored/impatient in a long line).

RobinSandusky

Post by RobinSandusky » May Tue 20, 2014 1:44 pm

Swanny8777 wrote:I think you'd have a ton of fun with a Hidden Mickey scavenger hunt! My wife and I always try to hunt down the Mickeys when we go. There's a pretty dandy little book you can normally find in the park or purchase online, or you can just google Hidden Mickeys and there are plenty of people that have made pretty comprehensive lists. We always have a blast with it and then being able to take a couple of photos of the Mickeys we locate makes for a great memento, but most of all I think it gives you something that is fun for you personally, and when you're looking so hard for the Mickeys it really helps to soak in your surroundings for great memories to have down the road (instead of just rushing from one attraction to the next or being bored/impatient in a long line).
You're so right!

He's a video game nerd, and gets a lot of fun out of finding all the little hidden treasures in the games, so I feel like it would be a great way to introduce that playful inclination into actual real-life surroundings.

Swanny8777
Fire Engine Driver
Fire Engine Driver

Post by Swanny8777 » May Sat 24, 2014 1:36 am

Haha! That's too funny about his love of video games and hunting down all the little things-and while I don't get much time anymore to spend on video games, I'm the same way! Maybe there's a connection there between that and my love of hunting down Hidden Mickeys... :goofy_bounce: