Kinect Disneyland Adventures Players Lounge

Forum games, including Disney Survival Games, scrambles, photo hunts, etc

Moderator: Moderators

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Kinect Disneyland Adventures Players Lounge

Post by horizons1 » Jan Sun 01, 2012 12:04 pm

I got Kinect Disneyland Andventures for Christmas and, while there was mention of this game in the "what are you doing" topic, I thought the subject deserves its own thread. Hopefully I am not the only one who has it!

First off, I have only just begun playing, so nothing but basic observations to start.

Look & Feel
The game is incredibly detailed, right down to ODV carts in most of the right places and music transitions between the
Lands. You can imagine the game designers walking through the park videotaping everything to get the detail just right - it's that good. However, the game might befall the same fate as the old WDW Explorer game in that it will become outdated as Disneyland grows and changes. Time will tell.

You can ride several rides as they are in reality, but not as many as I hoped. The game is co-written by Frontier, the producers of Rollercoaster Tycoon 3. If you have played that, you get some idea. For example, I rode Astro Orbiter and Gadget's Go Coaster by walking up to the queue. But other rides don't work that way. For example, there are people standing in line for Casey Jr. But the train just rolls past the station without stopping. Same for the Mark Twain. Other queues (like captain eo) are there but roped off. Not that I am surprised but still, would have been cool.

interactive Games
The major attractions are presented as games-within-games. I was prepared for this and thought I'd hate flying around with Buzz instead of sitting in a virtual ride car, but the mini games are fun so far. On the Matterhorn, for instance, you navigate a toboggan while following Goofy on skis. Fun.

Missions
The game starts with you picking a kid avatar and then Mickey asks you to go get Goofy's autograph. Tasks build from there but you can wander the park on your own too. Interacting with the characters is fun and you can speak several commands. I went up to Ariel and said "hi there" to start an interaction. You can hug the characters and even do a little dance with them, although the Kinect commands here are more of just triggers for "canned" animation (when you dance with the character your body movement is not relayed onscreen). Still, cool though. Several Disneyland cast members are positioned around the park as well, although most just give you useless Disneyland trivia.

I like the game and look forward to comparing notes, tips and tricks with other players! Let the adventures begin.
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Kinect Disneyland Adventures Players Lounge

Post by Amy » Jan Sun 01, 2012 12:14 pm

That sounds like fun! I wish I knew someone close who had the system. I would buy the game and share with them so I could play :D

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Jan Wed 04, 2012 10:28 pm

My brother and I got this for Hanukkah. I have been meaning to get around and play it but I have been a bit busy with other things. I'll definitely post my opinions about it once I start playing mine.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » Jan Sun 15, 2012 11:23 am

I've been playing a bit over the last couple of weeks. The little missions you are asked to accomplish by different characters are a mixed bag. Princess Aurora, for instance asks you to walk around and find baking supplies so she can bake a birthday cake for Meriweather. OK, but do the supplies need to be floating around out in the paths? Why couldn't they have tied this into the Main Street Bakery?

One other thing - as a person unmotivated to exercise - I found it is a good workout to hold weights while playing Kinect.

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » Jan Wed 18, 2012 3:53 pm

OK, I am never going to finish this game:

http://www.cheatcc.com/xbox360/sg/kinec ... ntures.txt

But at least now I understand some of the stranger behaviors in the game. Yesterday, the gold path kept leading me to the Fantasyland gift shop. I guess I am supposed to buy a photo album.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Wed 18, 2012 7:34 pm

horizons1 wrote:OK, I am never going to finish this game:

http://www.cheatcc.com/xbox360/sg/kinec ... ntures.txt

But at least now I understand some of the stranger behaviors in the game. Yesterday, the gold path kept leading me to the Fantasyland gift shop. I guess I am supposed to buy a photo album.
Oh my word ~ that is a lot of stuff to do :shock: I know with some of these video games I have no idea what I am doing while my nieces and nephews blissfully play on :roll:

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Jan Thu 19, 2012 11:14 am

I have played this a little bit and have yet to get past Main Street. I personally find the gestures and controls to be a bit on the confusing side, but once you learn those it is a blast. horizons1 really has explained everything perfectly about the game layout and how it plays. I hope that the game is something that stays current as it can be great for younger kids. The ability to interact with the characters is just amazing.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Feb Wed 15, 2012 7:41 pm

It was actually out of date before it released, skybox and the plaza inn had changed during development.