Ultimate WDW Nut in the Family - Len90 vs. Mark86

Forum games, including Disney Survival Games, scrambles, photo hunts, etc

Moderator: Moderators

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Ultimate WDW Nut in the Family - Len90 vs. Mark86

Post by Jacca5660 » Jun Tue 28, 2011 12:29 pm

They've been there during the holidays!!
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jun Tue 28, 2011 1:26 pm

Alrighty then...the score is:

Len90 33 points
Mark86 29 points

Which then takes us to our next challenge...

CHALLENGE #3: WDW Nut collects various knick-knacks from their WDW visit: park maps, parade routes, resort/hotel freebies, etc. All these items are offered free to the guests, and many are retained as momentos. For instance, a bamboo back scratcher that's served with a drink at O'hanas would be such an item if its kept and retained as a momento, even though it does not have the name of the restaurant on the item. The fact is, it's an item you get free with the drink at that restaurant. Where did you get your momentos from? Again, there's no need to post any photos, we'll take it on the honor system (however, if a contestant contests the list of the other contestant, then the contesting contestant can verify the veracity of the other contestant being contested). SCORING: Each contestant will get a point for each different area, park, or resort from which they've obtained their momento Disney knick-knack.

Now many WDW Nuts just don't stop there. Nope, they take items they are briefly given to them for their use, but instead of returning such items they are retained as vacation keepsake. These could include resort robes, resort monogramed towels, menus from a favorite restaurant, and so so. BONUS POINT SCORING: Each contestant will get a bonus point for each knicked knick-knack they've questionably obtain from a Disney park or resort to keep as a keepsake.

Responses must be posted by Friday, July 1st, 2011. Late postings will receive ZERO points.

Meanwhile, during that time, that gives us here on Subsonic plenty of time to discuss ideas for Challenge #4. Thanks to both Jacca5660 and Figmentaholic whose suggestions inspired this challenge.

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Jun Tue 28, 2011 1:39 pm

You mean my jar of SSE Roman Ruins stick juice, SSE Mickey wand glitter strips, Test Track rubber (from the track), seat number from FANTASMIC, and other odd things would get extra points??

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jun Tue 28, 2011 1:50 pm

Jacca5660 wrote:You mean my jar of SSE Roman Ruins stick juice, SSE Mickey wand glitter strips, Test Track rubber (from the track), seat number from FANTASMIC, and other odd things would get extra points??
If they were not given to you for you to keep freely by Disney, then yes... :mrgreen: :mickey:

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Jun Tue 28, 2011 1:57 pm

mindflipper wrote:
Jacca5660 wrote:You mean my jar of SSE Roman Ruins stick juice, SSE Mickey wand glitter strips, Test Track rubber (from the track), seat number from FANTASMIC, and other odd things would get extra points??
If they were not given to you for you to keep freely by Disney, then yes... :mrgreen: :mickey:
Disney doesn't give that stuff away!! I will not divulge my methods of collections!!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: POST-CHALLENGE TWO SCORES

Post by Amy » Jun Tue 28, 2011 2:28 pm

mindflipper wrote:BUT WAIT - there are "coolness" bonus points:
http://th08.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2 ... deMoon.jpg
Yes, fezzes are cool (just like Stetsons and bow ties), so Mark86 gets 2 bonus points for owning a fez, bringing his total to 19 points.
Coolness bonus points :lol: I about fell off of my chair! Awesome!!!

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jun Tue 28, 2011 2:44 pm

Jacca5660 wrote:
mindflipper wrote:
Disney doesn't give that stuff away!! I will not divulge my methods of collections!!
The idea is not to reward a person for questionable methods of collecting (it isn't, but just works out that way...) :wink: . This is a contest to prove which one is a bigger WDW Nut in the Family, and a WDW Nut would go to more extremes possibly than the average WDW fan. So the bonus points is really just a method to weed out who may be the bigger WDW nut. :mickey:

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Jun Wed 29, 2011 10:41 pm

Can we have a day or two extension? Just got back from a couple days of being away and have a ton to catch up on....
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jun Wed 29, 2011 11:33 pm

Len90 wrote:Can we have a day or two extension? Just got back from a couple days of being away and have a ton to catch up on....
Given that will put it into the 4th of July holiday weekend, then I would suggest a longer extension. How about Wednesday, July 6, 2011?

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Jun Thu 30, 2011 10:42 am

That would be perfect with me and I'm sure Mark would not object to it either.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

Moviemaker137
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by Moviemaker137 » Jun Thu 30, 2011 11:55 am

I really like this game guys! I am going to have to try this with my own family! - the only thing is I'm pretty sure -I'm- the Disney Nut in the family trail mix! >_< So there'd be a small chance of me losing :P but I will definitely have to play this with my girlfriend and family now, so if you don't mind guys I'm also going to take these challenges and see where I stack up in the rankings - sort of as a self evaluation!, but I can't wait to see who comes out on top! This game is really exciting and interesting, the challenges so far have been awesomely well thought out. :D

:hatter_bounce: MM137

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jun Thu 30, 2011 1:05 pm

Hmmmmmmmm, not a bad idea. I wonder how I would stack up against Len90 and Mark86. To be fair, if they did a proper accounting on Challenge #1, I think they both would outscore me there alone...

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Jun Thu 30, 2011 4:23 pm

I can't play this with my family.....Baloo would claim everything is her's except for my "T" shirts and half of those double as her night shirts!! What a RAW deal!!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Fri 01, 2011 6:57 am

mindflipper wrote:Hmmmmmmmm, not a bad idea. I wonder how I would stack up against Len90 and Mark86. To be fair, if they did a proper accounting on Challenge #1, I think they both would outscore me there alone...
Since watches were included, I would smoke you all. I used to collect watches...plus I have a ton of other Disney accessories :mickey:
For one of the challenges, how about how many different albums of Disney music they have. Not songs, that would take too long to count, but albums...

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jul Fri 01, 2011 9:32 am

Amy wrote:
mindflipper wrote:Hmmmmmmmm, not a bad idea. I wonder how I would stack up against Len90 and Mark86. To be fair, if they did a proper accounting on Challenge #1, I think they both would outscore me there alone...
Since watches were included, I would smoke you all. I used to collect watches...plus I have a ton of other Disney accessories :mickey:
For one of the challenges, how about how many different albums of Disney music they have. Not songs, that would take too long to count, but albums...
When you say albums, you mean records and CDs, right? What about MP3/ipod albums? Technically, anyone can make up plenty of those all by yourself...