Ultimate WDW Nut in the Family - Len90 vs. Mark86

Forum games, including Disney Survival Games, scrambles, photo hunts, etc

Moderator: Moderators

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Ultimate WDW Nut in the Family - Len90 vs. Mark86

Post by Len90 » Jul Fri 01, 2011 12:52 pm

mindflipper wrote:Hmmmmmmmm, not a bad idea. I wonder how I would stack up against Len90 and Mark86. To be fair, if they did a proper accounting on Challenge #1, I think they both would outscore me there alone...
10 characters is way too few. Just think you get through Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Pluto, goofy, Chip, and Dale you are at 7. Off the top of my head last year we took pictures with Lotso, Mr. and Mrs. Incredible, jafar, Tinkerbell, two other fairies, Cinderella, Belle, Ariel, Pinocchio, Mr. Snee, and many others. Add in a couple of different ones over the years and I'd say 30 is easily reached and 50 is in range ;)
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jul Fri 01, 2011 1:35 pm

LOL, Len90, I think if I look at all the photos I have I might come to 5! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Fri 01, 2011 3:24 pm

mindflipper wrote:
Amy wrote:
mindflipper wrote:Hmmmmmmmm, not a bad idea. I wonder how I would stack up against Len90 and Mark86. To be fair, if they did a proper accounting on Challenge #1, I think they both would outscore me there alone...
Since watches were included, I would smoke you all. I used to collect watches...plus I have a ton of other Disney accessories :mickey:
For one of the challenges, how about how many different albums of Disney music they have. Not songs, that would take too long to count, but albums...
When you say albums, you mean records and CDs, right? What about MP3/ipod albums? Technically, anyone can make up plenty of those all by yourself...
Well, I meant a CD since I doubt either Mark or Len actually own any vinyl records. Nope, not ones that are made up by the user, actual albums, like "The Official Album of Walt Disney World and Disneyland" "Fantasia 2000" "Cinderella" like those...

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jul Fri 01, 2011 5:55 pm

True, I think the last official "record" album at WDW was 1986, the year Mark86 was born, and all the LPs were gone by the time Len90 was born.

Most the "official album" CD's tend to be repetitive year after year if you think about it...

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Fri 01, 2011 10:51 pm

mindflipper wrote:True, I think the last official "record" album at WDW was 1986, the year Mark86 was born, and all the LPs were gone by the time Len90 was born.

Most the "official album" CD's tend to be repetitive year after year if you think about it...
They were definitely repetitive, but it didn't stop me from buying them...bought one this year too!

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Jul Sat 02, 2011 8:07 pm

Lets have a count of how many Disney Icons you can see from your computer chair. My count is over 150!
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Jul Wed 06, 2011 9:18 am

Answers coming tonight. I think mine will surprise you all a bit.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."

Mark86
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by Mark86 » Jul Wed 06, 2011 10:56 pm

I got towels folded in a hidden Mickey for free from a Disney resort. I think Len may take this round though...
Mark86

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Jul Wed 06, 2011 10:59 pm

Cutting it close to the deadline but my best freebie is the little booklet that your check is presented to you in following a table service meal. It does say Disney Parks on it and all.
- Len90

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jul Wed 06, 2011 11:17 pm

mindflipper wrote:CHALLENGE #3: WDW Nut collects various knick-knacks from their WDW visit: park maps, parade routes, resort/hotel freebies, etc. All these items are offered free to the guests, and many are retained as momentos. For instance, a bamboo back scratcher that's served with a drink at O'hanas would be such an item if its kept and retained as a momento, even though it does not have the name of the restaurant on the item. The fact is, it's an item you get free with the drink at that restaurant. Where did you get your momentos from? Again, there's no need to post any photos, we'll take it on the honor system (however, if a contestant contests the list of the other contestant, then the contesting contestant can verify the veracity of the other contestant being contested). SCORING: Each contestant will get a point for each different area, park, or resort from which they've obtained their momento Disney knick-knack.

Now many WDW Nuts just don't stop there. Nope, they take items they are briefly given to them for their use, but instead of returning such items they are retained as vacation keepsake. These could include resort robes, resort monogramed towels, menus from a favorite restaurant, and so so. BONUS POINT SCORING: Each contestant will get a bonus point for each knicked knick-knack they've questionably obtain from a Disney park or resort to keep as a keepsake.
You both only listed a single item. Is that item the only item you have that fits this challenge? I was wondering if you had the idea this was for a single item - the challenge was based on a collection of items.

For instance, I know I've got items from Contemporary, Polynesian, the Swan, Liberty Tree Tavern, and Alfredo's - so that would be 5 points. I've also got a knicked knick-knack (a complete menu from the now closed Alfredo's) - so that's a bonus point. For me, that would be 6 in total.

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Jul Thu 07, 2011 12:43 am

Sorry we were both under the impression that this was a single item challenge. I know we both have Clean Plate stickers from Prime Time, Leis from O'hana, the portfolio that they give you upon check-in at the front desk (2002, 2003, 2004, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010), two nerf balls each from Block Party Bash (2009, 2010), the free luggage tags that you get for each stay on our carry ons, and a complete set of park maps dating back to 1999, including 2001 Disneyland set (1999, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010). We also have pens from our rooms at the Walt Disney World resorts. Each resort used to have a color coded pen, but they are all now solid white on white. We have pens from our stays at Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Contemporary, Yacht and Beach. There are also a couple of pens that we ummm borrowed from the Swan/Dolphin. There are the wrist bands from EMH and the Yacht Beach pool. Finally, our carry-ons are filled with the valet tracking stickers that get put on your bags when you arrive at your resort.

Mindflipper, we originally just posted our stand-out difference in hopes of catching those elusive bonus points. I think everything but the pens, Mark's towel, and my check booklet are the ones that were not genuine freebees.
- Len90

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Thu 07, 2011 6:49 am

Len90 wrote:Cutting it close to the deadline but my best freebie is the little booklet that your check is presented to you in following a table service meal. It does say Disney Parks on it and all.
How in the world did you manage to take that?! :shock:

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jul Thu 07, 2011 9:32 am

Amy wrote:
Len90 wrote:Cutting it close to the deadline but my best freebie is the little booklet that your check is presented to you in following a table service meal. It does say Disney Parks on it and all.
Don't ask - it just ended up in his bag purely by mistake. :roll: When I ate at Alfredo's the last time a few weeks before its closing the waiter actually gave us the menu when we were telling him how much we were going to miss the place after it was gone. It's not a freebie even though it was given as we still had to take it out without anyone else noticing...

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Jul Thu 07, 2011 11:00 am

Amy wrote:
Umm I borrowed it ;) ;)
- Len90

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jul Thu 07, 2011 11:02 pm

The challenge was how many different locations (resorts, parks, attraction/show, restaurant) from which you got freebies. Based on your posts, I counted the freebies from the following locations: Prime Time, O'hana, Block Party Bash/DHS, set of park maps (4 parks), Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Contemporary, Yacht, Beach, Swan, and Dolphin. You both agree this is the same between the two of you. 1 point for each location, total of locations/resorts/restaurants listed: 14 points

Bonus:
Len90: knicked the WDW bill booklet - 1 bonus point
Mark86: folded towel from resort - 1 bonus point

The pens are available for all guests. They're not really knicked. One trip to Diz usually gives me enough ballpoints to last for a year LOL.

Tthe score is:

Len90 47 points
Mark86 43 points

Which then takes us to our next challenge...

CHALLENGE #4: WDW Nuts are net surfers who can find out alot about the WDW theme-parks from their surfing. How many different websites do you have saved as favorites in your internet browser? To clarify: it's the number of websites, not the number of links you got saved. For instance, if you have one link to Subsonic Radio Forums saved in your favorites and another link to the Subsonic Radio Now Playing list saved as well, it maybe 2 different items saved in your favorites but it is still only ONE website: Subsonic Radio. SCORING: one point for each website you have saved in the favorites of your internet web browser. Also, you can NOT go adding any new websites to your favorites after reading this challenge and count them. That's cheating. Now, I know both of you have iphones, so I am also including that as well. SCORING: for each app you have on your iphone that is related to WDW theme-parks, you get one point. Again, there's no need to post any photos, we'll take it on the honor system (however, if a contestant contests the list of the other contestant, then the contesting contestant can verify the veracity of the other contestant being contested).

DEADLINE: Responses must be posted by Monday, July 11, 2011. Late postings will receive ZERO points.