Epcot trivia game

Forum games, including Disney Survival Games, scrambles, photo hunts, etc

Moderator: Moderators

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Epcot trivia game

Post by Len90 » Jun Mon 06, 2011 1:12 am

yodiwan1 wrote:It also protects them from rain. There is a gutter system around the circumfrance which emtpies into the World Showcase Lagoon!
Correct. Below the white panels is a unique gutter system that prevents water from falling onto the people below and actually drains to the World Showcase lagoon....
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

yodiwan1
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate

Post by yodiwan1 » Jun Mon 06, 2011 6:22 am

Ok, I have a feeling this may be a stumper. If no one gets it within 3 days I will reveal the answer...Backstage, in Soarin' The walls are all painted one color, except one. What is the color of this one wall,and why?
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Mon 06, 2011 6:44 am

yodiwan1 wrote:It also protects them from rain. There is a gutter system around the circumfrance which emtpies into the World Showcase Lagoon!
You know I asked several CM's if that was true one time when I was there and none of them would confirm it...

Mr.ToadWildRider
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by Mr.ToadWildRider » Jun Wed 08, 2011 3:22 pm

yodiwan1 wrote:Before AK opened, the actual center of WDW was located in EPCOT....where is that spot?
I don't understand...wouldn't that spot still be the center of WDW? How does developing land that is already incorporated change the center? Are they not counting all of the actual real estate, but rather simply what's been developed? Otherwise, since they've added resorts wouldn't it keep moving if they did it that way?

I'm confused... :?:
Amy wrote:
You know I asked several CM's if that was true one time when I was there and none of them would confirm it...
I would think that is true as otherwise if it rained the underside of SSE would be one massive puddle I'd imagine. The water would just run down the outside surface until the bottom. I never noticed before, but now that it's been mentioned I think the underside of SSE is always rather bone dry and that'd be the logical explanation?

As for the question at hand, I'm not sure what color it would be but I'd imagine the significance may have something to do with either DCA or Kitchen Kabaret/Food Rocks to pay homage to either the birth park of the attraction or the attraction it replaced/killed?

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Wed 08, 2011 4:01 pm

yodiwan1 wrote:Ok, I have a feeling this may be a stumper. If no one gets it within 3 days I will reveal the answer...Backstage, in Soarin' The walls are all painted one color, except one. What is the color of this one wall,and why?
Isn't it because the show building is visible from the Canadian Pavilion?

yodiwan1

Post by yodiwan1 » Jun Wed 08, 2011 6:17 pm

I will clarify a bit. I meant backstage, but still in the building. Basically, it is the entrance that celebs are backdoored. As for the center of WDW, It is ht center of the developed land. One the floor there is a plaque, along with other facts. I learned this on the undiscovered futureworld tour...along with thre gutter answer and now this question...whenever the answer is given, I will tell the funny story that goes along with it.
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"

Mr.ToadWildRider

Post by Mr.ToadWildRider » Jun Thu 09, 2011 9:13 am

The wall is purple.

yodiwan1

Post by yodiwan1 » Jun Thu 09, 2011 10:03 am

nope...will reveal tomorrow morning if no one gets it...

yodiwan1

Post by yodiwan1 » Jun Tue 14, 2011 3:51 pm

maybe we should switch this to WDW Park Trivia? that way is not as limited and more people may want to partake?

lonepalm
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by lonepalm » Nov Wed 09, 2011 11:04 pm

It also seems to act as a wind tunnel....every time I walk under it, I swear my hat is about to fly off!

Proud bandwidth donor to Subsonic Radio!

Check out disneyparksinfo.com and wdwthemeparks.com!