Most Requested Songs!

Forum games, including Disney Survival Games, scrambles, photo hunts, etc

Moderator: Moderators

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Apr Wed 14, 2010 11:57 am

In regards to SSE, I love the instrumental version...but I'm not sure just how popular it is...

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Most Requested Songs!

Post by Amy » Apr Wed 14, 2010 12:18 pm

momeja wrote:Then how come it's always red...? :?:
Do they turn red if people are only perusing the song titles? I've yet to make any requests so I am quite in the dark here...:?

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Apr Wed 14, 2010 1:11 pm

It is really hard to determine what is the most requested song via that number. You would have to study over a certain period of time when all these tracks were listed.

My honest feeling is that Star Tunnel, Innoventions 4, Illuminations An Evening at EPCOT, and Soarin' are the most requested tracks and toughest to find available.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Apr Wed 14, 2010 1:13 pm

Len90 wrote:It is really hard to determine what is the most requested song via that number. You would have to study over a certain period of time when all these tracks were listed.

My honest feeling is that Star Tunnel, Innoventions 4, Illuminations An Evening at EPCOT, and Soarin' are the most requested tracks and toughest to find available.
I would have to agree Len! That sounds about right...

momeja
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by momeja » Apr Wed 14, 2010 2:01 pm

Amy wrote:
momeja wrote:Then how come it's always red...? :?:
Do they turn red if people are only perusing the song titles? I've yet to make any requests so I am quite in the dark here...:?
They turn red for 3 days when someone requests them. It's to prevent the stream from becoming one long tribute to SSE or Horizons. :wink:

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Apr Wed 14, 2010 5:56 pm

momeja wrote:They turn red for 3 days when someone requests them. It's to prevent the stream from becoming one long tribute to SSE or Horizons. :wink:
It's not just the requests that help them turn red. Sometimes if no one requests them or they wind up in the stream during the off hours, it can change the time to later.

Arete
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by Arete » Apr Wed 14, 2010 6:19 pm

Hey Amy, if you don't use your points can I have them. :D Ha!

I thought this thread was going to be about what we request most individually. I'd be interested in seeing what everyone's favorite tracks are, or at least the ones that are most available to be requested. :lol:

For me it'd probably be the Universe of Energy 17 minute loop. Its last 7 requests have all been me. I'm always requesting the Boo-to-You opening and closing tracks as well, and the Evening at Epcot and Wonders of Life loops if I ever get the opportunity.

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Apr Wed 14, 2010 6:56 pm

I like that idea too Arete!

I too request Wonders of Life loop and evening at EPCOT whenever possible. Among others like the Seasons of the Vine Medley, Dancin' a catchy rhythm, the instrumental version of grim grinning ghosts(from DLP), Muppets area music and the Paradise Pier music.

Plus many more (but those are my faves)...when I get the chance to request

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Apr Wed 14, 2010 7:20 pm

MmeLeota wrote:Dancin' a catchy rhythm
I love this song! I was at DLP when this parade was playing. I like to crank it up in the car for the intro! I played the song once for a friend of mine and she thought I was nuts! :roll: You are the only friends I have that understand :D

Arete

Post by Arete » Apr Wed 14, 2010 7:49 pm

MmeLeota wrote:I like that idea too Arete!

I too request Wonders of Life loop and evening at EPCOT whenever possible. Among others like the Seasons of the Vine Medley, Dancin' a catchy rhythm, the instrumental version of grim grinning ghosts(from DLP), Muppets area music and the Paradise Pier music.

Plus many more (but those are my faves)...when I get the chance to request
Great mind think alike. :lol:

I love the Dancin' a Catchy Rhythm, too. I just snagged Evening at Epcot. I have to stay up a little past my bedtime but it's worth it!

Amy wrote:
MmeLeota wrote:Dancin' a catchy rhythm
I love this song! I was at DLP when this parade was playing. I like to crank it up in the car for the intro! I played the song once for a friend of mine and she thought I was nuts! :roll: You are the only friends I have that understand :D
It's one of the songs I wouldn't normally like, but the associations with Disney and the multiple listenings have made it a favorite. I find a lot of the songs are like that - I wouldn't like them if they weren't park related music. :o

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Apr Wed 14, 2010 7:59 pm

Arete wrote: I find a lot of the songs are like that - I wouldn't like them if they weren't park related music. :o
I would agree with you on this one Arete. The first time I heard America Sings I was like what the heck?! But it happened to be the correct length for a stretching program that I was doing at that time so I listened to it more, and ended up liking it...

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Apr Thu 15, 2010 2:03 am

I used to request all the Club 33 songs back when I first started out on this site. I still do here and there though now that I have all the songs on my iTunes, I haven't done it anymore.

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » May Wed 05, 2010 4:18 pm

MmeLeota wrote: I too request Wonders of Life loop and evening at EPCOT whenever possible.

Same for me! Those are two of my favorites.

Mr.ToadWildRider
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by Mr.ToadWildRider » Mar Thu 31, 2011 1:54 pm

Sorry for reviving dead threads but I think that just because a song is popular doesn't mean it'll have the most requests as many of the popular tracks weren't around when SSR started and were added later. It's really finding a track that is as old to the site as much as it is popular.

Besides the granddaddy of all requests is almost certainly http://www.subsonicradio.com/track/info ... ck_id=4489

Every oldtimer on this site should know how impossible Stave Church has been to request for the last several years straight.

Polynesian Princess
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Post by Polynesian Princess » Apr Fri 01, 2011 12:13 am

I think reviving dead threads is great. :) It's always nice to come back and revisit something and allow those who didn't experience it the first time to see it.

I don't think I've ever heard that one! I guess now I'll be on the quest to request it. :lol:
Can't wait to take my twin boys on their first trip to Walt Disney World! Planning on heading there sometime Feb-May 2014!