Quotables...

Forum games, including Disney Survival Games, scrambles, photo hunts, etc

Moderator: Moderators

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Quotables...

Post by NaCler » Mar Wed 31, 2010 3:17 pm

Since MmeLeota and I stumbled upon this on another thread, why not get it started here, as that is where it belongs anyway.

If you have any favorite lines from movies that just come to you throughout the day or on a regular basis, go ahead and quote them here. Disney or not... be as creative and crazy as you want. Just keep it clean, as always.

Ours from today was, "INfamous is when you are MORE than famous..." from the Three Amigos...

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Mar Wed 31, 2010 3:35 pm

Ha ha!!! Great new topic!!!

Another one of mine is simply the word "inconceivable"...upon hearing the word, I am prompted to say "you keep using that word...I do not think it means what you think it means". (from "The Princess Bride")

Yet another one is anytime I hear a message about doors closing (like on a bus or tram) I am prompted to say "por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas".

There are many others, but I could go on forever...hey, that's another one! Fooorrreeevvvveeerrr ("The Sandlot")

Oy!!! This could be a dangerous topic! :shock:

99Soulz
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by 99Soulz » Mar Wed 31, 2010 3:52 pm

Fun Topic! Maybe we can also see what movies bring out the most used quotes in everyday life....

I am always thinking of movie quotes when some things are being said in conversations but the 2 movies that I seem to reference the most are Christmas Vacation and Caddyshack.

Christmas Vacation....."You serious Clark??" from Eddie after Clark tells the kids he heard airplane pilots spotted Santa on the radar......that quote always comes out when I hear someone ask "are you serious".

And Caddyshack just has an endless amount of quotes......but since I have to keep it clean the ones that come to mind are when Spalding is telling Smails "I want a hamburger, no a cheeseburger, a hotdog, a milkshake...." then Smails yells out "You'll get nothing and like it!!" That always comes out when my wife is telling me what to order at a quick service when she is going to find a table. Another one is when it's raining and we are deciding to tough it out or call it a day inthe parks the old "I don't think the heavy stuff's gonna come down for quite a while, I'd keep playing!" famous line from Carl (aka Bill Murray - see avatar).

Arete
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by Arete » Mar Wed 31, 2010 5:02 pm

One that comes to mind for me is the "To make a long story short... TOO LATE" exchange at the end of Clue. I always have to say "Too Late" whenever that phrase comes up.

I have to agree that the Princess Bride is very quotable. I took a couple of fencing classes a few years back and oh my goodness no one could shut up with the "Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya". :P

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Mar Wed 31, 2010 5:20 pm

Arete wrote:One that comes to mind for me is the "To make a long story short... TOO LATE" exchange at the end of Clue. I always have to say "Too Late" whenever that phrase comes up.
I love that movie! Fried monkey's brains anyone?
Arete wrote:I have to agree that the Princess Bride is very quotable. I took a couple of fencing classes a few years back and oh my goodness no one could shut up with the "Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya". :P
"...you killed my father. Prepare to die" :lol: Sorry, I couldn't help it. I can only imagine what a fencing class would be like...so many quotes would be flying...

Arete

Post by Arete » Mar Wed 31, 2010 5:36 pm

MmeLeota wrote:Fried monkey's brains anyone?
"Is that what we were eating?" *hurp*

MmeLeota wrote:"...you killed my father. Prepare to die"
"Stop Saying that!"

I thought it was hilarious in class, but perhaps I'm biased because I love the movie so much. I was actually rather surprised how much of a favorite it was with most of the guys in the class. I had always assumed it was more of a girly film but I guess not.

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Mar Wed 31, 2010 5:47 pm

My mom and I quote movies like crazy. My personal favorite is her favorite Robin Hood: Men in Tights quotes, "Because unlike some other Robin Hoods, I can speak with an English accent."

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Mar Wed 31, 2010 6:07 pm

I thought it was hilarious in class, but perhaps I'm biased because I love the movie so much. I was actually rather surprised how much of a favorite it was with most of the guys in the class. I had always assumed it was more of a girly film but I guess not.
I always thought that too, but when I found out that my friend and his sons quote the movie all the time too, I learned my lesson. We've been known to start the battle of wits or rhyming scene...just because :roll:
DH thinks I'm crazy every time I watch it, but he tends to start with "bye bye boys..." (and he should know better 'cause I'm gonna finish that whole part :wink: It's like potato chips...once you eat one, you can't stop :D )

Ms. Swann - that's a great quoting movie too! (Funny, since Cary Elwes is in that one too!) I love how John's mole was always in a different position in every scene! :lol:

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Mar Wed 31, 2010 6:19 pm

I always use this one on my boys. It's from Johnny Dangerously, "My mother touched me like that once.............ONCE!!

One I use when someone says something totally absurd, it's from Real Genius, "Your mother sews license plates in you underwear?" That and "In the last words of Socrates, I DRANK WHAT?"
Last edited by Jacca5660 on Mar Wed 31, 2010 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Mar Wed 31, 2010 7:19 pm

MmeLeota wrote:Ms. Swann - that's a great quoting movie too! (Funny, since Cary Elwes is in that one too!) I love how John's mole was always in a different position in every scene! :lol:
Wasn't your... didn't your mole used to be on the other side?
I HAVE A MOLE!?

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Wed 31, 2010 8:12 pm

I have never seen the Princess Bride so those quotes are very foreign to me. The mole bit sounds funny though! One quote I really like however is from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, Willy says "We are the music-makers and we are the dreamers of dreams."

NaCler

Post by NaCler » Mar Wed 31, 2010 8:42 pm

elizabethswann wrote:My mom and I quote movies like crazy. My personal favorite is her favorite Robin Hood: Men in Tights quotes, "Because unlike some other Robin Hoods, I can speak with an English accent."
Nice one... I always quote the, "A toll's a toll and a roll's a roll... and if we don't get no tolls then we don't eat no rolls."

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Apr Thu 01, 2010 1:32 am

I love that quote, NaCler.

NaCler

Post by NaCler » Apr Thu 01, 2010 6:03 am

elizabethswann wrote:I love that quote, NaCler.
Yeah, my family gets tired of me saying it EVERY time we are at the table and have rolls with whatever we are eating. :D

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Apr Thu 01, 2010 11:31 am

I have never seen the Princess Bride so those quotes are very foreign to me.
WHAT?!?!?! You're a DWV and a PBV?!?!?!?! You must rent it, borrow it, whatever it takes to see it! Granted, it's from 1987...eek! But highly quotable!

BTW, the "mole" quotes are from "Robin Hood: Men in Tights"...another very quotable movie (and a Mel Brooks film, so highly entertaining!)

Going back to the Little John tolls/rolls quote, I love that one too! Don't forget Will Scarlett O'Hara (we're from Georgia)...