CRAZY Cheap Tickets

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

CRAZY Cheap Tickets

Post by theBIGyowski » Jan Fri 30, 2015 10:24 am

Mods...this is not meant to be any kind of advertisement for the site I am mentioning...just opening up a discussion to let folks know there is a way to get incredibly cheap park tickets.

http://pleasuretickets.com/

As far as I can tell, it looks completely legitimate. I don't know exactly how it works, but I believe this person is a ticket broker who purchases unused ticket vouchers from Expedia/Travelocity/etc. As some of you know, those sites are able to get cheaper ticket vouchers since they are connected to a package deal. I want to say that maybe these cheaper tickets are "orphaned" from their packages and somehow stay at that lower price. So this broker buys those cheap vouchers and then marks them up slightly to sell them to the general public. His site gives detailed directions on how to link the voucher to your MDE account as well as exchanging them for actual tickets once you get on property. I'll have to research more to see if you can link them to a Magic Band but I don't see why not if it is linked to your MDE account.

It wouldn't be something I would suggest a novice try since there is some labor and trust involved, but a seasoned veteran could really save a lot of money. I think I checked and a 7-day park hopper pass is $137 cheaper per ticket than what Disney sells. That is a TON of savings! Anyway...I'm not here to endorse anything or promote anything. I just thought I would share the site so everyone here could know it's out there and maybe keep tabs on it to see how legitimate it is over time. If it's still up and running next year, I may end up buying my own tickets this way to save money.

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: CRAZY Cheap Tickets

Post by Amy » Jan Fri 30, 2015 8:59 pm

Hmm, I probably wouldn't try it even as a seasoned veteran. I'm all about saving money when I can but I'm so scared of losing money on something like this. If they are still up and running by the time you go, they probably are legitimate. Worth a try for a brave soul.

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Jan Sat 31, 2015 1:05 pm

I"m with Amy... skeptical, cautious. I'd rather spend the extra dollars for a sure thing. Just me.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » Feb Sun 01, 2015 10:48 am

I just noticed the site is closed while they "catch up on orders." Never a good sign.

We generally feel comfortable pointing people to mousesavers, which is how I found undercovertourist.com which sells legit park tickets at a decent (but not suspiciously aggressive) discount.
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.

Polynesian Princess
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Post by Polynesian Princess » Feb Sun 01, 2015 11:31 am

It's a small amount of savings in the big picture of how much a trip costs. Not worth the risk imo.
Can't wait to take my twin boys on their first trip to Walt Disney World! Planning on heading there sometime Feb-May 2014!

theBIGyowski

Post by theBIGyowski » Feb Mon 09, 2015 12:33 pm

Yeah DW and I always use Undercover Tourist for our tickets. I'm keeping an eye on this guy though. He has explained why he takes his site down...but he needs better business advice on how to handle it. After talking with an AP holder here at work, he says the guy is 100% legitimate. It's just that you end up with some restrictive tickets. So if the restrictions work for you and your trip...great. If not...then you are better off getting your tickets elsewhere.

Like I said...I'll keep my eye on it as tickets aren't something you need a year in advance...so you can wait if you need to. The more time that goes by, the more credible this guy has the chance to be. Apparently this kind of things has been going on for a while, it's just not talked about at all, so no one knows about it.

theBIGyowski

Post by theBIGyowski » Feb Mon 09, 2015 4:59 pm

It's looking more and more like this ticket site was involved in a scam. Maybe the guy running it wasn't directly involved...but at some level the tickets he was selling were purchased by someone else using stolen credit cards.

There is no proof of that...but I would suggest not buying anything from that site. You can't right now anyway...so not a problem. Sorry for posting the site or if anyone went on and bought and didn't get a ticket. I hope he's legitimate...but most signs are pointing to that not being the case.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Mon 09, 2015 9:12 pm

theBIGyowski wrote:It's looking more and more like this ticket site was involved in a scam. Maybe the guy running it wasn't directly involved...but at some level the tickets he was selling were purchased by someone else using stolen credit cards.

There is no proof of that...but I would suggest not buying anything from that site. You can't right now anyway...so not a problem. Sorry for posting the site or if anyone went on and bought and didn't get a ticket. I hope he's legitimate...but most signs are pointing to that not being the case.
That is too bad ~ glad you followed up on it and let us know!

Polynesian Princess

Post by Polynesian Princess » Feb Mon 09, 2015 10:19 pm

theBIGyowski wrote:It's just that you end up with some restrictive tickets. So if the restrictions work for you and your trip...great. If not...then you are better off getting your tickets elsewhere.
I'm curious - did he say what kinds of restrictions?
Can't wait to take my twin boys on their first trip to Walt Disney World! Planning on heading there sometime Feb-May 2014!

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Feb Tue 10, 2015 12:59 pm

Well, the moral of this story, as is the case with most like it, is that if something sounds too good to be true, it probably is. I know when I read the description, I gave my computer that cocked eyebrow, skeptical, sort of look that develops with 47 years of age. :)
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

theBIGyowski

Post by theBIGyowski » Feb Wed 11, 2015 11:30 am

according to a friend of mine...it is technically possible to get the cheap tickets that person had on their website...but it's not easy

As far as the restrictions...they were based on date and the tickets more than likely couldn't be altered in any way such as adding days or upgrading to an AP or non-expiring ticket. This is the case for all group tickets that come in voucher form such as what you would get when you take a large group like a band, choir, class, etc. So those tickets are cheaper than you can get from anyone, but they are only meant for that group and if Disney found out you (3rd party vendor) were selling those tickets to anyone other than the group they would cut ties with you.

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » Feb Wed 11, 2015 7:15 pm

Some of the restrictions:

You have to enter the MK through the Utilidors
The only water park is River Country
Your magic bands are shaped like animals when you're not wearing them
Park hopping involves some fences and razor wire
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Wed 11, 2015 7:34 pm

horizons1 wrote:Some of the restrictions:

You have to enter the MK through the Utilidors
The only water park is River Country
Your magic bands are shaped like animals when you're not wearing them
Park hopping involves some fences and razor wire
:lol: :lol: :lol: Some of those wouldn't be so bad! :lol: :lol: :lol:

UncleScrooge477
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by UncleScrooge477 » Mar Fri 20, 2015 3:01 pm

Using the utilidors to get in avoids a LOT of crowds. But it is usually a longer walk...and there are stairs involved. And other things....
UncleScrooge477

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Fri 20, 2015 7:20 pm

UncleScrooge477 wrote:Using the utilidors to get in avoids a LOT of crowds. But it is usually a longer walk...and there are stairs involved. And other things....
I was rummaging around on youtube the other day for something and came across a couple of fellows who boldly walked into the Utilidors and wandered around until they popped out again. I can't imagine no one stopped them, but they just wandered on like they belonged. I don't think I would want to take the risk of being found and kicked out of the park.