In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

Polynesian Princess
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Re: CRAZY Cheap Tickets

Post by Polynesian Princess » Mar Sat 21, 2015 12:07 am

Amy wrote:
UncleScrooge477 wrote:Using the utilidors to get in avoids a LOT of crowds. But it is usually a longer walk...and there are stairs involved. And other things....
I was rummaging around on youtube the other day for something and came across a couple of fellows who boldly walked into the Utilidors and wandered around until they popped out again. I can't imagine no one stopped them, but they just wandered on like they belonged. I don't think I would want to take the risk of being found and kicked out of the park.
I don't guess they'd believe you made a "wrong turn" and "got lost", huh? :lol:
Can't wait to take my twin boys on their first trip to Walt Disney World! Planning on heading there sometime Feb-May 2014!

UncleScrooge477
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by UncleScrooge477 » Mar Sun 22, 2015 5:32 pm

Polynesian Princess wrote:
Amy wrote:
UncleScrooge477 wrote:Using the utilidors to get in avoids a LOT of crowds. But it is usually a longer walk...and there are stairs involved. And other things....
I was rummaging around on youtube the other day for something and came across a couple of fellows who boldly walked into the Utilidors and wandered around until they popped out again. I can't imagine no one stopped them, but they just wandered on like they belonged. I don't think I would want to take the risk of being found and kicked out of the park.
I don't guess they'd believe you made a "wrong turn" and "got lost", huh? :lol:
Acting like you BELONG somewhere works in a lot of situations. There's a whole psychological thing about it. Trust, image, etc. etc. You can trust me, really - I'm a scientist.
UncleScrooge477

ImagineerWannabe
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by ImagineerWannabe » Mar Sun 22, 2015 5:54 pm

Carrying something works too. A piece of paper or file folder with a pen, and looking confident often means no questions. I can't say I've actually tried it in places I shouldn't have been, but I have been places were *others* didn't know if I was suppose to be, and they never said a thing. Don't think I'd be brave enough to try it in the utilidors though.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Sun 22, 2015 6:35 pm

UncleScrooge477 wrote:Acting like you BELONG somewhere works in a lot of situations. There's a whole psychological thing about it. Trust, image, etc. etc. You can trust me, really - I'm a scientist.
Yeah, I have heard that before, but wouldn't want to risk it.
ImagineerWannabe wrote:Carrying something works too. A piece of paper or file folder with a pen, and looking confident often means no questions. I can't say I've actually tried it in places I shouldn't have been, but I have been places were *others* didn't know if I was suppose to be, and they never said a thing. Don't think I'd be brave enough to try it in the utilidors though.
Yeah, I probably wouldn't blend in well with my backpack :lol:

Polynesian Princess

Post by Polynesian Princess » Mar Mon 23, 2015 2:03 am

As much as I'd love to see them, I'd never risk it either. At least we got to live vicariously through the videos. :lol:
Amy wrote:
ImagineerWannabe wrote:Carrying something works too. A piece of paper or file folder with a pen, and looking confident often means no questions. I can't say I've actually tried it in places I shouldn't have been, but I have been places were *others* didn't know if I was suppose to be, and they never said a thing. Don't think I'd be brave enough to try it in the utilidors though.
That might not make you stand out. I'm sure plenty of CMs bring their various belongings (change of clothes, lunch, book to read, etc.) in a backpack or some other form of bag.
Can't wait to take my twin boys on their first trip to Walt Disney World! Planning on heading there sometime Feb-May 2014!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Mon 23, 2015 6:46 am

Polynesian Princess wrote:As much as I'd love to see them, I'd never risk it either. At least we got to live vicariously through the videos. :lol:
Amy wrote:
That might not make you stand out. I'm sure plenty of CMs bring their various belongings (change of clothes, lunch, book to read, etc.) in a backpack or some other form of bag.
Oooo, hadn't thought of that! Nah, I'll still be good. I got to see the Utilidors a few times on tours. Next time I see them I will be traveling through them for my job...someday :D

Polynesian Princess

Post by Polynesian Princess » Mar Mon 23, 2015 11:46 am

I'd love to take one of the backstage tours, but that will probably have to wait a few years for my kids to be older or for us to take an adults only trip.

Good luck fulfilling that dream! I'd love to be a seasonal cm. Living in Georgia, I'm sure I could make it work. But I know those positions are hard to come by if you don't start out part/full time.

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Mar Mon 23, 2015 11:48 am

All right you guys. If you can't stay to the topic of CRAZY Cheap Tickets I'll... well I'll...

Hmm. :lol: :lol: :lol:

But seriously, maybe someone wants to start a thread about forbidden things you'd love to try?
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Post by theBIGyowski » Mar Mon 23, 2015 12:17 pm

To keep it on topic...whenever you go to the URL you are routed to a message saying they are on a "much needed vacation" and will be back up and running when they get back. Riiiiiiight. It's been there for a few weeks now. Maybe someone ended up in jail.

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Mon 23, 2015 1:29 pm

theBIGyowski wrote:To keep it on topic...whenever you go to the URL you are routed to a message saying they are on a "much needed vacation" and will be back up and running when they get back. Riiiiiiight. It's been there for a few weeks now. Maybe someone ended up in jail.
Sounds like they are out of business for quite awhile in any case. Hope no one lost their money to them.
cy1229 wrote:All right you guys. If you can't stay to the topic of CRAZY Cheap Tickets I'll... well I'll...

Hmm. :lol: :lol: :lol:

But seriously, maybe someone wants to start a thread about forbidden things you'd love to try?
We'll be better...or at least try ;)

One forbidden thread comin' right up! Send up a package of those delicious Fritos while you're at it! :lol:

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Mar Mon 23, 2015 3:50 pm

theBIGyowski wrote:To keep it on topic...whenever you go to the URL you are routed to a message saying they are on a "much needed vacation" and will be back up and running when they get back. Riiiiiiight. It's been there for a few weeks now. Maybe someone ended up in jail.
Which, if your idea of vacation is to just sit around and do not much, might feel like a vacation. :shock: :lol: :lol: :roll: 8-)

I get really irritated at people who take advantage of others. Sometimes, doing wrong things is unintentional or an act of passion. But cheating people out of something? That's deliberate, with forethought, planning, and a determination to follow through. It makes me pretty :x :x :x
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

theBIGyowski

Post by theBIGyowski » Mar Mon 23, 2015 4:04 pm

Yeah I think I talked about it earlier in the thread...but I believe what happened was some group stole credit card numbers. Then that group (A) sold those credit cards to group (B). Group B then uses those credit cards to buy lots of Disney tickets from Orbitz and such. Then that group gives those tickets to Person C who sells them to the consumer...charging them a fraction of the cost.

So there is no fraud between Person C and the consumer because they are selling the consumer a real ticket voucher. The fraud happened earlier when the credit cards were stolen and used to purchase the tickets in the first place.

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)