Port Orleans.

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

Goofyfan
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Port Orleans.

Post by Goofyfan » Jun Tue 17, 2014 5:43 pm

Does anyone know why Port Orleans is not included with any of the deals? Kind of Bummed>>>>> :evil: :goofy:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Port Orleans.

Post by Amy » Jun Tue 17, 2014 6:08 pm

Goofyfan wrote:Does anyone know why Port Orleans is not included with any of the deals? Kind of Bummed>>>>> :evil: :goofy:
Perhaps it is popular enough to be filled without offering any discounts?

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » Jun Thu 19, 2014 10:28 am

What do you mean by "any of the deals"? Are you saying you don't see discounts on those two resorts when you use the offer codes online? Have you tried calling?
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.

foldmama
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by foldmama » Jun Mon 23, 2014 10:13 am

Riverside and the French Quarter fill up quickly on their own. It's very hard to get a discount for these properties but not unheard off. The more popular resorts to carry the discounts are Caribbean Beach and The Coronado. I have stayed at all the moderates and I do favor Riverside and then a extremely close second is the French Quarter. I really enjoy the boat to Downtown Disney.

If the savings is substantial I will stay at the Caribbean Beach. I just try to get a room across the bridge in Aruba or Jamaica, I think it might be.

My least favorite is the Coronado. I just don't enjoy seeing people dressed for work and attending meetings while on vacation. I'm not a fan of the food court at all. The one benefit to this hotel is the bus stops tend to be closer then the other three for the parks. I think this is a great moderate if you are traveling on your own.

Eileen

Goofyfan

Post by Goofyfan » Jun Sat 28, 2014 3:49 pm

horizons1 wrote:What do you mean by "any of the deals"? Are you saying you don't see discounts on those two resorts when you use the offer codes online? Have you tried calling?

Any deals that were to be found for the Moderate resorts were all included and stated Except Port Orleans. I tried on line, MEI, and called WDW directly. Reading other messages seems to make sense on the popularity of Port Orleans. Also the week that we have planned to go does not have any deals what so ever on resorts or meal plan. . :goofy:

Goofyfan

Post by Goofyfan » Jun Sun 29, 2014 9:47 pm

But what the heck!!! We are still going to Disney :D :goofy:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Sun 29, 2014 10:02 pm

Goofyfan wrote:But what the heck!!! We are still going to Disney :D :goofy:
'S all good then :lol:

SeattleSuz
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard

Post by SeattleSuz » Jun Tue 02, 2015 12:48 pm

When we tried to get a deal the last time we went to WDW, we really wanted to stay at Port Orleans FQ, but the deal was for PO-Riverside, so we took that and then went to the French Quarter pool a couple of times.
Image Image

momeja
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by momeja » Apr Thu 07, 2016 8:57 am

I think it's popularity that keeps them from being part of the current discounts. The deals are to fill less popular resorts.

It's too bad. I love Riverside, and French Quarter is nice, too.

zhoover
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by zhoover » Apr Thu 14, 2016 11:23 am

I'm staying at Riverside for the first time this weekend - it was one of the only things available when I booked late for the Star Wars race. Really looking forward to it - any can't-misses at the resort??

momeja

Post by momeja » Apr Wed 20, 2016 7:58 am

zhoover wrote:I'm staying at Riverside for the first time this weekend - it was one of the only things available when I booked late for the Star Wars race. Really looking forward to it - any can't-misses at the resort??
YES! (if it's not too late). Yeehaa Bob plays every Wed. through Sat. in the River Roost Lounge. He's a hoot and a total Disney treasure. We try to catch at least one of his shows every trip.