Yummiest & Prettiest Food Pictures

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Yummiest & Prettiest Food Pictures

Post by Amy » Feb Mon 09, 2015 9:14 pm

Polynesian Princess wrote:The first time I heard about chocolate croissants was at WDW and I was very skeptical. On the last night of our trip a few years back, we wanted to get a snack before heading out of the MK. I had planned to get a dole whip, but they closed 10-15 minutes before park closing. I was so disappointed, but we went to the Main Street Bakery (I miss it :( ). I didn't see anything else I wanted and decided to take the plunge on the chocolate croissant. What a wonderful discovery out of something sad. Now I have to get one every trip and make them at home from time to time to get my fix. :lol:
You know how to make them at home?! Awesome!

Polynesian Princess
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Post by Polynesian Princess » Feb Mon 09, 2015 10:15 pm

http://www.finecooking.com/recipes/clas ... sants.aspx

They're a lot of work, but they are a really nice treat.
Can't wait to take my twin boys on their first trip to Walt Disney World! Planning on heading there sometime Feb-May 2014!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Tue 10, 2015 8:45 am

Polynesian Princess wrote:http://www.finecooking.com/recipes/clas ... sants.aspx

They're a lot of work, but they are a really nice treat.
Wow ~ those look really tasty! A little beyond my patience level sadly :( maybe someday...in the meantime I'll enjoy the ones from WDW :D

grimmghosts96
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by grimmghosts96 » Feb Sun 22, 2015 7:19 pm

simple dish but the Fish n Chips @ Harbor House in Liberty Square are pretty good. Love eating the Fish n Chips in the UK Pavilion too

grimmghosts96

Post by grimmghosts96 » Mar Mon 09, 2015 12:26 pm

Cinderella Cupcakes from ABC Commissary in Hollywood Studios

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Mon 09, 2015 1:41 pm

Oh, those are cute. At first glance, and before I saw your caption, I thought it was a single bunny ear on each cupcake ~ especially the one on the right with that little pink on top ~ and I was wondering whether you bit off the rest of the bunny head before taking the photo :shock: :lol:
Are they special for the upcoming release of Cinderella?

grimmghosts96

Post by grimmghosts96 » Mar Tue 10, 2015 9:03 am

yeah....Hollywood Studios has them for the upcoming Cinderella film

Polynesian Princess

Post by Polynesian Princess » Mar Wed 11, 2015 12:57 am

They look yummy! What flavor are they?
Can't wait to take my twin boys on their first trip to Walt Disney World! Planning on heading there sometime Feb-May 2014!

grimmghosts96

Post by grimmghosts96 » Mar Wed 11, 2015 8:35 am

it was a really moist yellow cake and the blue icing was a vanilla icing. They were great

grimmghosts96

Post by grimmghosts96 » Mar Fri 13, 2015 8:15 am

The Master's Cupcake - Chocolate Sponge Cake topped with Lumiere's special "Grey Stuff" (from Be Our Guest restaurant)

Polynesian Princess

Post by Polynesian Princess » Mar Fri 13, 2015 11:36 am

I really enjoyed that last trip. It's a shame that it's so hard to get in there, because I'd love another one.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Fri 13, 2015 1:36 pm

Polynesian Princess wrote:I really enjoyed that last trip. It's a shame that it's so hard to get in there, because I'd love another one.
Is that the only place you can find those? I think people have mentioned it is a bit of a cookies and cream flavor ~ is that right?

Polynesian Princess

Post by Polynesian Princess » Mar Sun 15, 2015 3:14 am

The actual "gray stuff" isn't available outside of BOG, but I'm not sure if there's something else similar elsewhere on property. Maybe in one of the cupcake type shops or French bakery?

I tried each part separately and I'm pretty sure it's just a vanilla mousse tinted gray with a chocolate cupcake. I think the "cookies and cream" feel comes from the combo of the two and isn't actually part of the mousse as many copycat recipes suggest. I have to roll my eyes at the ones that say it's just oreos mixed into cool whip. They might enjoy making that at home and it reminds them of the gray stuff, but these are professional chefs. I'm sure they're using an actual French mousse recipe (whether cookies and cream or just vanilla) and not a shortcut like that.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Sun 15, 2015 7:49 am

Polynesian Princess wrote:The actual "gray stuff" isn't available outside of BOG, but I'm not sure if there's something else similar elsewhere on property. Maybe in one of the cupcake type shops or French bakery?

I tried each part separately and I'm pretty sure it's just a vanilla mousse tinted gray with a chocolate cupcake. I think the "cookies and cream" feel comes from the combo of the two and isn't actually part of the mousse as many copycat recipes suggest. I have to roll my eyes at the ones that say it's just oreos mixed into cool whip. They might enjoy making that at home and it reminds them of the gray stuff, but these are professional chefs. I'm sure they're using an actual French mousse recipe (whether cookies and cream or just vanilla) and not a shortcut like that.
Ah, thanks. I am more interested if it is more of a vanilla mousse ~ not a big fan of cookies and cream flavor. For the prices they charge, let's hope it is something fancy ;) :lol:

Polynesian Princess

Post by Polynesian Princess » Mar Sun 15, 2015 9:00 am

Amy wrote:
Polynesian Princess wrote:The actual "gray stuff" isn't available outside of BOG, but I'm not sure if there's something else similar elsewhere on property. Maybe in one of the cupcake type shops or French bakery?

Ah, thanks. I am more interested if it is more of a vanilla mousse ~ not a big fan of cookies and cream flavor. For the prices they charge, let's hope it is something fancy ;) :lol:
Yeah, I have a little more faith in Disney than that. :lol: