An old Find while cleaning

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

jderoche5
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

An old Find while cleaning

Post by jderoche5 » Jan Tue 21, 2014 10:25 pm

Check out this old Pamphlet I came across while cleaning this weekend.

From 1976….. I was 2, (My parents saved EVERYTHING)!

I wish the prices were still this!

Jessica
Always remember that it was started by a mouse…...

http://instagram.com/jderoche5

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: An old Find while cleaning

Post by Amy » Jan Tue 21, 2014 10:26 pm

Wow! Although those prices seem cheap by today's standards, those were pretty high back then I would think!

jderoche5

Post by jderoche5 » Jan Tue 21, 2014 10:29 pm

Yeah they were pretty steep. We used to drive down from RI eating PB&J the entire way to save $$. We usually stayed in the wings at the Contemporary because they were cheaper. My parents didn't have much $$ but would always make a Disney trip happen.

Hence my serious addiction.
Jessica

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Jan Tue 21, 2014 10:30 pm

What a cool find!!!! :D

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Tue 21, 2014 10:35 pm

jderoche5 wrote:Yeah they were pretty steep. We used to drive down from RI eating PB&J the entire way to save $$. We usually stayed in the wings at the Contemporary because they were cheaper. My parents didn't have much $$ but would always make a Disney trip happen.

Hence my serious addiction.
Ran the figures through an inflation calculator and the $311 from 1976 woud translate into roughly $1280 now, so actually the prices weren't too bad as I don't think you could touch what that package offers for that price today!
We ate in the car too, and I don't think we ever stayed on property. Of course when we first went there was only the MK, so I would guess we only went for one day on our way to my grandparents' house. And the only other time we went was without my brothers and EPCOT was open. I don't think we would have stayed on property then either. Probably the same pitstop on the way to Grandma and Grandpa's house, although we would have stayed one night in order to go to each park for a day. I think...

jderoche5

Post by jderoche5 » Jan Tue 21, 2014 11:49 pm

When Discovery Island and River Country opened, we would go there a lot. We spent 2 days at the park and got good use of the pool. We were always on the boats too. This was I early 80's pre Epcot. As a kid it always felt like a week , but was always 4-5 days mostly likely. We still have a receipt from one of our stays. I should take a look at it.
Jessica

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Jan Fri 24, 2014 4:51 pm

That's so cool! I love coming across old maps etc...from Disney!!! :D

cousininmiami
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Post by cousininmiami » Jan Fri 24, 2014 5:05 pm

I love it!!! Great find! You should pop it in a frame and hang it up!
°o° "...it's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day" °o°

jderoche5

Post by jderoche5 » Jan Fri 24, 2014 8:28 pm

It's actually a pamphlet with a bit more in it. Good thing is I came across two!
Jessica

Goofyfan
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by Goofyfan » Feb Sat 01, 2014 5:21 pm

Always love seeing the old stuff.... :goofy:

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Feb Wed 05, 2014 5:37 pm

I may not have been alive for most of that stuff considering I'm a late 80s kid but I do love seeing vintage Disney stuff.

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » Feb Sun 09, 2014 11:49 am

It's interesting that the base package is 6 days and one 16-attraction ticket book. You could use your four options to get four more 5-attraction books, but I am sure Disney was banking on people having to buy more no matter what.

And I never heard of Papeete Bay Verdanah. I assume that was at Poly somewhere?
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.

Goofyfan

Post by Goofyfan » Feb Sat 22, 2014 8:34 am

elizabethswann wrote:I may not have been alive for most of that stuff considering I'm a late 80s kid but I do love seeing vintage Disney stuff.

Heck! I remember my first Disney trip. It was back in 1978. Our High School Band played two parades with two other high schools during our April spring break. The other two bands were from Georgia and Florida. I remember them kidding us about our wool uniforms and how hot they must be. We told them they sure came in handy in N.H. playing at the football games in late Sept. and Oct. We had such a fun time. We stayed at a Day's Inn in Orlando. I guess Disney resorts were not plentifull back then. We were all given a few books each of A-E tickets. Epcot wasn't even built yet. We had such a Great time. Ahhhh the memories. :mickey: :goofy:

UncleScrooge477

Post by UncleScrooge477 » May Sun 11, 2014 4:22 pm

I, too, like the older material they used. I've been eyeballing some of the old Fort Wilderness stuff, as we find that we now camp there more than any other visit (unless it is a conference - I got lucky TWICE in 2013). But the flyer brings back memories. We actually visited the Disney Info center the summer BEFORE the park opened (Now the amateur athletic union bldg, or whatever it has become). I remember looking at the scale model they had. We did actually visit, a couple of years later, but we stayed at the Dutch Inn (there used to be one out on Long Island, too, if I remember - and I actually did some consulting with my major professor from Virginia Tech at the one in Martinsville, VA).

Man, I feel old. Does it help that I remember River Country?? Or discovery Island???
UncleScrooge477

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » May Sun 11, 2014 8:59 pm

UncleScrooge477 wrote:I, too, like the older material they used. I've been eyeballing some of the old Fort Wilderness stuff, as we find that we now camp there more than any other visit (unless it is a conference - I got lucky TWICE in 2013). But the flyer brings back memories. We actually visited the Disney Info center the summer BEFORE the park opened (Now the amateur athletic union bldg, or whatever it has become). I remember looking at the scale model they had. We did actually visit, a couple of years later, but we stayed at the Dutch Inn (there used to be one out on Long Island, too, if I remember - and I actually did some consulting with my major professor from Virginia Tech at the one in Martinsville, VA).

Man, I feel old. Does it help that I remember River Country?? Or discovery Island???
We went to Discovery Island a few times ~ we had never been, but I believe it was included with the AP, so we went then and loved it!