An old Find while cleaning

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

jderoche5
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Re: An old Find while cleaning

Post by jderoche5 » May Wed 28, 2014 9:18 am

I miss River Country something fierce. We would go every trip and spend the entire day there. We loved that place.

I have some great pictures at Discovery Island when I was a kid. I can understand why they closed that area, but it surprises me nothing more has been done to update it.
Jessica
Always remember that it was started by a mouse…...

http://instagram.com/jderoche5

Goofyfan
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by Goofyfan » Jun Fri 13, 2014 5:25 pm

Never made it there a kid. :goofy:

UncleScrooge477

Post by UncleScrooge477 » Jun Tue 24, 2014 11:15 am

I'm always disappointed we never made it to the old boardwalk trail, off the southern/eastern end of the campground. It was the same boardwalk that was near River Country, but at the "other" end of the beach. The wife and I tried to bushwhack it a couple of years back - barely got into the jungle. We could see some of the boards and posts, but not enough left to walk on. And it was hot. And buggy. And I kept waiting for giant snakes or alligators or snake-a-gators to jump out.

Even still, some of my best memories are around disney and the campground and such. Even picking up a brochure at the old visitor center in Ocala (remember that? Alongside I-75?) and reading it in the car was great fun - planning another trip, etc. My folks are in crystal river, and the Ocala center was a great stop - nice bathrooms, good stuff for sale (and a sale rack, too!). Once the closed I scrambled to get an Ocala Visitor center pin, but it made it into my collection. Yippee.

We are now working on a round the world trip for 2016 or 2017 - hitting all parks around the globe - so the magic continues! And whenever time remains, we hook up the camper, drive down the interstate, go past the Amateur Athletic union, past the new Kennel and on up into the Ft. Wilderness campground - at least it seems like the same from our first visit there!
UncleScrooge477