In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

Chuckus95
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Re: Cruise Line Policy Changes

Post by Chuckus95 » Sep Tue 03, 2013 9:10 am

Amy wrote: Wow ~ you must use your Disney Visa for everything :shock: :lol:
We use our Disney Premier Visa for pretty much everything but our mortgage. We pay it off weekly and never carry a balance. We had about $1,300 in reward dollars for our son's first birthday trip back in June, and should have about the same for our Wine and Dine Half Marathon trip in November. It is a great way to earn some extra bucks for Disney trips but you have to be disciplined and pay it off or the interest will negate any advantages.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Tue 03, 2013 12:13 pm

Chuckus95 wrote:
Amy wrote: Wow ~ you must use your Disney Visa for everything :shock: :lol:
We use our Disney Premier Visa for pretty much everything but our mortgage. We pay it off weekly and never carry a balance. We had about $1,300 in reward dollars for our son's first birthday trip back in June, and should have about the same for our Wine and Dine Half Marathon trip in November. It is a great way to earn some extra bucks for Disney trips but you have to be disciplined and pay it off or the interest will negate any advantages.
I do the same with my Discover card. I like having cash back that I can use anywhere. We don't go to Disney enough to use our Disney Visa very often, but we do use it for discounts on tours and at the park stores. You are correct about paying the balance in full. I don't know a lot of people that do that though...although I am seeing quite a few of us on the board do just that...hooray for responsible credit users on Subsonic! :lol:

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Post by theBIGyowski » Sep Thu 05, 2013 10:50 am

I'm using my Disney Visa for work-related travel...so hoping to rack up the rewards dollars. As long as my company cuts me a check on time I won't carry a balance. :)

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)