A Million Moments

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

A Million Moments

Post by horizons1 » Aug Sat 10, 2013 12:08 pm

I was walking around the Y&BC and BoardWalk hotels the other day and saw a dad and his little 2-ish year old boy walking. The boy had one of those little basketballs you win at the ring toss. Anyway, the boy dropped the ball and it went rolling across the pathway and the dad and the boy went running after it. Cute.

This small moment for them is probably one of hundreds that they will have on their Disney vacation. It made me think of a theme for next year for an overall park pomotion. 2014: The year of A Million Moments. Yes, it is similar to the memories ideas, but hear me out. Guests would be able to share their moments which could be used in future promotional material. You could even have visitors tweet moments as they happen. There are so many ways to tie this into commercials and marketing. And without prizes or other giveaways, it's an inexpensive theme for Disney.
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Re: A Million Moments

Post by Wizzard419 » Aug Sat 10, 2013 1:05 pm

I think they already did that as part of a previous campaign, they also did something similar to that for the 50th for DLR.

GeoffS
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by GeoffS » Aug Sat 10, 2013 4:06 pm

Vine videos and Touts are the new thing. I'm sure they could work that into the marketing of your idea, Horizon.

Cardinals314
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by Cardinals314 » Aug Sun 11, 2013 8:59 pm

That's an interesting park promotion. I like the idea of guests helping out with advertising. The rumored park promotion for next year is "Find (or Share/Show) Your Disney Side." I have no idea what that would entail. Let's just wait and see
My WDW Trip Report March 2013

"I don't want to be a product of my environment. I want my environment to be a product of me"

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Aug Sun 11, 2013 9:32 pm

I like your thinking horizons, but to me it seems like they have done something like this already. I do recall in recent years the commercials featuring family videos where they tell the kids they are going to WDW.

As for my family, we definitely have some awesome videos that could work for an ad campaign.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Mon 12, 2013 7:36 am

Yeah, I'm pretty sure this has been done before, but there is always a way to add a twist and make it a brand new promotion. I definitely see more digital integration happening with everyone having the cell phone camera out and at the ready these days!

Polynesian Princess
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Post by Polynesian Princess » Aug Mon 12, 2013 11:02 am

I wonder if the new theme will be centered around the new arm bands. I don't have a catchy title, but something about customizing your experience.
Can't wait to take my twin boys on their first trip to Walt Disney World! Planning on heading there sometime Feb-May 2014!

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Aug Tue 13, 2013 10:47 am

Polynesian Princess wrote:I wonder if the new theme will be centered around the new arm bands. I don't have a catchy title, but something about customizing your experience.
It might. I do think we might see something a bit bigger given that come Spring the new Fantasyland will be complete. However, given the recent track record with Disney I won't set my expectations high.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Aug Tue 13, 2013 2:32 pm

I am sure they would love to link the new system to social media but it is an incredibly bad idea since you would be broadcasting to the world "I'm not home right now" as well as where you are located.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Wed 14, 2013 8:19 am

Wizzard419 wrote:I am sure they would love to link the new system to social media but it is an incredibly bad idea since you would be broadcasting to the world "I'm not home right now" as well as where you are located.
Given the amount of vacation photos and "I'm here right now" posts people share on social media, I'm not sure a lot of people have this thought even cross their mind.

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Aug Wed 14, 2013 11:52 am

Amy wrote:
Wizzard419 wrote:I am sure they would love to link the new system to social media but it is an incredibly bad idea since you would be broadcasting to the world "I'm not home right now" as well as where you are located.
Given the amount of vacation photos and "I'm here right now" posts people share on social media, I'm not sure a lot of people have this thought even cross their mind.
You're right. It's usually focused on political mumbo-jumbo, recipes, and outrage over completely made up claims about Facebook charging, tracking, or stealing stuff from people.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Aug Wed 14, 2013 2:14 pm

Yep, which is why it is so easy to commit crimes using social media since people literally broadcast their vulnerabilities to strangers. The best one is the twitter taxi reservation, you literally tell everyone "ok, I am not going to be home and I am going to have all members of my house with me leaving at this time".

yodiwan1
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate

Post by yodiwan1 » Aug Wed 14, 2013 2:34 pm

With Food being such a huge part of WDW, they should go for a Food themed celebration. Year of a Million Bites!
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » Aug Wed 14, 2013 7:33 pm

I know they have done a lot on memories, but my thinking was many individual moments get lost and aren't things you necessarily remember. But they combine to make the trip special nonetheless.
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.

Goofyfan
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by Goofyfan » Jan Wed 01, 2014 7:03 pm

I am sold..... :D ... I want to go now.... :D :goofy: