New Disney Park Soundtracks

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: New Disney Park Soundtracks

Post by Amy » Sep Mon 02, 2013 8:13 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:Because they do super limited pressings for the audio discs, they have been sold out at DLR so WDW may also only have a small number left.
They don't normally do a limited release of the Official Park Albums though do they?

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Sep Mon 02, 2013 8:20 pm

If by limited release you mean limited edition, then correct. Otherwise, they do a limited release since the items only appear in a few stores in the US parks (not counting the digital version as well as 3rd party sellers).

The current one is still open edition, but due to the steep drop in physical media sales (regardless of content) and the niche market for the actual cds, they have started pushing out really small quantities. The DLR version sold out in two days, which sounds impressive until you realize they probably had less than a thousand copies produced in the first place and the combined shelf-space given to the CD was less than two cubic feet. When you visit DLR later this year, aside from getting a jungle cruise map, check out the music shop on main street. You will notice how little music is for sale.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Mon 02, 2013 8:24 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:If by limited release you mean limited edition, then correct. Otherwise, they do a limited release since the items only appear in a few stores in the US parks (not counting the digital version as well as 3rd party sellers).

The current one is still open edition, but due to the steep drop in physical media sales (regardless of content) and the niche market for the actual cds, they have started pushing out really small quantities. The DLR version sold out in two days, which sounds impressive until you realize they probably had less than a thousand copies produced in the first place and the combined shelf-space given to the CD was less than two cubic feet. When you visit DLR later this year, aside from getting a jungle cruise map, check out the music shop on main street. You will notice how little music is for sale.
Where do we find a Jungle Cruise map? That sounds fun! Oh, I know, physical CDs are going the way of the dinosaur :(

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Sep Mon 02, 2013 8:26 pm

Just ask when getting off your boat, if they have them in stock they will be able to give you one.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Mon 02, 2013 8:42 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:Just ask when getting off your boat, if they have them in stock they will be able to give you one.
Fun ~ thanks!

Goofyfan
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by Goofyfan » Sep Wed 04, 2013 4:24 am

The Disney music store on line seems to have both CD's for sale. :goofy:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Wed 04, 2013 7:25 am

Goofyfan wrote:The Disney music store on line seems to have both CD's for sale. :goofy:
Thanks ~ found them. There just doesn't seem to be anything new on them, or not worth buying them anyhow. What the heck is Hot Potato by Don Rickles anyhow? I'm guessing something from Mr. Potato Head?

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Sep Wed 04, 2013 2:32 pm

Disney Music store is digital only, so you might want to check iTunes and amazon to see if their prices are the same before buying.

The animatronic figure they have at Toy Story Midway Mania performs the song as part of the routine.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Wed 04, 2013 7:12 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:Disney Music store is digital only, so you might want to check iTunes and amazon to see if their prices are the same before buying.

The animatronic figure they have at Toy Story Midway Mania performs the song as part of the routine.
Yeah, I doubt I will be getting either of the new official albums. If I do, I will find the CDs online somewhere as you can generally find them a little cheaper than at the parks. I'm still old school for the moment, I want the physical discs :D

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Sep Wed 04, 2013 7:43 pm

Oh, then you might be hard pressed to find them cheaper than the parks because any other place that is selling them is through a third party who had to full price (or slightly less if they had a discount) in the first place.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Wed 04, 2013 8:07 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:Oh, then you might be hard pressed to find them cheaper than the parks because any other place that is selling them is through a third party who had to full price (or slightly less if they had a discount) in the first place.
They used to be on Amazon for a slightly discounted price. I have checked for these and they aren't available (yet) on there though ~ I wonder if that is due to a smaller release that you had mentioned?

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Sep Wed 04, 2013 8:31 pm

That is pretty much it. If you look at the last several releases (Cars Land, Carthay Circle, etc.) they are selling for 2-3x the retail price because they are only sold in the parks/DTD and through the merch service. With the second Carthay album they didn't opt for physical media, so digital only.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Wed 04, 2013 8:38 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:That is pretty much it. If you look at the last several releases (Cars Land, Carthay Circle, etc.) they are selling for 2-3x the retail price because they are only sold in the parks/DTD and through the merch service. With the second Carthay album they didn't opt for physical media, so digital only.
Hmmm, guess I'm a bit out of the loop on the latest releases. I guess having the option to listen online has made me a bit lax in the latest and greatest :roll:

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Sep Wed 04, 2013 8:46 pm

They release them without fanfare beyond a possible socom post, and that weird music guy from Disney who goes onto sites to pimp the albums (unauthorized I might add) so being unaware of their presence is not that hard.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Wed 04, 2013 8:55 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:They release them without fanfare beyond a possible socom post, and that weird music guy from Disney who goes onto sites to pimp the albums (unauthorized I might add) so being unaware of their presence is not that hard.
Thanks ~ that makes me feel better!
P.S. Are you feeling ok this evening Wizz?! :?
;)
:lol: