New Soarin Film Rumored

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: New Soarin Film Rumored

Post by Amy » Jul Sat 13, 2013 7:09 am

Wizzard419 wrote:It isn't that it isn't popular (though when you go it will probably be mostly empty) but that during the slow times it has a short wait. The only possible attribute I can think of is that during the slow times there are more locals that tourists, while WDW is always more tourists.
Ahh, either way, we should be good then ~ thanks! :D

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Jul Mon 15, 2013 12:54 pm

While I love my state of Califorina, I would much rather see a new film in its place.

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Post by theBIGyowski » Jul Mon 15, 2013 4:32 pm

I think TSM is similar...in that the lines aren't generally that long at times...whereas the only time the wait is less than an hour at DHS is if you get there at rope drop...and you are one of the first people to get in line.

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

acp
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Location: Formerly Disney-MGM Studios, now Cheshire, England.

Post by acp » Jul Mon 15, 2013 4:51 pm

theBIGyowski wrote:I think TSM is similar...in that the lines aren't generally that long at times...whereas the only time the wait is less than an hour at DHS is if you get there at rope drop...and you are one of the first people to get in line.
Pfft. Only an hour? You should see how TSM is in Tokyo DisneySea - it makes the DHS queues look tiny. This picture was taken just 25 minutes after the park opened. By the time I got to the FP machine about 5 minutes after that photo, the FP time had gone up another hour and thirty-five minutes (my FP was 16:40, it was going up in increments of 5 minutes at a time - very quickly). Shortly after, all FPs were gone. And I don't recall ever seeing the standby line less than 100 minutes in all the time I was there.

And that was on a quiet day.

Oh, and Woody will eat you. Nom.
Subsonic Radio Admin and former Walt Disney World Cast Member

Subsonic Radio Player for Windows (Latest version: 1.8.5 - More info)

Disneyland Paris: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2010, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
Walt Disney World: 2006, 2010, 2011, 2015, 2019
Tokyo Disney Resort: 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018
Hong Kong Disneyland: 2016, 2017
Shanghai Disneyland: 2018

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Jul Mon 15, 2013 4:55 pm

acp wrote:
theBIGyowski wrote:I think TSM is similar...in that the lines aren't generally that long at times...whereas the only time the wait is less than an hour at DHS is if you get there at rope drop...and you are one of the first people to get in line.
Pfft. Only an hour? You should see how TSM is in Tokyo DisneySea - it makes the DHS queues look tiny. This picture was taken just 25 minutes after the park opened. By the time I got to the FP machine about 5 minutes after that photo, the FP time had gone up another hour and thirty-five minutes (my FP was 16:40, it was going up in increments of 5 minutes at a time - very quickly). Shortly after, all FPs were gone. And I don't recall ever seeing the standby line less than 100 minutes in all the time I was there.

That is CRAZY. The time, not being Woody's snack. I think TSM is a really fun thing to do. Really, I do. But I have an exceptionally difficult time justifying that kind of park time lost for 2 minutes of arcade games that are identical to the Wii game. If you're one who doesn't mind the wait, more power to ya. Not me. :)
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Jul Mon 15, 2013 4:57 pm

Well not identical, since the graphics of a wii are weaker and I think some of the voice talent did not want to do the game/Disney didn't want to pay for them. :D

TSM is one of those rides that I think just has a terrible flow rate for people, even on a super slow day in the middle of January at DCA, you can still expect a 30-45 min wait.

acp
Location: Formerly Disney-MGM Studios, now Cheshire, England.

Post by acp » Jul Mon 15, 2013 5:02 pm

cy1229 wrote:
acp wrote:

That is CRAZY. The time, not being Woody's snack. I think TSM is a really fun thing to do. Really, I do. But I have an exceptionally difficult time justifying that kind of park time lost for 2 minutes of arcade games that are identical to the Wii game. If you're one who doesn't mind the wait, more power to ya. Not me. :)
Meh, I've got the Wii game. It's nowhere near as fun as the actual attraction. If you take the time to get yourself a fastpass, it's not bad. I did have to queue for 30 minutes at Tokyo DisneySea to get the fastpass, but when I turned up for the ride, I only waited 5 minutes. Tokyo has attraction operations down to a fine art - they're insanely efficient.

At Disney's Hollywood Studios, I usually just dive in the standby line at rope drop, or get a fastpass. I knew from my research that such tactics might not work the same at Tokyo DisneySea with how busy the parks get and how much the Japanese like queueing for things, but I wasn't quite prepared for just how crazy it was. (Seriously, people stake out spots for the parade in Tokyo Disneyland over FOUR HOURS before it starts). Having said that, I did manage to make it work with not having to queue much, but still get on everything (through a mixture of tactical fastpassing and cunning timing*) :D

* OK, I may have made that sound more exciting than it actually was :lol:
Subsonic Radio Admin and former Walt Disney World Cast Member

Subsonic Radio Player for Windows (Latest version: 1.8.5 - More info)

Disneyland Paris: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2010, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
Walt Disney World: 2006, 2010, 2011, 2015, 2019
Tokyo Disney Resort: 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018
Hong Kong Disneyland: 2016, 2017
Shanghai Disneyland: 2018

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Jul Mon 15, 2013 5:18 pm

And at DCA the ride, depending on the day, may not open with the rest of the park, and has no fast-passes (at one point they tried single riders) so outside of the handicapped you will be waiting for a while.

GeoffS
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by GeoffS » Jul Tue 16, 2013 6:46 pm

Back on the original topic, the only reason I would care for a new film is to get it into a higher definition format (maybe the new HD4K format). I strain my eyes every time to figure out the hull number on the cruiser in the San Diego scene, but it's way too blurry.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Jul Tue 16, 2013 6:58 pm

Are you talking about the USS John C. Stennis (CVN-74)? Odds are every single ship it noted somewhere on fansites since they dissect everything.

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Jul Wed 17, 2013 12:54 am

GeoffS wrote:Back on the original topic, the only reason I would care for a new film is to get it into a higher definition format (maybe the new HD4K format). I strain my eyes every time to figure out the hull number on the cruiser in the San Diego scene, but it's way too blurry.
The call is for better projection system. No clue if it will be the HD4K but they are saying a full digital HD system. Right now digital would be great as they do still use 48 fps HD film projectors. Thus all the dust spots you will see.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

GeoffS

Post by GeoffS » Jul Fri 19, 2013 7:13 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:Are you talking about the USS John C. Stennis (CVN-74)? Odds are every single ship it noted somewhere on fansites since they dissect everything.
No, that's the carrier. I'm talking about the Ticonderoga-class cruiser that is steaming in the channel. I've searched everywhere on the web, but no one has any information.

theBIGyowski

Post by theBIGyowski » Jul Fri 19, 2013 8:58 pm

If you scroll down here you can find the hull numbers of all of the ships in the fleet in San Diego.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naval_Base_San_Diego

I tried looking for the hull number as well...but it's just too blurry like you said.

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Jul Wed 31, 2013 11:50 am

theBIGyowski wrote:If you scroll down here you can find the hull numbers of all of the ships in the fleet in San Diego.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naval_Base_San_Diego

I tried looking for the hull number as well...but it's just too blurry like you said.
GeoffS wrote:
Wizzard419 wrote:Are you talking about the USS John C. Stennis (CVN-74)? Odds are every single ship it noted somewhere on fansites since they dissect everything.

No, that's the carrier. I'm talking about the Ticonderoga-class cruiser that is steaming in the channel. I've searched everywhere on the web, but no one has any information.
Whoa. Nerd alert. :)
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

goofybrown9
Fire Engine Driver
Fire Engine Driver