"Rapid Fill" Mugs coming to WDW Resorts

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: "Rapid Fill" Mugs coming to WDW Resorts

Post by Amy » Jul Fri 26, 2013 8:20 pm

boilerbabe wrote:Makes sense, they want to sell more mugs!

Don't they eliminate the sharing issue with the dining plan by making everyone in the party have the dining plan? Maybe I'm wrong, we haven't done the dining plan since our honeymoon in '06.
Wizzard419 wrote:I'm not sure if they automatically force you to have the dining plan for every member in your party or if you can select (usually the option is buried in menus) to have only select members of the party have the plan.
If you have a package and have the dining plan, everyone on the package has to have to dining plan. I wanted to just get the dining plan for F1gment as she is the one who definitely needs 3 meals and a snack or two every day. I can get by on much less, especially when I am on the go ~ so many things to see and do! :D I would guess it is the same if you are buying the dining plan outright...otherwise it would be very easy to cut down on food costs. The portions are huge!

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Jul Fri 26, 2013 9:05 pm

No doubt Amy! If you could choose to only have one member on the dining plan, I would just snack off of bdude's plate! :D

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Jul Fri 26, 2013 9:08 pm

I wonder if you could get a partial one (only one member) if you called? It might take a bit of weird booking, but it might be one of those things where if you press on them hard enough they would be able to accommodate. Though your checks would also be kind of weird since it would need to be divided.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Fri 26, 2013 9:14 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:I wonder if you could get a partial one (only one member) if you called? It might take a bit of weird booking, but it might be one of those things where if you press on them hard enough they would be able to accommodate. Though your checks would also be kind of weird since it would need to be divided.
I don't think it is even an option if you begged and pleaded. Although there is always the exception to the rule...

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Jul Fri 26, 2013 9:22 pm

Depending on how you two travel, it might be possible. For example, if only one of you goes to the early and late EMH/don't care about it, it might be in your best interests to book the room as a double, one park ticket tied to the room, dining plan, etc. and the other purchase a park hopper ticket (or whatever you use) so that you can get in the parks.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Sat 27, 2013 7:11 am

Wizzard419 wrote:Depending on how you two travel, it might be possible. For example, if only one of you goes to the early and late EMH/don't care about it, it might be in your best interests to book the room as a double, one park ticket tied to the room, dining plan, etc. and the other purchase a park hopper ticket (or whatever you use) so that you can get in the parks.
I don't even know that you could do that unless you booked two separate rooms under two different names. I think if you are on the same package, even if you had different tickets, you couldn't have one on the dining plan and one off. It would be interesting to know the answer for sure though. Maybe our resident Disney travel expert will care to weigh in...

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Jul Sat 27, 2013 10:57 am

Hmmm, another option (which could get you in trouble depending on if the room costs more if two occupy the room rather than one) would be to book a solo vacation, and then just stay in the room as well and buy a ticket at the parks. If you have a phone that clones RFID tags, you could also clone the room key so that you wouldn't need to take your mom's pass if you wanted to head back to the room without her.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Sat 27, 2013 11:21 am

Wizzard419 wrote:Hmmm, another option (which could get you in trouble depending on if the room costs more if two occupy the room rather than one) would be to book a solo vacation, and then just stay in the room as well and buy a ticket at the parks. If you have a phone that clones RFID tags, you could also clone the room key so that you wouldn't need to take your mom's pass if you wanted to head back to the room without her.
Wouldn't you think security would pick up on the fact that there were two people in a room instead of one?

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Jul Sat 27, 2013 12:12 pm

They aren't that attentive, the system may not even be that smart, and if a room costs exactly the same for one person vs two (some hotels are like this, some aren't) then they won't care.

Goofyfan
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by Goofyfan » Jul Sun 28, 2013 4:25 pm

With the mugs, Our package deal always included the mugs. Is this changing? No bid deal i guess. We only use the mugs once or twice a day. We spend all our time at the parks. Not at the resorts drinking Soda. And like someone mentioned earlier, the syrup for the soda is just pennies. And you know that Disney is getting one heck of deal from Coke. :goofy:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Sun 28, 2013 4:59 pm

Goofyfan wrote:With the mugs, Our package deal always included the mugs. Is this changing? No bid deal i guess. We only use the mugs once or twice a day. We spend all our time at the parks. Not at the resorts drinking Soda. And like someone mentioned earlier, the syrup for the soda is just pennies. And you know that Disney is getting one heck of deal from Coke. :goofy:
It looks like the dining plan will still include the mugs, that shouldn't be changing.

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Post by theBIGyowski » Jul Tue 30, 2013 8:35 am

Yeah...it seems like one way to get around it would be to book a package for one person...then just buy a separate park ticket for the other person staying in the room. You'd only get one room key...but it would save you a lot on not having to pay for another dining plan.

Way back when (2001) I went with a group of 5 people and we all crammed into a room at Coronado Springs. Two of us bought our park tickets separate...so we told them we had 3 people in the room when we booked and checked in. This helped us avoid the extra $15-$25 per night per person over 2 people in the room. It didn't appear that the people there ever cared or picked up on us having 5 in the room. Besides...with 5 of us and 3 room keys...we didn't ever have to worry about someone not having access to a room key when needed.

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Jul Tue 30, 2013 2:19 pm

Plus, if magic bands are in use, if you have a phone with an NFC reader, you can use it as an extra room key.

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Jul Wed 31, 2013 12:13 pm

When my parents took my step-siblings to WDW a couple years ago, my stepbrother and his wife, still in dental school, had to arrive and leave on different days from the rest of the group. My mom and stepdad were using their DVC points, and then purchased dining plans and park tickets separately. They HAD to give Kevin and Jayme the same dining plan and number of days on it as everyone else. That meant Kevin and Jayme had two more meals on their plan than everyone else, so they used them at a couple of signature restaurants (they were newlyweds, after all :) ). My stepdad even asked about reducing the number of days etc. and was told that everyone listed on a reservation had to have the same plan, period.

Wiz it sometimes unnerves me to see all the ways you think up to get around stuff and bypass "rules." :lol:
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Jul Wed 31, 2013 1:35 pm