Character Meet and Greets

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

acp
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Location: Formerly Disney-MGM Studios, now Cheshire, England.

Re: Character Meet and Greets

Post by acp » Aug Sat 03, 2013 4:19 am

princessinwaiting wrote:And does anyone else find Aurora a bit distant when you meet her?:
She's probably still half asleep ;)
Subsonic Radio Admin and former Walt Disney World Cast Member

Subsonic Radio Player for Windows (Latest version: 1.8.5 - More info)

Disneyland Paris: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2010, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
Walt Disney World: 2006, 2010, 2011, 2015, 2019
Tokyo Disney Resort: 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018
Hong Kong Disneyland: 2016, 2017
Shanghai Disneyland: 2018

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Sat 03, 2013 10:36 pm

acp wrote:
princessinwaiting wrote:And does anyone else find Aurora a bit distant when you meet her?:
:lol: :lol:
I haven't actually met any of the princesses in quite some time. I remember being quite in awe of Snow White when I was 6 though ~ she was so pretty!

Belle1082
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Belle1082 » Nov Wed 13, 2013 12:52 pm

During our trip last week, we met Snow White, Rapunzel, Aurora and Cinderella. I think Snow White was my favorite and just seemed the most authentic. The fast pass was great but the other line we waited and it took FOREVER and WAAAAY longer than the 15 minutes that was posted outside. Definitely worth getting fast passes for character meet and greets! :-)

Wyntuck
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by Wyntuck » May Sun 04, 2014 2:52 pm

AMY said:
"I haven't actually met any of the princesses in quite some time. I remember being quite in awe of Snow White when I was 6 though ~ she was so pretty."

That job is alot harder than it looks. Snow White as I recall, remembered the names of my sister's kids when we went back a year and a half later!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » May Sun 04, 2014 4:57 pm

Wyntuck wrote:
AMY said:
"I haven't actually met any of the princesses in quite some time. I remember being quite in awe of Snow White when I was 6 though ~ she was so pretty."

That job is alot harder than it looks. Snow White as I recall, remembered the names of my sister's kids when we went back a year and a half later!
That is why Disney will always be the best in my opinion!

Goofyfan
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by Goofyfan » May Wed 07, 2014 3:03 pm

Amy wrote:
Wyntuck wrote:
AMY said:

That is why Disney will always be the best in my opinion!

Bravo!!! Well said :D :goofy:

Chuckus95
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Post by Chuckus95 » May Tue 13, 2014 6:52 am

We took our son last year for his first birthday. We read a lot of Disney books to him at bedtime (and we let him watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse occasionally) so he is familiar with the characters. We went to Epcot the first day and got to meet Pluto. The look of amazement on our son's face was priceless. It is something I will never forget. The next day we went to MK, and did Fastpass+ for the Mickey Mouse meet and greet at Town Square. He was mesmerized again, especially when Mickey started talking. Another moment I will never forget. We leave in 11 days for his second birthday trip, and I can't wait to see his reactions this time.

Goofyfan

Post by Goofyfan » May Sat 17, 2014 3:25 pm

Chuckus95 wrote:We took our son last year for his first birthday. We read a lot of Disney books to him at bedtime (and we let him watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse occasionally) so he is familiar with the characters. We went to Epcot the first day and got to meet Pluto. The look of amazement on our son's face was priceless. It is something I will never forget. The next day we went to MK, and did Fastpass+ for the Mickey Mouse meet and greet at Town Square. He was mesmerized again, especially when Mickey started talking. Another moment I will never forget. We leave in 11 days for his second birthday trip, and I can't wait to see his reactions this time.

I bet that you ALL must be excited!!!! Love to hear about the Disney anticipation!! :goofy:

princessinwaiting
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by princessinwaiting » May Sun 18, 2014 11:38 am

Chuckus95 wrote:We took our son last year for his first birthday. We read a lot of Disney books to him at bedtime (and we let him watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse occasionally) so he is familiar with the characters. We went to Epcot the first day and got to meet Pluto. The look of amazement on our son's face was priceless. It is something I will never forget. The next day we went to MK, and did Fastpass+ for the Mickey Mouse meet and greet at Town Square. He was mesmerized again, especially when Mickey started talking. Another moment I will never forget. We leave in 11 days for his second birthday trip, and I can't wait to see his reactions this time.
Oh, you must be so excited! Tell us all about the trip when you come back and which characters you managed to see!

Wyntuck

Post by Wyntuck » May Mon 19, 2014 6:52 am

If any of you missed a character, WDW has a Cast Member who will forward your letter to the requested character, and you'll receive an autograph (maybe even a signed photo) in the mail. He's been doing it for years. That's how I got my son an autograph of Captain Hook!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » May Mon 19, 2014 7:46 pm

Wyntuck wrote:If any of you missed a character, WDW has a Cast Member who will forward your letter to the requested character, and you'll receive an autograph (maybe even a signed photo) in the mail. He's been doing it for years. That's how I got my son an autograph of Captain Hook!
Wow ~ that's a great tip! I wouldn't mind have the Cap'n's autograph too! :D

princessinwaiting
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by princessinwaiting » May Tue 20, 2014 3:33 pm

Wyntuck wrote:If any of you missed a character, WDW has a Cast Member who will forward your letter to the requested character, and you'll receive an autograph (maybe even a signed photo) in the mail. He's been doing it for years. That's how I got my son an autograph of Captain Hook!
That is pretty cool! Although, obviously doesn't make up for meeting them in real life! I would have to consider it for those very hard to find characters though and it would make a lovely present!

Goofyfan

Post by Goofyfan » May Tue 27, 2014 3:42 pm

Amy wrote:
acp wrote:
:lol: :lol:
I haven't actually met any of the princesses in quite some time. I remember being quite in awe of Snow White when I was 6 though ~ she was so pretty!

Heck, when we brought our daughters to Disney for the first time and stood in line for autographs, I was in Awe of Esmarelda!! :oops: :goofy:

I am Sulley
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by I am Sulley » Sep Sat 02, 2017 3:33 pm

"Princess" tells us that at DLP due to excessive popularity causing lengthy queues Anna & Elsa meet and greets have been withdrawn for the time being :(
So at the moment she is hoping to be offered another Princess so she can do meet & greets. But with Christmas coming she hopes that Anna & Elsa will be out again.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Sun 03, 2017 12:06 am

I am Sulley wrote:"Princess" tells us that at DLP due to excessive popularity causing lengthy queues Anna & Elsa meet and greets have been withdrawn for the time being :(
So at the moment she is hoping to be offered another Princess so she can do meet & greets. But with Christmas coming she hopes that Anna & Elsa will be out again.
That doesn't really even make sense :? You would think they would be pleased people would want to stand in line for such a long time. Unless they don't have the area for a long queue? And if they had space, they really could double up on the Anna & Elsa's to fit more people through the queue in a more acceptable wait time.
Hoping your Princess is able to fulfill her dream at Christmastime! What is she doing in the meantime?