In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Character Meet and Greets

Post by Amy » Jul Wed 10, 2013 4:57 pm

princessinwaiting wrote:
elissa65 wrote:Our last trip, instead of autograph books, my daughters each had a pillowcase for the characters to sign. Folded it up about the size of an autograph book with a piece of cardboard inside to keep ink from bleeding through and to give it support. After each autograph, we would refold it for the next character. They turned out really cute!
I took a tote bag for characters to sign for me :)
This is a super cool idea!!! I love it! I may have to steal your creativity and try something similar when I am next at Disney! I really like the bag idea, something to wear that's more original than a t-shirt :)
That is very creative. I like the tote bag idea as well! And the characters didn't have any problems signing something different than an autograph book?

elissa65
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by elissa65 » Jul Wed 10, 2013 6:28 pm

They didn't seem to mind at all.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Wed 10, 2013 7:46 pm

That came out really nice! Your daughter looks like she could be Ariel's twin! :D

elissa65
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by elissa65 » Jul Wed 10, 2013 7:55 pm

her hair is brown, but she did a temporary red rinse the day before our trip just for Ariel :ariel:
Belle is my other daughter's favorite

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Jul Wed 10, 2013 10:55 pm

Amy wrote:That came out really nice! Your daughter looks like she could be Ariel's twin! :D
All kidding aside, Ariel and the daughter really do look like twins. I do like that idea a lot. I just question that if you use the pillow case and wash it will the autographs fade out?
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Jul Thu 11, 2013 7:48 am

Len90 wrote:
Amy wrote:That came out really nice! Your daughter looks like she could be Ariel's twin! :D
All kidding aside, Ariel and the daughter really do look like twins. I do like that idea a lot. I just question that if you use the pillow case and wash it will the autographs fade out?
"Sharpie" brand permanent markers will fade a tad if the pillowcase is washed in bleach, but won't go away completely. And if it's washed in ordinary warm water and detergent it shouldn't fade at all. There are special fabric markers that you can get that don't fade, either, and are more vibrant colors in the fabric. My daughter's "autographed" T-shirt from her fifth grade exit program still has all signatures, as does the T-shirt I had my football players sign with a Sharpie when they won the sectional championship.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

elissa65
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by elissa65 » Jul Thu 11, 2013 8:49 am

We used permanent fabric markers from a craft store for the pillowcases. I have used sharpies on t-shirts and the only time I had the ink disappear when washed was with a silver sharpie on a black shirt.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Thu 11, 2013 9:17 am

If you are worried about fading, and you are really talented and have the equipment (or by hand if you are super patient), you could always use the appropriate color to embroider over the character's autograph!

elissa65
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by elissa65 » Jul Thu 11, 2013 12:18 pm

Amy wrote:If you are worried about fading, and you are really talented and have the equipment (or by hand if you are super patient), you could always use the appropriate color to embroider over the character's autograph!
Great Idea!

princessinwaiting
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by princessinwaiting » Jul Sun 28, 2013 5:17 pm

Oh my goodness I just learnt about the changes they have made to the princesses in the parks, the dress changes I am ok with but I think the hair and make-up is too far, they don't look so much like classical beauties any more, it even seems to have changed their personalities and deportment too, its a bit strange!!! Just google the changes, what does everyone else think??

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Jul Wed 31, 2013 12:05 pm

I googled it, and saw an article from April talking about changes, but they were minor as far as I could tell. Are you talking about something different?
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012

princessinwaiting
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by princessinwaiting » Aug Thu 01, 2013 2:33 pm

cy1229 wrote:I googled it, and saw an article from April talking about changes, but they were minor as far as I could tell. Are you talking about something different?
http://www.therotoscopers.com/2013/04/1 ... ney-parks/ This is the article I saw and in my eyes they look so different! Its really the hair that gets me, Cinderella has a side fringe!! But what I'm really saying is, if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Aug Thu 01, 2013 2:57 pm

princessinwaiting wrote:
cy1229 wrote:I googled it, and saw an article from April talking about changes, but they were minor as far as I could tell. Are you talking about something different?
http://www.therotoscopers.com/2013/04/1 ... ney-parks/ This is the article I saw and in my eyes they look so different! Its really the hair that gets me, Cinderella has a side fringe!! But what I'm really saying is, if it ain't broke, don't fix it!
The big difference to me, overall, is that Cinderella, Belle, and Aurora look more cute-sie, and far less regal.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Thu 01, 2013 3:32 pm

cy1229 wrote:
princessinwaiting wrote:
The big difference to me, overall, is that Cinderella, Belle, and Aurora look more cute-sie, and far less regal.
Hmmm, a little more cartoony too

princessinwaiting
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by princessinwaiting » Aug Sat 03, 2013 3:34 am

Yeh, cute-sie is a really good way to put it! I just hope they haven't changed the way the act to go with how they look, because Cinderella is so perfect when you meet her, if she went all cute on me I'd be devastated! And does anyone else find Aurora a bit distant when you meet her? If she started being too chummy I think I'd be disappointed!! :lol: