A site for pointing out Disney's bad show

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Re: A site for pointing out Disney's bad show

Post by Soarin08 » Aug Thu 01, 2013 7:56 pm

Wyntuck wrote: Today, that magic would be dashed by seeing a Fantasyland host/hostess pumping gas in their leiderhosen! (yeah, that's probably misspelled, whatever)
... we're normal people. :? I just take off my nametag when I do something in costume in public. It can't always be helped.

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Aug Mon 05, 2013 12:11 pm

Soarin08 wrote:
Wyntuck wrote: Today, that magic would be dashed by seeing a Fantasyland host/hostess pumping gas in their leiderhosen! (yeah, that's probably misspelled, whatever)
... we're normal people. :? I just take off my nametag when I do something in costume in public. It can't always be helped.
Just don't take off your lederhosen when you do something in public. :shock:
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Goofyfan
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by Goofyfan » Aug Tue 06, 2013 4:27 pm

Soarin08 wrote:People who don't work for Disney and assume they know things greatly amuse me. :roll:

There is no rules about wearing our costume offsite. Disney gets that we have to most of the time. They ask we simply remove our name tags when off property in costume. Which I do. But if I have to pump gas at the Hess and someone -GASP!!- sees me in my plaid sans nametag... GUESS WHAT?! They barely notice me!! Are you shocked? :roll:

My biggest pet peeve is guests talking like they know the company from an employee standpoint when they never have worked there. It drives me insane.

And Len, a CM interacting with his tattoo would not be in trouble, if anything if a guest shared the story at guest relations we would commend him/her for the interaction. As long as the GUEST is happy, THAT is the point. It's kind of like striking up conversations because of mutual hometowns/universities they see on our nametags. The guests LIKE to feel personal connections towards us on vacation. As long as we are not saying or doing something obscene or rude, THAT is the point of the interaction.

Bravo!!!! :D :goofy:

sfein
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Post by sfein » Aug Wed 07, 2013 7:13 am

Soarin08 wrote:And Len, a CM interacting with his tattoo would not be in trouble, if anything if a guest shared the story at guest relations we would commend him/her for the interaction. As long as the GUEST is happy, THAT is the point. It's kind of like striking up conversations because of mutual hometowns/universities they see on our nametags. The guests LIKE to feel personal connections towards us on vacation. As long as we are not saying or doing something obscene or rude, THAT is the point of the interaction.
Reminds me of a time I was in line to see Mr. Incredible. He saw this guy wearing a shirt with a college in Pennsylvania and he was miming to the guy that he liked the Steelers and wanted to know if the guy did too. So Mr Incredible was obviously getting across his own preferences for a football team and not necessarily the Disney take on football. It is not interacting with a tattoo, but I doubt every Mr Incredible CM is a Steelers fan. It was fun watching the guest trying to understand what Mr Incredible was trying to "say". When he figured it out, he said no. Mr Incredible had to shake his head.

Wyntuck
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by Wyntuck » Mar Tue 25, 2014 3:48 pm

That is bad show, but after several months of the same costume, the guy just "had to be himself".
I used to correct the characters who would point to a Sea World hat and do a thumbs down. I'd tell them "We're not competing with them, they're competing with US. So there's no reason to rag on their park."

UncleScrooge477

Post by UncleScrooge477 » Dec Tue 16, 2014 9:10 am

I used to love all the odds and ends in the Communicore. I still have plastic robots we built there (with a couple of extra legs) and the clear windows that can switch on/off to become opaque - wow. And I went to Segway training in one of the event/conference rooms in that building, too. Now, if they would just bring back the Annual Passholder lounge in the Land (secret elevator code, too), I'd be happy!
UncleScrooge477