Re: Food debates

Post by Goofyfan » Apr Wed 24, 2013 4:18 pm

I do love the Mickey on a stick....but Dole Whips can't be beat. :D :goofy:

DisneySpin
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by DisneySpin » Apr Thu 25, 2013 3:49 am

Another vote for the Mickey over Dole; guess I'm tough :lol: the wooden stick isn't an issue for me.
We're all mad here, I'm mad, you're mad."

PurpleFairies
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard

Post by PurpleFairies » Apr Thu 25, 2013 7:02 am

DisneySpin wrote:Another vote for the Mickey over Dole; guess I'm tough :lol: the wooden stick isn't an issue for me.
I may REALLY dislike the wooden ice cream stick, but it still is always part of the Mickey Mouse Ice Cream experience for me. It would be odd not having the weird tongue depressor aftertaste because it's just the way it has always been. :mickey:

Next question: First choice for afternoon snack...sweet or savory? Chewy or Crunchy? What food is it?
I haven't been to WDW since I was a young teen in 2005 so I am trying to remember if there were any snacks I really got other than pretzels or ice cream so I am living vicariously through you people :D! I want to know what else is out there!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Apr Thu 25, 2013 8:01 am

Hmmm, an afternoon snack ~ first choice would be a rice krispie brick. They are my favorite! Second choice...frozen coke. That is probably my second favorite.
There are an infinite number of snacks PurpleFairies ~ ice cream, popcorn, pretzels, little corn dogs, cupcakes, muffins, the list could go on and on. You need a return trip! :D

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Apr Thu 25, 2013 10:10 am

Something savory from World Showcase. Don't know exactly what, off-hand. But yeah, something slightly exotic. I like my sweets after meals.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

PurpleFairies

Post by PurpleFairies » Apr Thu 25, 2013 1:22 pm

Amy wrote:Hmmm, an afternoon snack ~ first choice would be a rice krispie brick. They are my favorite! Second choice...frozen coke. That is probably my second favorite.
There are an infinite number of snacks PurpleFairies ~ ice cream, popcorn, pretzels, little corn dogs, cupcakes, muffins, the list could go on and on. You need a return trip! :D
Don't I know it. I really am trying to put a small amount away little by little so that I can go back! Like I have said before, my parents have been back twice since 2005 so I have lived vicariously through their stories as well as everyone else here :). But I really want to go back soon! Maybe I will win the lottery or something and then I can REALLY enjoy different things in the park without a tight budget. :D :ccat:

I have a vague memory of enjoying a frozen banana treat while shivering after the Kali River Rapids ride during my first trip to the AK in 2000. I know I enjoyed that and thought it was pretty unique.

DisneySpin

Post by DisneySpin » Apr Thu 25, 2013 9:22 pm

Definitely savory for me. I like getting some nachos at Cantina de San Angel, kicking back and people watching.

sfein
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Post by sfein » Apr Fri 26, 2013 7:13 am

Everyone in my family loves Mickey on a stick. We each get one every time we go.

During food and wine at Epcot, I love visiting the booths of countries that are not represented at Epcot normally. Recently had a Chilean Sea Bass. Was excellent.

On a down note. Recently went to Disneyland and stopped in at the Jolly Holiday Bakery at the end of Main Street expecting some good baked goods. My daughter and I love cheese danish. They had this combination danish of half cheese and half strawberry. They didn't offer just a cheese one. We bought it and it tasted like something from a supermarket shelf (not even the bakery section of a supermarket). Extremely disappointed in Disney for that garbage.

kcarts
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by kcarts » Apr Sat 27, 2013 7:33 am

Snack question.....

Turkey leg from one of the carts around MK or corn dog bites from Casey's Corner?

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Apr Sat 27, 2013 9:46 am

kcarts wrote:Snack question.....

Turkey leg from one of the carts around MK or corn dog bites from Casey's Corner?
Definitely corn dog bites :D But I'm not a big fan of the turkey legs, so that was a pretty easy choice for me.
I just asked F1gment and she had to think about that choice for a minute. She said it was a hard choice but she ultimately chose the corn dog bites. Followed directly by saying she said would have to get a turkey leg on another day :lol:

NaCler

Post by NaCler » Apr Sat 27, 2013 10:12 pm

Corn dog nuggets for me. Also, even though I love Dole Whips, I'll take the Mickey bar every time!

How about the fish and chips at Columbia Harbor House or the chicken nuggets and fries from Cosmic Rays?

DisneySpin

Post by DisneySpin » Apr Sun 28, 2013 5:25 am

I'll take that order of chicken nuggets and fries, please. 8-)

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Apr Sun 28, 2013 7:28 am

Hmm, that is a tricky one as I've never tried either one. I think I would go with the chicken nuggets and fries though ~ sounds a tad less greasy.

Sleepy90

Post by Sleepy90 » Apr Sun 28, 2013 10:44 am

Funnel cake sugar or cinnamon.

Sugar every time for me and Joe.
Dole whip over mickey bars.
Turkey legs over corn dog nuggets but that may be because I have never tried the nuggets.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Apr Sun 28, 2013 12:36 pm

Mmm, good one Sleepy90! I will take the powdered sugar funnel cake :D I've never tried a funnel cake with cinnamon, although that sounds good too!