Disney PhotoPass Quality Control

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Re: Disney PhotoPass Quality Control

Post by Wizzard419 » Jul Sun 21, 2013 9:16 pm

The most they probably spend is on the workers at probably $10/hr (or less), you really do get what you pay for considering a professional can charge more in an hour than they would be paid for a day.

yodiwan1
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate

Post by yodiwan1 » Jul Mon 22, 2013 10:31 am

one of my friends was a photopass photographer, and they were trained for 2 weeks I think on using Disney cameras. I would love that job@
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"

yodiwan1

Post by yodiwan1 » Aug Fri 30, 2013 8:06 pm

ok, so quick question. Photopass+, do you get to develop as many pics as you want? get a cd? I am a little confused. I know we once bought the CD and loved it. Trying to plan in advance for my Feb trip for a week. Thanks!
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Aug Fri 30, 2013 10:56 pm

yodiwan1 wrote:ok, so quick question. Photopass+, do you get to develop as many pics as you want? get a cd? I am a little confused. I know we once bought the CD and loved it. Trying to plan in advance for my Feb trip for a week. Thanks!
Here's the FAQ on it: http://www.disneyphotopass.com/skins/10 ... PPPlus.htm

Seems like you get the disc with all your pictures in the parks, the gallery photos, and select restaurant and attraction pictures.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

yodiwan1

Post by yodiwan1 » Aug Fri 30, 2013 11:33 pm

thanks, the main site didn't mention the CD. Looks like the only difference between that and the regular CD are the attraction and dinning pics.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Sat 31, 2013 7:16 am

yodiwan1 wrote:thanks, the main site didn't mention the CD. Looks like the only difference between that and the regular CD are the attraction and dinning pics.
I think that if you are going to go to the expense of getting the Photo Pass pictures, you should probably go ahead and get the + version. Even if you only want to buy one or two attraction photos, that pays for the difference right there as the attraction photos are 'spensive!!

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Post by theBIGyowski » Sep Wed 04, 2013 8:17 pm

Yeah...PhotoPass+ is a must do for families with kids (girls) who are going to do the Princess Breakfasts and all that...and for people who plan on taking advantage of the on-ride photos by riding over and over again while making funny faces.

I do think Disney could lower the price a good bit though...and sell probably twice as many. But I'm sure they know their economics a lot better than I do.

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Wed 04, 2013 8:36 pm

theBIGyowski wrote:Yeah...PhotoPass+ is a must do for families with kids (girls) who are going to do the Princess Breakfasts and all that...and for people who plan on taking advantage of the on-ride photos by riding over and over again while making funny faces.

I do think Disney could lower the price a good bit though...and sell probably twice as many. But I'm sure they know their economics a lot better than I do.
I haven't looked at photo prices lately on online services. Is the PhotoPass+ service comparable in terms of pricing on how many pictures are included on a disc?

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Sep Wed 04, 2013 8:39 pm

Part of it seems like a bit of a con, if I recall you can save money by buying the packages prior to your arrival, but as the normal customers do not anticipate the quality/number of photos they may actually want, they probably would have had the same level of satisfaction if they had just had a tourist take the photos for them on a camera.

theBIGyowski

Post by theBIGyowski » Sep Thu 05, 2013 9:10 am

Wizzard419 wrote:Part of it seems like a bit of a con, if I recall you can save money by buying the packages prior to your arrival, but as the normal customers do not anticipate the quality/number of photos they may actually want, they probably would have had the same level of satisfaction if they had just had a tourist take the photos for them on a camera.
Oh...it's ALWAYS cheaper to do it yourself. You are simply paying for convenience with Photopass.

I have a good friend who has 3 little girls...and the Photopass+ was perfect for them as they were going to several character meals and princess meet & greets. It's kind of like the DDP...for some families it works out being perfect and saving them money...but for others it is a huge waste.

yodiwan1

Post by yodiwan1 » Sep Thu 05, 2013 9:22 am

If you do it yourself you can't add in all the little extras, like borders and the magic shots with characters in them. We love those....so do you get any actual prints? or just the disk??

theBIGyowski

Post by theBIGyowski » Sep Thu 05, 2013 11:01 am

According to Stacey...

you can "even upload shots from your camera...and then create really cool keepsakes and all kinds of sweet stuff."

yodiwan1

Post by yodiwan1 » Sep Thu 05, 2013 11:14 pm

yes....If you buy the package first, lol so if you don't buy the Photo CD or Photopass+, then you wouldn't be able to do that. right?

Goofyfan
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by Goofyfan » Sep Sat 07, 2013 4:41 pm

We bought the disk of all the photo pass shots and they also uploaded everything on our personal camera at the same time. That was back in 2010. We than purchased a digital photo frame from K-mart and and have about 1500 vaction shots from our last 2 Disney vacations along with our last Cruise programed in. The photo frame is awesome. It is a lighted photo that randomly changes every 30 seconds. We program it to come on at 08:00 in the morning and shut off at midnight. We love it and get to see the pictures when ever we want without having to pull out an album or browse through the computer :D :goofy:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Sat 07, 2013 6:27 pm

Goofyfan wrote:We bought the disk of all the photo pass shots and they also uploaded everything on our personal camera at the same time. That was back in 2010. We than purchased a digital photo frame from K-mart and and have about 1500 vaction shots from our last 2 Disney vacations along with our last Cruise programed in. The photo frame is awesome. It is a lighted photo that randomly changes every 30 seconds. We program it to come on at 08:00 in the morning and shut off at midnight. We love it and get to see the pictures when ever we want without having to pull out an album or browse through the computer :D :goofy:
Neat idea!