CRUISE ADVICE?

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Re: CRUISE ADVICE?

Post by Wizzard419 » Feb Mon 18, 2013 2:11 pm

Indeed, large numbers of people in a small area for several days or more, perishable items that need to be kept for said timeframe, shared heated water sources (hot tubs), plus ventilation systems, sewage, possible engine issues, etc. and this is before we even get to how easy it is to murder someone on a cruise and leave no body.

dstrawn9889
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by dstrawn9889 » Feb Mon 18, 2013 10:39 pm

ummm... ka-thump, shuffle-shuffle, umph... spash. thought about that much?

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Feb Tue 19, 2013 11:00 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:and this is before we even get to how easy it is to murder someone on a cruise and leave no body.
You worry me sometimes. :shock: :wink:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Wed 20, 2013 8:43 am

Soarin08 wrote:
Wizzard419 wrote:and this is before we even get to how easy it is to murder someone on a cruise and leave no body.
Only sometimes?! :shock:

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Feb Wed 20, 2013 10:31 am

Amy wrote:
Soarin08 wrote:
Okay ALL THE TIME.

Goofyfan

Post by Goofyfan » Feb Wed 20, 2013 5:15 pm

MmeLeota wrote:We have only been on one cruise, and we are scheduled to go on another one later this year...both Carnival. I will say this: we had such an amazing time on the first one and thoroughly look forward to the next one...even in light of the tragedy with the Triumph last week. In all honesty, something like that could happen on ANY cruise, regardless of carrier. Would I want to be stuck in that situation? No. But I think that Carnival did an amazing job with trying to keep everyone as calm as possible and they were all heavily compensated...something they didn't have to do. When you go on a cruise, you basically sign a waiver that releases the cruise line from responsibility so they cannot be sued. Do I think that the accident could have been prevented based on reports of issues on the previous cruise? Yes. (According to the news, the sailing prior to this one had a delayed cast off due to propulsion issues) Now, I don't know how things will pan out in the coming weeks/months but it sure seems like they did a great job in the situation that ensued. There was no loss of life. There were no serious injuries. It could have been much worse.

So for now, I will continue to be excited for our upcoming Carnival Cruise! :)

...and no disrespect to DCL or any other cruise line, but no one ever has a spotless record forever. :/ Stuff happens no matter how prepared you are.

Enjoy your cruise....... We did... Hic! :mrgreen: :goofy:

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Feb Wed 20, 2013 11:46 pm

Soarin08 wrote:
Amy wrote:
Soarin08 wrote: You worry me sometimes. :shock: :wink:
Okay ALL THE TIME.
I wouldn't be too worried, it's not like you post references to your work habits, location, and even photos of yourself on easily reachable internet pages, oh wait... :mrgreen:

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Feb Fri 22, 2013 12:49 pm

Soarin08 wrote:
Amy wrote:
Soarin08 wrote: You worry me sometimes. :shock: :wink:
Okay ALL THE TIME.
Wizzard419 wrote:
I wouldn't be too worried, it's not like you post references to your work habits, location, and even photos of yourself on easily reachable internet pages, oh wait... :mrgreen:
Ok that was just creepy Wiz.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Feb Fri 22, 2013 1:52 pm

Wizzard419 wrote: I wouldn't be too worried, it's not like you post references to your work habits, location, and even photos of yourself on easily reachable internet pages, oh wait... :mrgreen:
Considering half the people on these boards have met me IRL, that really isn't your business. :roll:

TikiTikiRoom
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by TikiTikiRoom » Mar Thu 14, 2013 10:58 am

So, the second half of our trip we're hopping aboard the DCL for a 5 day cruise. We're taking a day-trip in Nassau. What would you all recommend for a 25 year old male? I've been eyeballing the local food and would love to soak up some of the local flavor. I've heard that it would be best to skip the hay market as the prices are a little steep and to instead move towards the north shore where there are cheaper shops?
IC-32830 of the 501st Legion

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Mar Thu 14, 2013 1:13 pm

TikiTikiRoom wrote:So, the second half of our trip we're hopping aboard the DCL for a 5 day cruise. We're taking a day-trip in Nassau. What would you all recommend for a 25 year old male? I've been eyeballing the local food and would love to soak up some of the local flavor. I've heard that it would be best to skip the hay market as the prices are a little steep and to instead move towards the north shore where there are cheaper shops?
I have to be honest, I laughed that evil, sneaky, up-to-no-good laugh when I read this. :twisted: An adult guy in a foreign port? ... I suggest as much mayhem as you can muster and not get arrested!!! :lol: 8-)
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

TikiTikiRoom

Post by TikiTikiRoom » Mar Thu 14, 2013 1:22 pm

I'd bring my skateboard but I'm not sure the Disney crew would let me bring it aboard. I guess getting trashed at a local bar and then attempting to swim with dolphins is an option!
IC-32830 of the 501st Legion

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Thu 14, 2013 1:50 pm

TikiTikiRoom wrote:I'd bring my skateboard but I'm not sure the Disney crew would let me bring it aboard. I guess getting trashed at a local bar and then attempting to swim with dolphins is an option!
Hmmm, you might want to skip the first part of that mayhem. Dolphins are really smart and they might decide to mess with your messed up head ;)

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Mar Fri 15, 2013 5:46 pm

TikiTikiRoom wrote:So, the second half of our trip we're hopping aboard the DCL for a 5 day cruise. We're taking a day-trip in Nassau. What would you all recommend for a 25 year old male? I've been eyeballing the local food and would love to soak up some of the local flavor. I've heard that it would be best to skip the hay market as the prices are a little steep and to instead move towards the north shore where there are cheaper shops?
Have you read Mousekedude's DCL trip report in the Marauder Meet-Up thread? It will give you a lot of info on the cruise as well as what to do.

Goofyfan

Post by Goofyfan » Mar Mon 18, 2013 5:26 pm

25 YO male. Sample different cuisine and local beverages if you favor alcohol. We enjoyed the Straw Market. If you barter with them, you can pick up some good bargains. Enjoy your time there. :D :goofy: