Weird and Odd Happenings at the Parks

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

TikiTikiRoom
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Re: Weird and Odd Happenings at the Parks

Post by TikiTikiRoom » Aug Wed 29, 2012 9:26 am

Ya know...I came in to this thread expecting to read about some weird paranormal happenings, or like someone spotted Bigfoot on the river edge in the Old Key West Resort, but apparently I was wrong. :o
IC-32830 of the 501st Legion

Monakie78
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by Monakie78 » Sep Mon 03, 2012 12:48 pm

We were waiting our turn get on the Pirates of the Carribean. The first load needed to get off & then we were to get on. A dad & his son (about 8 years old) were getting off & then turned around and jumped back on the ride. You could tell the kid was confused and the dad was yelling at him to get back on. The ride operator started yelling at him & told him, "Shame on You! You can't do that." The guy just looked at her and held his hands up, to say-I don't care, too bad.

Instead of stopping the ride and making them get off, she sent us off on our way. That's the first time I've seen someone do that. How can you be so blatantly rude! We all have to wait.

Monakie78

Post by Monakie78 » Sep Mon 03, 2012 1:01 pm

When I was about 10 years old, I was with my parents and brother. We were walking up to the line for a ride in Fantasyland. I don't remember which ride, just the scene that happened next. A man, quickly ran in front of my dad just as we were meeting up with the end of the line. The man told my dad that his family was right behind him & to please let them cut in front of the four of us. So the man turns around & is shouting to his family to hurry up. With absolutely no exaggeration about 20 people start cutting in front of our party of 4. Family! He brought a parade with him!!! My dad got so mad! He was shouting at the guy telling him how rude that was. My dad said a family is a few people. He told the guy that he should let us back in front of him, which is where we were in the first place.

In a nutshell, the guy basically told my dad to beat it. I bet that guy was cutting people off all day.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Mon 03, 2012 1:23 pm

Monakie78 wrote:We were waiting our turn get on the Pirates of the Carribean. The first load needed to get off & then we were to get on. A dad & his son (about 8 years old) were getting off & then turned around and jumped back on the ride. You could tell the kid was confused and the dad was yelling at him to get back on. The ride operator started yelling at him & told him, "Shame on You! You can't do that." The guy just looked at her and held his hands up, to say-I don't care, too bad.

Instead of stopping the ride and making them get off, she sent us off on our way. That's the first time I've seen someone do that. How can you be so blatantly rude! We all have to wait.
That is weird. I'm surprised the CMs didn't make them get off!
Monakie78 wrote:When I was about 10 years old, I was with my parents and brother. We were walking up to the line for a ride in Fantasyland. I don't remember which ride, just the scene that happened next. A man, quickly ran in front of my dad just as we were meeting up with the end of the line. The man told my dad that his family was right behind him & to please let them cut in front of the four of us. So the man turns around & is shouting to his family to hurry up. With absolutely no exaggeration about 20 people start cutting in front of our party of 4. Family! He brought a parade with him!!! My dad got so mad! He was shouting at the guy telling him how rude that was. My dad said a family is a few people. He told the guy that he should let us back in front of him, which is where we were in the first place.

In a nutshell, the guy basically told my dad to beat it. I bet that guy was cutting people off all day.
Wow, that was rude! It is better to just let people like that go and not let them bother you. Hopefully some day they will be in the same situation and learn a lesson :roll:

Thumper1
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Thumper1 » Sep Tue 04, 2012 12:22 pm

Monakie78 wrote:When I was about 10 years old, I was with my parents and brother. We were walking up to the line for a ride in Fantasyland. I don't remember which ride, just the scene that happened next. A man, quickly ran in front of my dad just as we were meeting up with the end of the line. The man told my dad that his family was right behind him & to please let them cut in front of the four of us. So the man turns around & is shouting to his family to hurry up. With absolutely no exaggeration about 20 people start cutting in front of our party of 4. Family! He brought a parade with him!!! My dad got so mad! He was shouting at the guy telling him how rude that was. My dad said a family is a few people. He told the guy that he should let us back in front of him, which is where we were in the first place.

Do they have any sort of punishment for behavior like this, if you were to turn him in or do you think the cm's can't really do anything about it? I think this person should have been punished!!

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Sep Tue 04, 2012 12:29 pm

brerrabbit1 wrote:

Do they have any sort of punishment for behavior like this, if you were to turn him in or do you think the cm's can't really do anything about it? I think this person should have been punished!!
The punishment is called a little child with sticky fingers on a sugar rush, who has a penchant for stepping on toes. :twisted:
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Tue 04, 2012 12:38 pm

cy1229 wrote:
brerrabbit1 wrote:

The punishment is called a little child with sticky fingers on a sugar rush, who has a penchant for stepping on toes. :twisted:
Why do I always get punished then?? I don't do anything but I still get the sticky child that steps on my feet :shock: :(
Seriously though, I really don't think the CMs would be able to do anything. It is a situation where there is no real harm other than ill will toward your fellow park guest. I would imagine that if the CM saw the incident, they could give the people who were cut off a fastpass or perhaps let them go in the fastpass line or something like that. I don't think they will ever confront guests unless there is something serious happening.

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Sep Tue 04, 2012 1:39 pm

You know what you did to get punished. :D

Thumper1

Post by Thumper1 » Sep Tue 04, 2012 4:09 pm

the punishment is the guys whole family gets to babysit the kid with the sticky fingers and the kid gets to step on everyone's feet a million times!! :lol:

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Sep Wed 05, 2012 10:34 am

I'm thinking I'll give my niece a lot of candy on our next trip, and have her at the front of the line... just in case. :twisted:
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Monakie78

Post by Monakie78 » Sep Fri 07, 2012 5:10 pm

brerrabbit1 wrote:

My dad told a CM, but they just said they were really sorry & didn't do anything about it. They were probably too scared to step up.

stinoi
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by stinoi » Sep Tue 18, 2012 6:12 pm

My brother-in-law is in the CP at WDW this year. He told us that they're not allowed to say anything to the guests or they get fired. His girlfriend, who is also in the CP, was bussing tables and a group from Brazil started berating her, telling her that since they pay a lot of money to come to WDW, she should speak Portuguese. She didn't say anything. When she came back their way, they all threw their drinks on her. It ruined her cell phone, which she had to replace at her own cost. Although she told her manager, nothing happened to the guests (as far as we know) and she wasn't compensated for her phone.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Tue 18, 2012 7:51 pm

stinoi wrote:My brother-in-law is in the CP at WDW this year. He told us that they're not allowed to say anything to the guests or they get fired. His girlfriend, who is also in the CP, was bussing tables and a group from Brazil started berating her, telling her that since they pay a lot of money to come to WDW, she should speak Portuguese. She didn't say anything. When she came back their way, they all threw their drinks on her. It ruined her cell phone, which she had to replace at her own cost. Although she told her manager, nothing happened to the guests (as far as we know) and she wasn't compensated for her phone.
That sounds awful! Why are they not allowed to speak with the guests though? Isn't that the idea of having the international CPs?

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Sep Tue 18, 2012 9:03 pm

Perhaps it's the same reason I beat my minions for making eye contact? :D

That is weird to have cheap/free labor but not utilize them more.

With the phone, I wonder if there was a policy against bringing personal effects out with you and as that wasn't followed she was SOL.

dstrawn9889
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by dstrawn9889 » Sep Tue 18, 2012 10:27 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:Perhaps it's the same reason I beat my minions for making eye contact? :D

That is weird to have cheap/free labor but not utilize them more.

With the phone, I wonder if there was a policy against bringing personal effects out with you and as that wasn't followed she was SOL.
+1 for that explanation... you don't carry your cell with you onstage, you work for Mouschwitz, not Verizon Wireless