Moderator: Moderators

PurpleFairies
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard

Re: Weird and Odd Happenings at the Parks

Post by PurpleFairies » Mar Sat 30, 2013 2:53 pm

Soarin08 wrote:
Len90 wrote:
Soarin08 wrote:Oh yeah and the guy yesterday who was in City Hall ranting about getting pulled over for speeding at the MK auto plaza. YEAH LIKE WE CAN FIX THE DECISION OF THE ORANGE COUNTY SHERIFF MORON. -rant rant rant- :twisted:
The OCSCO pulling people over on Disney property is actually something I've started to notice happening over the past few years. I've seen them hiding enough times on Epcot Resorts Blvd, World Drive, and one or two other places. I can understand frustration, but ranting in city hall will not accomplish anything on that.
They need to get over it. Posted speed limits are just that- the posted law. Using the dumb tourist excuse won't get you out of it. :roll: Orange County has been great about cracking down on these idiots who think it is perfectly fine to drive above the speed limit. I don't care if people are on vacation and supposedly aren't thinking. Would they pull that crap at home? The answer is of course sure they would but there would be no Disney people to scream at over it.
This totally makes me think of college and how even though we were a residential college with campus security, regular police were allowed on campus, plainclothes no less...with intent to find underage drinking...not that I would ever have been drinking underage... :wink: People just don't think things through. Disney is not exempt from police. They sure as heck would want the police there if it was for in their best interest because something was stolen or something horrible like that!

JenMuse
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host
Location: Los Osos, California (a.k.a. 2,714 miles from the Polynesian)

Post by JenMuse » Apr Mon 01, 2013 11:54 am

Soarin08 wrote:You'd also be amazed how many people lose their strollers and then holler "stolen" when a quick call to the area where it was left finds it. :roll:
On the opposite spectrum, a friend and I went to DL years back and got there crazy early (cause, um, someone, who am I kidding? we all know it was me) was too excited to stay asleep. We didn't have a reservation, but since the gate was only open to folks headed to breakfast with Minnie at the Plaza, we got walk up reservations just to get in the park early. They CMs at the gate thought we were really funny (my bouncing probably gave it away) and gave us free mickey ear balloons.

The novelty of the balloons quickly wore off so we looked for unattended strollers to tie them to, then got a table where we could see the strollers. When the family came out, they were all surprised smiles and the kids were so happy. Made my friend and I feel so happy to have made those kids happy. Now the family would have no trouble finding their strollers.
  • 1980-93: Fort Wilderness
    1996: All-Stars Movie
    1999: rented a private home
    2008: Hilton Grand Vacation Club at International Drive (HGVC)
    2009: All-Stars Music & Pop Century
    2010: HGVC at I-Drive
    2011: Anaheim Hilton (DisneyLand)
    2012: HGVC at I-Drive & Caribbean Beach Resort
    2013: HGVC-Parc Soleil & Port Orleans Riverside AND Anaheim Hilton
    2015: Old Key West & Saratoga Springs

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Apr Mon 01, 2013 11:59 am

JenMuse wrote:
Soarin08 wrote:You'd also be amazed how many people lose their strollers and then holler "stolen" when a quick call to the area where it was left finds it. :roll:
On the opposite spectrum, a friend and I went to DL years back and got there crazy early (cause, um, someone, who am I kidding? we all know it was me) was too excited to stay asleep. We didn't have a reservation, but since the gate was only open to folks headed to breakfast with Minnie at the Plaza, we got walk up reservations just to get in the park early. They CMs at the gate thought we were really funny (my bouncing probably gave it away) and gave us free mickey ear balloons.

The novelty of the balloons quickly wore off so we looked for unattended strollers to tie them to, then got a table where we could see the strollers. When the family came out, they were all surprised smiles and the kids were so happy. Made my friend and I feel so happy to have made those kids happy. Now the family would have no trouble finding their strollers.
Loving this story... How kind of you to pass the happiness along!
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Apr Mon 01, 2013 4:39 pm

cy1229 wrote:
JenMuse wrote:...The novelty of the balloons quickly wore off so we looked for unattended strollers to tie them to, then got a table where we could see the strollers. When the family came out, they were all surprised smiles and the kids were so happy. Made my friend and I feel so happy to have made those kids happy. Now the family would have no trouble finding their strollers.
Loving this story... How kind of you to pass the happiness along!
That is cool JenMuse ~ you probably gave as much happiness to the parents as the kids :D

MetalRage
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by MetalRage » Apr Mon 01, 2013 10:12 pm

I saw a lady so happy that she got a Dole Whip that she literally starting singing "Walking On Sunshine"! I think she really loves her Dole Whips LOL!
"When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do. And one thing it takes to accomplish something is courage." - Walt Disney :mickey3:

[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/9147/userbar721338ez4.gif[/img][/url]

"We wants the redhead!"

JenMuse
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by JenMuse » Apr Mon 01, 2013 10:42 pm

MetalRage wrote:I saw a lady so happy that she got a Dole Whip that she literally starting singing "Walking On Sunshine"! I think she really loves her Dole Whips LOL!
that's awesome!

MetalRage

Post by MetalRage » Apr Mon 01, 2013 10:51 pm

JenMuse wrote:
MetalRage wrote:I saw a lady so happy that she got a Dole Whip that she literally starting singing "Walking On Sunshine"! I think she really loves her Dole Whips LOL!
that's awesome!

Lol yeah it was! It just added to the Disney Magic! Goes to show ya, Disney really is the happiest place on earth!
"When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do. And one thing it takes to accomplish something is courage." - Walt Disney :mickey3:

[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/9147/userbar721338ez4.gif[/img][/url]

"We wants the redhead!"

Goofyfan
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by Goofyfan » Apr Tue 02, 2013 5:50 pm

JenMuse wrote:

I just love those feel good stories. You are a saint for doing that. Very Awesome. :D :goofy:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Apr Tue 02, 2013 6:43 pm

The Dole Whip inspires certain members of this forum to do a Dole Whip dance! I'm glad people enjoy them, but they just aren't my thing. The rice krispie bricks are my Dole Whip equivalent ;) :lol:

JenMuse
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by JenMuse » Apr Tue 02, 2013 6:57 pm

Goofyfan wrote:I just love those feel good stories. You are a saint for doing that. Very Awesome. :D :goofy:
Nah, no saint here, it was after all mutually beneficial. We were able to ditch balloons we couldn't take on the attractions (or leave outside since we had nothing like a stroller to tie them to) anyways and the kids got a great surprise.

Goofyfan

Post by Goofyfan » Apr Wed 03, 2013 3:55 pm

MetalRage wrote:
JenMuse wrote:
that's awesome!

Lol yeah it was! It just added to the Disney Magic! Goes to show ya, Disney really is the happiest place on earth!

OOHHHH YAAAA!!! Dole Whips :D :goofy:

Thumper1
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Thumper1 » Apr Thu 04, 2013 4:53 pm

I haven't tried the dole whips...but you can be sure I'm trying one on my next visit!! I've heard so many good things about them on here!!! June 19, 2015, update: I was just looking at this post from awhile ago and I can happily say now that I have tried a dole whip!!! I really loved it!!
Last edited by Thumper1 on Jun Fri 19, 2015 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Apr Wed 10, 2013 10:22 pm

brerrabbit1 wrote:I haven't tried the dole whips...but you can be sure I'm trying one on my next visit!! I've heard so many good things about them on here!!!
You have too!!! They are a classic!! :D

figmentaholic
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by figmentaholic » Apr Sun 28, 2013 6:28 pm

JenMuse wrote:

That reminded me of something, I think I had posted it elsewhere a long time ago, but this is relevant.

In February 2012, we went to WDW, and we had a couple of friends from Jacksonville meet us there. Well one of their fathers was a CM so they go all the time. And what one of them does it go to eBay or places like that and get bulk sets of pins.. and when he sees a kid is having a birthday or a first visit, he gives them a pin, and of course he has plenty of pins to trade for as well.

Soon after we had gotten back in 2012, I got some bulk pins to get ready for the next trip. Unfortunately due to some very sad circumstances, our annual trip to Disney did not happen this February. So I have had the pins over a year now, waiting to get back. Thankfully, it looks like we will be going for our 10th anniversary in October, so I hope to spread a little bit of magic then.
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3377/3256433787_87963f58e0.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x147/sandwich_boy_photos/epcot.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://www.dansmith.ca/userbars/userbars/figment.gif[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://www.dansmith.ca/userbars/userbars/dreamfinder-fan.gif[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3386/3256432811_caa1112463.jpg[/img][/url]

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Apr Sun 28, 2013 6:37 pm

This little movie popped up in my facebook feed today ~ it's called Missing in the Mansion http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0M-yetCGm-A
The filmmakers also have a behind the scenes Q&A which sort of explains the movie a bit more ~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation ... KcbGbajwLk