Weird and Odd Happenings at the Parks

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

octoberbarry
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Re: Weird and Odd Happenings at the Parks

Post by octoberbarry » Jun Sun 07, 2015 5:28 am

In 2005 I was sitting on a bench in Fantasyland waiting for my family to finish up in the restrooms. I was looking down at my phone when I was WALLOPED on the side of the head. I looked up to see a 10 year old boy glaring at me. His (I assume) mother rushed over, grabbed him by the arm, and dragged him off. Not a word to me... :roll:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Sun 07, 2015 8:07 am

octoberbarry wrote:In 2005 I was sitting on a bench in Fantasyland waiting for my family to finish up in the restrooms. I was looking down at my phone when I was WALLOPED on the side of the head. I looked up to see a 10 year old boy glaring at me. His (I assume) mother rushed over, grabbed him by the arm, and dragged him off. Not a word to me... :roll:
That is very strange!

SeattleSuz
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard

Post by SeattleSuz » Jun Mon 08, 2015 9:03 am

My only weird thing was being at DLR in 2004 and my friend stopped me and said "Suz, it's Bono" WHAT?! I looked up and he was literally walking right in front of me, over to Haunted Mansion. I was dumbfounded. lol He was a lot shorter than I expected, shorter than my 5'9 frame. ha ha
Image Image

daluke
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by daluke » Jun Mon 08, 2015 4:34 pm

One of my first trips as an adult - hadn't gone in 15 years - since high school.
My DW, DS6 and I are having dinner at Rose and Crown with good seats for Illuminations.
Not a lot of people in the place because it was actually pretty cold outside. Loud table right next to us (not bad loud, just having a good time)
While we are eating the loud table all gets up to go to the bathroom before the fireworks and I notice that one guy is wearing a Packers jersey and I think "small world!" (we are from WI too)
As he comes back I say "Go Pack!" and we smile at each other. Then his wife is walking by and I look at her and - huge double-take - it is someone I was very good friends with from when I was working a summer job in WI. Hadn't talked to her or seen her in over a decade and here she is sitting right next to me in Orlando!

captianbubble

Post by captianbubble » Jun Thu 25, 2015 1:28 am

daluke wrote:One of my first trips as an adult - hadn't gone in 15 years - since high school.
My DW, DS6 and I are having dinner at Rose and Crown with good seats for Illuminations.
Not a lot of people in the place because it was actually pretty cold outside. Loud table right next to us (not bad loud, just having a good time)
While we are eating the loud table all gets up to go to the bathroom before the fireworks and I notice that one guy is wearing a Packers jersey and I think "small world!" (we are from WI too)
As he comes back I say "Go Pack!" and we smile at each other. Then his wife is walking by and I look at her and - huge double-take - it is someone I was very good friends with from when I was working a summer job in WI. Hadn't talked to her or seen her in over a decade and here she is sitting right next to me in Orlando!
That is so cool!
Disney World Here I Come!