Premier Annual Pass

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

broncoflyer8912
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Premier Annual Pass

Post by broncoflyer8912 » May Wed 30, 2012 2:51 pm

Does anyone on here currently hold this AP?

I am saving up for it, but just wondering if anyone else thinks this is worth it. I think it's pretty worth it for me, since my parents live 30 minutes from DLR, and I am an airline pilot, so free flights whenever. Didn't like the price increase, but just means one more month of saving.

(My first post on the boards in a long time!)
Sometimes the bluest part of the sky seems so far away from us, I guess thats what keeps us striving for it...
[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/8092/userbar517363if3.gif[/img][/url]

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Re: Premier Annual Pass

Post by Wizzard419 » May Wed 30, 2012 3:16 pm

It can be, but realistically, how frequently do you expect to be at DLR and WDW for long enough to use it? It the number of expected trips works then go for it.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » May Wed 30, 2012 7:07 pm

I agree with Wizzard. You'll have to add up the number of days you expect to be able to visit both parks to see if it is truly worth it or not. It would be cool to have one, and the opportunity to use it frequently. Sounds like you might be able to make good use of it if you fly coast to coast very often :D

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » May Wed 30, 2012 7:20 pm

Also, how you will use it is a big factor. For example, I have a premium at DLR but most of my visits are under 3 hours but very frequent (except during the busy times). I was looking at getting a premiere one when there was the possibility that I would be going back and forth between orlando (for work) on a montly basis, but that didn't happen. It also may be a little different for you since, you don't have a local park, so either one will require some form of accomodations for each visit.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » May Wed 30, 2012 7:26 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:Also, how you will use it is a big factor. For example, I have a premium at DLR but most of my visits are under 3 hours but very frequent (except during the busy times). I was looking at getting a premiere one when there was the possibility that I would be going back and forth between orlando (for work) on a montly basis, but that didn't happen. It also may be a little different for you since, you don't have a local park, so either one will require some form of accomodations for each visit.
Good point. Several one day tickets could add up quickly, whereas a few multi-day tickets might not outweigh the high cost of the premium AP. If his parents are only 30 minutes away from DL, he's probably covered for accommodations there...

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » May Wed 30, 2012 8:14 pm

While he is 30 mins of driving away, he's probably about an hour away when you factor in parking and getting in the main gates.

broncoflyer8912
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by broncoflyer8912 » May Thu 31, 2012 11:31 am

Yeah I think it's really just about the ability to go to WDW a few times a year, plus the ability to always make a visit when I go back home. I may do the typical American thing and buy it anyways, and then afterwards compare if it actually saved me any money and then it will help me decide on whether to renew it or not.
Sometimes the bluest part of the sky seems so far away from us, I guess thats what keeps us striving for it...
[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/8092/userbar517363if3.gif[/img][/url]

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » May Thu 31, 2012 12:54 pm

broncoflyer8912 wrote:Yeah I think it's really just about the ability to go to WDW a few times a year, plus the ability to always make a visit when I go back home. I may do the typical American thing and buy it anyways, and then afterwards compare if it actually saved me any money and then it will help me decide on whether to renew it or not.
You'll have to check back in and let us know what you decided to do ~ and if you bought it, if you got your money's worth!

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » May Thu 31, 2012 1:51 pm

You also might just buy a premium for one resort and then upgrade (they will pro-rate upgrades) later on.