Moderator: Moderators

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Behind the scenes pics

Post by Amy » Jul Sun 01, 2012 9:03 pm

DisneySpin wrote:
Amy wrote:
MmeLeota wrote:Thanks for posting these Amy!!!! I am one of those who like to see the inner workings and it actually enhances the magic for me. :)
Hubby used to work with a gal who worked the HM at DL and she shared some pics with us from the ballroom scene...though they weren't as in depth as the ones Amy posted, it was still cool. I guess because I worked at a theme park and had to deal with the inner workings of attractions, that's why I'm so intrigued by it...and why the chance to be evacuated off an attraction is so facinating to me.
Me too! I've heard so much about the little square of the HM ballroom where you can stand and see all the action, and not ruin any magic for the guests. I would LOVE to be able to see that in person someday!! :D
Don't hate me, but I was able to do just that thing. It was almost bizarre, after years of riding the HM, to stand so close to the dancers. You feel as though yoy could step in and join them rather than just watching from above.
I have to say though, my favorite Behind the Scenes experience ever was the Treasure Room of PotC. Haven't we all imagined owning all that wealth!? It was really fun to get close, it was all still just as glittery and desirable :P Sorry though, I couldn't take pics, a CM friend pulled strings and I didn't want to endanger their career. But they're in my Mind.
No hatred ~ but much jealousy!! I would loooove to stand in that little square and see everything in the ballroom close up :D What sort of stuff is in the PotC treasure room?

DisneySpin
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by DisneySpin » Jul Sun 01, 2012 11:34 pm

Amy wrote: No hatred ~ but much jealousy!! I would loooove to stand in that little square and see everything in the ballroom close up :D What sort of stuff is in the PotC treasure room?
Oh, you know the room where you're going through all the different pirate skeletons and you get that Pirate King type guy that's sitting on top of the gold and jewels, that's all I meant. It was cool to see it close up instead of from the boat. I continue to imagine tossing it all it the air and letting it rain down, if it was real of course. Just doesn't have the same pizzazz when it's fake.
We're all mad here, I'm mad, you're mad."

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Mon 02, 2012 7:46 am

DisneySpin wrote:
Amy wrote: No hatred ~ but much jealousy!! I would loooove to stand in that little square and see everything in the ballroom close up :D What sort of stuff is in the PotC treasure room?
Oh, you know the room where you're going through all the different pirate skeletons and you get that Pirate King type guy that's sitting on top of the gold and jewels, that's all I meant. It was cool to see it close up instead of from the boat. I continue to imagine tossing it all it the air and letting it rain down, if it was real of course. Just doesn't have the same pizzazz when it's fake.
Oh ok. Isn't that where Jack Sparrow is now? It would still be fun to toss it up and have it rain down ~ fake or not :lol:

DisneySpin

Post by DisneySpin » Jul Mon 02, 2012 8:25 am

Amy wrote: Oh ok. Isn't that where Jack Sparrow is now? It would still be fun to toss it up and have it rain down ~ fake or not :lol:
Right, but it was still the All Skeletons, All the Time when I got to see it. Which I still prefer but certainly understand the movie tie-in to draw in additional guests (I guess :? ). As with many of the attractions, I still prefer the original. Back to the Haunted Mansion, it was cool to have to stand way back in the dark of the ballroom scene so that no one in the Doom Buggies overhead would see you. A haunted house environment and being sneaky, too fun!
Last edited by DisneySpin on Aug Sat 11, 2012 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
We're all mad here, I'm mad, you're mad."

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Mon 02, 2012 10:02 am

DisneySpin wrote:
Amy wrote: Oh ok. Isn't that where Jack Sparrow is now? It would still be fun to toss it up and have it rain down ~ fake or not :lol:
Right, but it was still the All Skeletons, All the Time when I got to see it. Which I still prefer but certainly understand the movie tie-in to draw in additional giests (I guess :? ). As with many of the attractions, I still prefer the original. Back to the Haunted Mansion, it was cool to have to stand way back in the dark of the ballroom scene so that no one in the Doom Buggies overhead would see you. A haunted house environment and being sneaky, too fun!
I preferred the pre-movie franchise days as well :roll: Sneaking around the Haunted Mansion would be fun indeed!

mjmcsl4me
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by mjmcsl4me » Jul Wed 04, 2012 7:13 pm

UncleScrooge477 wrote:I really liked the eyeballs on the HM organ player - maybe I can get contacts like that!
Man I missed those....going back for another look..... :shock:

domarino
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by domarino » Aug Sat 11, 2012 9:42 am

The pirates pics really shocked me. LOL Don't know why I expected complete characters at all times! LOL

Goofyfan
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by Goofyfan » Aug Sat 11, 2012 9:57 am

domarino wrote:The pirates pics really shocked me. LOL Don't know why I expected complete characters at all times! LOL

I know what you mean.... You just figure everything is complete and fully working. loved the pics. :goofy:

Thumper1

Post by Thumper1 » Aug Wed 29, 2012 11:04 am

always cool to see behind the scenes!! Thanks for the cool pics!!