Disney Safari Mickey Sweeps on Facebook

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

disneylizzy
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Disney Safari Mickey Sweeps on Facebook

Post by disneylizzy » Feb Fri 17, 2012 2:51 pm

Anybody else enter the Safari Sweepstakes for Disneyworld and Disneyland on Facebook?

You have to look through the photo albums on Disney-related fb pages to find the "hidden" mickeys...I was only able to find 8 for the disneyworld one and 9 for the disneyland one instead of the 10 you're supposed to be able to find for each.

Each mickey you find is an entry for a Disney trip & if you find the 10th one(s) IF you win your trip will be upgraded w/ VIP status. But I'm more interested in the trip!!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Disney Safari Mickey Sweeps on Facebook

Post by Amy » Feb Fri 17, 2012 3:08 pm

disneylizzy wrote:Anybody else enter the Safari Sweepstakes for Disneyworld and Disneyland on Facebook?

You have to look through the photo albums on Disney-related fb pages to find the "hidden" mickeys...I was only able to find 8 for the disneyworld one and 9 for the disneyland one instead of the 10 you're supposed to be able to find for each.

Each mickey you find is an entry for a Disney trip & if you find the 10th one(s) IF you win your trip will be upgraded w/ VIP status. But I'm more interested in the trip!!
That sounds like fun! Do you have the link for the Facebook page?
EDIT: Never mind, I finally found it. Boy it wasn't easy though :roll: Here is the link if you are interested. This goes on my list of things to do this weekend :D
https://www.facebook.com/WaltDisneyWorl ... 4296318589
It is sort of confusing the way it is stated too ~ Walt Disney World - FL Resident Go Wild Sweepstakes. Sort of makes it sound like it is only for residents of Florida :( But the rules at the bottom clearly state that it is open to residents of all 50 states :D I suppose they were striving for Walt Disney World...in Florida. Unfortunate placement of the - makes it seem otherwise :roll:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Fri 17, 2012 3:54 pm

disneylizzy wrote:Anybody else enter the Safari Sweepstakes for Disneyworld and Disneyland on Facebook?

Someone said where to find the 10th one for at least the one contest. Here is their post ~ hope it helps you out disneylizzy. So far I have only found one for Disneyland and it doesn't let me click on it because I am trying to find the WDW mickeys :shock: Is that all you have to do is find it and click on it?? At least I sort of know what I am looking for now! And do the hidden Mickey's show up in the preview photos, or do you have to click on the photos and flip through them? There are waaaaay more photos of Duffy than I want to have to scroll through with how long Facebook takes to load photos :(
For everyone looking for the tenth mickey. The last one is on the main Disney facebook page. On the left is Share the Memories, scroll through those pic's and you will see the tenth mickey. Just wanted to share. Good Luck everyone!!!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Fri 17, 2012 4:17 pm

Ok, this contest is giving me quite the headache :shock: I suppose it is worth it, but ugh, this is a lot of photos to sift through to find these silly hidden mickeys!

disneylizzy
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by disneylizzy » Feb Fri 17, 2012 5:59 pm

Amy wrote:

Someone said where to find the 10th one for at least the one contest. Here is their post ~ hope it helps you out disneylizzy. So far I have only found one for Disneyland and it doesn't let me click on it because I am trying to find the WDW mickeys :shock: Is that all you have to do is find it and click on it?? At least I sort of know what I am looking for now! And do the hidden Mickey's show up in the preview photos, or do you have to click on the photos and flip through them? There are waaaaay more photos of Duffy than I want to have to scroll through with how long Facebook takes to load photos :(
For everyone looking for the tenth mickey. The last one is on the main Disney facebook page. On the left is Share the Memories, scroll through those pic's and you will see the tenth mickey. Just wanted to share. Good Luck everyone!!!
Thanks! I will look there.

Another tip I have picked up is that I didn't find any mickeys in the general WALL photos albums. Also, every album w/ a hidden mickey in it, when you click on the album it says it was updated a week ago (I think it was updated last thurs) so that should narrow it down a bit. Also I didn't find any in the EITHER OR albums and when you look @ the albums, just look at the album where you can see the thumbnails & scroll your mouse over the photo & there you'll see the caption - if it says Congratulations you've found a mickey, then one is on that photo.

The fact that it is a huge PITA to do all of this makes me hope that maybe the odds of winning will be better!!

Also just found out about the John Carter Aulani Sweeps today. The link for that one is here: http://disney.go.com/johncarter/?int_cm ... tl#/sweeps

AND I found a sweepstakes for a trip to NYC to see Newsies - http://disney.go.com/theatre/newsiesthe ... eepstakes/

Almost all of them are daily entries....I'm going to have to add 10 minutes to my morning internet surfing routine!!!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Fri 17, 2012 7:40 pm

Thanks for the tips ~ and the additional sweeps to try. I decided today that maybe winning a trip is the best way to go again soon :lol:

disneylizzy
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by disneylizzy » Feb Fri 17, 2012 7:50 pm

Amy I did find the 10th mickey on the Share the Memories Page on the Disneyworld and Disneyland (for both sweeps) so thank you very much for that tip!

Now I have to go through the Disneyworld stuff again b/c somehow I only have 9 of those....go figure!! I thought I found all of the ones in the fb albums but will try again b/c I must have missed one somewhere.

Good luck guys!!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Fri 17, 2012 7:56 pm

disneylizzy wrote:Amy I did find the 10th mickey on the Share the Memories Page on the Disneyworld and Disneyland (for both sweeps) so thank you very much for that tip!

Now I have to go through the Disneyworld stuff again b/c somehow I only have 9 of those....go figure!! I thought I found all of the ones in the fb albums but will try again b/c I must have missed one somewhere.

Good luck guys!!
You are most welcome. I was hoping that was the one you were missing out of the one set of 10. I'm going to have to try later to look some more. I was going cross-eyed earlier this afternoon and I was getting grumpy :evil: Not the best mood before heading out to teach my lovely students :lol:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Fri 17, 2012 10:05 pm

Well, after searching for an hour this evening I have ended up with 9 hidden mickeys for DL and 7 for WDW. I think I am throwing in the towel for now.
I wouldn't get your hopes up on not many people entering. All the pages are abuzz with comments on the sweeps!

disneylizzy
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by disneylizzy » Feb Sat 18, 2012 11:28 am

Amy wrote:Well, after searching for an hour this evening I have ended up with 9 hidden mickeys for DL and 7 for WDW. I think I am throwing in the towel for now.
I wouldn't get your hopes up on not many people entering. All the pages are abuzz with comments on the sweeps!
If I go through the Disneyworld one again (which I prob will do sometime before the sweeps is over) I will make notes on where I picked up the mickeys in case those are ones that you don't have. I found the Disneyland ones easier to find - just seems to be more photos on the Disneyworld pages.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Sat 18, 2012 12:12 pm

disneylizzy wrote:
Amy wrote:Well, after searching for an hour this evening I have ended up with 9 hidden mickeys for DL and 7 for WDW. I think I am throwing in the towel for now.
If I go through the Disneyworld one again (which I prob will do sometime before the sweeps is over) I will make notes on where I picked up the mickeys in case those are ones that you don't have. I found the Disneyland ones easier to find - just seems to be more photos on the Disneyworld pages.
Thanks! I was a bit disheartened to have flipped through one of the albums with almost 300 photos :shock: and found nothing :(
I didn't really notice, can you just enter the one time? Each hidden Mickey counts as one entry right? But once you find all 10, does it reset and let you go again?

disneylizzy
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by disneylizzy » Feb Sat 18, 2012 4:17 pm

Yes you just enter the one each time. Once you're done, you're done - the max you can do is 10 for each sweeps

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Sat 18, 2012 4:37 pm

disneylizzy wrote:Yes you just enter the one each time. Once you're done, you're done - the max you can do is 10 for each sweeps
Good to know. I found the 10th one for DL today, and one more for WDW. Just 2 for WDW to go :D

disneylizzy
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by disneylizzy » Feb Sun 19, 2012 10:12 am

Did you already find the Photopass wdw one and the Duffy one?

The PHotopass one is on the Photo Tip of the Week album and its on the monorail & contemporary photo

The Duffy one is in the Duffy the Disney Bear Launch at Epcot album and its on the large photo of Duffy character holding the Duffy bear

Let me know where you haven't looked & I can help since I have to look at everything again to find the one I'm missing.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Sun 19, 2012 11:21 am

disneylizzy wrote:Did you already find the Photopass wdw one and the Duffy one?

The PHotopass one is on the Photo Tip of the Week album and its on the monorail & contemporary photo

The Duffy one is in the Duffy the Disney Bear Launch at Epcot album and its on the large photo of Duffy character holding the Duffy bear

Let me know where you haven't looked & I can help since I have to look at everything again to find the one I'm missing.
Yup, had both of these. I just found #9 under Walt Disney World ~ Walt Disney Thrills ~ Rock and Roller Coaster with Aerosmith (near the bottom)