Change in Facial Hair rules for Disney Parks

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Change in Facial Hair rules for Disney Parks

Post by Len90 » Jan Tue 24, 2012 12:09 pm

Male cast members are now being allowed to have goatees and beards so long as they stay well groomed and to a length of 1/2 inch. No neckbeards are allowed under the new rules.

http://www.wesh.com/r/30278416/detail.html

To me it is a huge change as it ends a 57 year rule which stated men were not allowed to have any facial hair. I personally am unhappy with the rule as it does go away from the original rules that Walt established.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Re: Change in Facial Hair rules for Disney Parks

Post by Wizzard419 » Jan Tue 24, 2012 2:14 pm

Actually, it's not. Men at DLR have been allowed to have moustaches for the last 10 years (if not longer).

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Tue 24, 2012 5:28 pm

Hmmmm. I'm undecided on this new change. I suppose it depends on how well they regulate it. Trimmed facial hair can look quite nice on a gentlemen. It could end up being a slippery slope toward allowing multiple piercings and tattoos though. It will be interesting to see how it pans out.
It does seem like it could be limited since I don't know many men who can grow a full beard in just a few days off. And I somehow doubt that there are that many people out there who have been putting off applying to work at Disney because they have facial hair :roll:

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Jan Tue 24, 2012 6:02 pm

They do allow piercings, it sounds like, but they can't be worn while working (probably for various reasons beyond appearance). While we say tatts aren't allowed, I can think of at least one princess that has a tramp stamp.

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Jan Tue 24, 2012 6:38 pm

Heard it yesterday. All I care about is the fact as of next week, office CMs get casual Friday. :mrgreen: JEANS!!! Yes. I'm so excited for that.

Len, men have been allowed a neatly trimmed moustache for a while now. The beard thing is new. Only a beard or a goatee, no soul patches. Trimmed 1/4 inch. Men can also wear a bracelet in certain work areas too (which, short of allergies, what man wears a bracelet? :? ).

Tattoos are a yes so long as they are completely covered.

I also like the new religious accommodation guidelines they are implementing for people of faiths who need certain clothing articles. I just love how Disney embraces diversity so well. Can't stand close-minded people or companies and Disney certainly is not that.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Jan Tue 24, 2012 7:11 pm

Soarin08 wrote:Heard it yesterday. All I care about is the fact as of next week, office CMs get casual Friday. :mrgreen: JEANS!!! Yes. I'm so excited for that.

Len, men have been allowed a neatly trimmed moustache for a while now. The beard thing is new. Only a beard or a goatee, no soul patches. Trimmed 1/4 inch. Men can also wear a bracelet in certain work areas too (which, short of allergies, what man wears a bracelet? :? ).

Tattoos are a yes so long as they are completely covered.

I also like the new religious accommodation guidelines they are implementing for people of faiths who need certain clothing articles. I just love how Disney embraces diversity so well. Can't stand close-minded people or companies and Disney certainly is not that.

Morgan Freeman tells you that he does, and that he will beat you with a hammer. :D

I never understood people's demands to conform to the way things were back in the 50's. The 50's weren't that great, it was a crime to marry a person of a different race, women could be locked up for wearing pants, etc. Disneyland isn't a museum, and people go to have fun not stare at the workers.

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Jan Tue 24, 2012 11:57 pm

There's a thread over in the News section... Let's continue the discussion over there: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7640&p=205505#p205505
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"