Anyone going to Disney on Leap Day for 24 hours?

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Anyone going to Disney on Leap Day for 24 hours?

Post by Amy » Feb Sun 05, 2012 11:45 am

SorcererDonald16 wrote:
Amy wrote:If I could go, I would have to stay in the parks all 24 hours in order to soak in the whole experience. And to be able to say I spent 24 hours in the Magic Kingdom :D
True. I guess I would just have to load up on caffeine in soda form and sugary desserts and snacks to muddle though, haha.

A Dole Whip, a churro, a sweet cream cheese pretzel, banana bread pudding, and an ice cream cookie sandwich all in one day would probably keep me hopping for 2 days, not just 24 hrs. :donald:
Or put you into a diabetic coma :shock: Although...if you spread those treats out over a 24 hour period, that's not so bad ;)

momeja
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by momeja » Feb Sun 05, 2012 4:15 pm

theBIGyowski wrote:I'd be willing to bet most of the guests that will be on property on Feb 29th have no interest in being in MK after hours. They have probably had their trips planned far in advance already too...before the Leap Day announcement.
My guess is that some of them will stay - at least until midnight or 1 am. Between 1 and 6, though, I bet you'll be able to walk onto any ride you want.

I think the key is not to stay there 24 hours but to sleep in the afternoon and arise like a vampire once the sun goes down for some all night fun. :hm_ghost:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » May Wed 09, 2012 8:59 pm

Just saw a few posts on Facebook about the taping of Modern Family goes to Disneyland episode. The filming was done on Leap Day. That seems weird to me that they would tape a television show there during what they would have to assume would be a busy day :? I taped the episode tonight but haven't watched it yet...

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » May Wed 09, 2012 9:40 pm

Possibly so there would be crowds there for the background and the weather would be agreeable?

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » May Thu 10, 2012 5:12 am

Agree with Wizz, and it probably made for a better promotional stunt for both the parks and the show itself.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » May Thu 10, 2012 7:15 am

Wizzard419 wrote:Possibly so there would be crowds there for the background and the weather would be agreeable?
Soarin08 wrote:Agree with Wizz, and it probably made for a better promotional stunt for both the parks and the show itself.
I suppose, it just seems like they wouldn't want to add the extra crew and logistics to a super busy day...

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » May Thu 10, 2012 2:46 pm

Might also be tied to the plot if they are supposed to be going when the park is slammed, cheaper to not pay for extras than to pay for them.