Space Mountain Fails to Help Long Peoplemover Wait Times

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

MansionButler
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Space Mountain Fails to Help Long Peoplemover Wait Times

Post by MansionButler » Sep Fri 09, 2011 12:39 pm

So, yesterday I'm in Tomorrowland, and I decide to ride Space Mountain.

Fortunately for me, no one else wanted to ride Space Mountain, as I was on in under 15 minutes, including just the sheer amount of time it takes to walk through the queue without stopping (got inside that little back tunnel before I stopped moving).

So, after my trip through the stars, I decided to do the Peoplemover. Where they had a full outdoor extended queue like I'd never seen for them -- including major attendance days -- set up, as well as the little indoor switchback. I thought it must have been for Astro Orbiter at first, but no, it was the TTA. So on a day when Space Mountain had almost as short a mid-afternoon wait as you could ever hope for, the Peoplemover was the longest line for it I have ever stood in.

What?

Anyway, share your "this doesn't make sense" stories from the parks.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Space Mountain Fails to Help Long Peoplemover Wait Times

Post by Amy » Sep Fri 09, 2011 5:25 pm

That is a strange one :shock: Normally peoplemover is a walk-on, or at the very least a 5 minute wait. What time was this?!

MansionButler

Post by MansionButler » Sep Fri 09, 2011 5:40 pm

Around 4:00, so not even that long after parade dump.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Fri 09, 2011 11:00 pm

MansionButler wrote:Around 4:00, so not even that long after parade dump.
Weird...was it really hot so maybe people had headed back to the resort for pool-time? ~ Well, all those except the ones in the Peoplemover line of course ;)

MansionButler

Post by MansionButler » Sep Sat 10, 2011 12:55 am

Amy wrote:
MansionButler wrote:Around 4:00, so not even that long after parade dump.
Weird...was it really hot so maybe people had headed back to the resort for pool-time? ~ Well, all those except the ones in the Peoplemover line of course ;)
Nope. It was just People Mover Appreciation Day or something.

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by MadEye » Sep Sat 10, 2011 12:29 pm

Interesting. Later in the day (after 5:15), there was no line for TTA on the ground. We just walked up the ramp and waited about half a minute before the turntable because the people in front of us couldn't figure out how many people were in their group.
We are all a little weird
And life's a little weird,
And when we find someone whose
Weirdness is compatible with ours,
We join up with them and fall in
Mutual weirdness and call it Love.”
― Dr. Seuss

Eames: Listen, if you're gonna perform INCEPTION, you need IMAGINATION.

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by NaCler » Sep Sun 11, 2011 8:48 pm

Strangely enough I have seen this too. Actually, it was during the December MM trip. There was a switchback maze at the bottom of the ramp. It moved quickly, so no problem. But it was hard to believe that the line had gotten so long.

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by MadEye » Sep Mon 12, 2011 8:03 pm

Sometimes if it gets too crowded at the top, they hold the line at the bottom so the ramp doesn't deposit more people at the top start overcrowding and cause an injury from the ramp. Compound this with guests who don't know how many people are in their party or just aren't paying attention and the line at the bottom can grow.
We are all a little weird
And life's a little weird,
And when we find someone whose
Weirdness is compatible with ours,
We join up with them and fall in
Mutual weirdness and call it Love.”
― Dr. Seuss

Eames: Listen, if you're gonna perform INCEPTION, you need IMAGINATION.

yodiwan1
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate

Post by yodiwan1 » Sep Tue 13, 2011 1:15 pm

has anyone ever taken a picture of these lines?? I CANT BELIEVE IT!!!! lol
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Sep Tue 13, 2011 1:36 pm

yodiwan1 wrote:has anyone ever taken a picture of these lines?? I CANT BELIEVE IT!!!! lol
No pictures, but I know from past experiences this has happened. When I was there back in Dec 2010 and in Mar 2010. Peoplemover lines from my experiences have been common.

Croaker
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by Croaker » Sep Wed 14, 2011 7:45 pm

October of 2010 we witnessed it too. i think its all the appreciation that sites like Subsonic give it cause people to actually visit it. with that said, has anyone visited the Awesome Hall of Presidents lately? or the Pristine Quality of the Tomorrowland Speedway? the Tantilizing Tiki Room! Joyus It's a Small World and lets not forget the incredible audio of The Country Bear Jamboree! eat your heart out Bose!
[img]http://www.oleole.es/main/web/images/manchester-united_banner.jpg[/img]

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Sep Thu 15, 2011 1:41 am

Glad to hear it! The TTA is one of the most underrated of Disney's attractions... I love to get on it and just sit there for about five rides around. The cast never care, in fact it's usually encouraged especially during slow times.

Polynesian Princess
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Post by Polynesian Princess » Sep Tue 20, 2011 10:02 am

Back in March, we were hunting a classic Mickey and Minnie plush to add to our Disney plush collection (I know, I know, it's awful we don't already have them :lol: ). We went to a few of the shops on Main Street when leaving the Magic Kingdom and could find hundreds of variations of Mickey and Minnie in various outfits and themes, but not a single classic one.

We started searching *everywhere* and still couldn't find one. We kept asking cast members, but they'd always say "I guess we're sold out - try *insert different store name*". One even told me "Oh - they don't make those anymore!" :lol: Finally at the World of Disney, a cast member actually knew what was going on and said something had happened and there was this huge back order on them, so they weren't sure at the moment when they would be back.
Can't wait to take my twin boys on their first trip to Walt Disney World! Planning on heading there sometime Feb-May 2014!

Goofyfan

Post by Goofyfan » Oct Tue 04, 2011 7:49 pm

Polynesian Princess wrote:Back in March, we were hunting a classic Mickey and Minnie plush to add to our Disney plush collection (I know, I know, it's awful we don't already have them :lol: ). We went to a few of the shops on Main Street when leaving the Magic Kingdom and could find hundreds of variations of Mickey and Minnie in various outfits and themes, but not a single classic one.

We started searching *everywhere* and still couldn't find one. We kept asking cast members, but they'd always say "I guess we're sold out - try *insert different store name*". One even told me "Oh - they don't make those anymore!" :lol: Finally at the World of Disney, a cast member actually knew what was going on and said something had happened and there was this huge back order on them, so they weren't sure at the moment when they would be back.

P Princess: I hope you get your Mickey and Minnie soon. I know how it is when you have your heart set on a certain item and can't find it. Good luck. :)

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Oct Tue 04, 2011 10:42 pm

Polynesian Princess wrote:Back in March, we were hunting a classic Mickey and Minnie plush to add to our Disney plush collection (I know, I know, it's awful we don't already have them :lol: ). We went to a few of the shops on Main Street when leaving the Magic Kingdom and could find hundreds of variations of Mickey and Minnie in various outfits and themes, but not a single classic one.

Sounds like my mad hunt for Perry the Platypus on my last trip... ended up finding him on the Disney Store's website though so that's an option if you never can find one in the parks! You'd think classic Mickey and Minnie would be abundant.