The future of Tomorrowland

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

London Evans
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Re: The future of Tomorrowland

Post by London Evans » Aug Mon 22, 2011 8:18 am

stinoi wrote:I agree that some work needs to be done in TL. Stitch doesn't fit TL particularly due to the fact that the move is set in the modern day. There's nothing "tomorrow' about that. The same could be said for Buzz. I think Wizzard 419 nailed it on the head--WDW's TL feels more like a spaceport. I'd rather see some imagination as to what the future will be. A bleak view of tomorrow is depressing. I'm already bummed by what it cost me to get into the park, so I don't want to be even more bummed on my vacation by a portrayal of a bleak future. I think it should focus more on a theme of hope and unity for the future which is far more fitting with the original idea and more appropriate for a family park anyway.
you nailed it.
:D

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Re: The future of Tomorrowland

Post by Wizzard419 » Aug Mon 22, 2011 11:44 pm

Unity is boring though, most movies about the future feature a utopian fascade with loads of awful stuff going on under it, or a full on dystopia where the past's actions sent the world to hell. :D

So strap on your leather bodice and cod-piece or slip into your speed suit cause it's going to be a bumpy ride!