Experiences with CMs- care to share?

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

UncleScrooge477
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Re: Experiences with CMs- care to share?

Post by UncleScrooge477 » Jan Mon 16, 2012 8:55 pm

Just another quick note on the Barber Shop - I searched google images for harmony barber shop, and a link at themouseforless from 2010 says the barber shop is now reservation only, and you have to do it a day in advance. They say to call 407-WDW-PLAY (407-939-7529) at least a day in advance. And it said colored gel was up to $7.50 (maybe that's where I saw it earlier...). And, opps, it's Michal, not Michael...
UncleScrooge477

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Tue 17, 2012 8:11 am

UncleScrooge477 wrote:Just looked today to find Michael's name - Allears site says "$19 for adults and $15 for children 12 and under. Colored hair gel, $5. Beard and mustache trims are $10. "First Haircuts" is the establishment's specialty. Young Walt Disney World guests who receive their first haircut at the Magic Kingdom barbershop are treated to many delightful surprises, from "pixie dust" and bubbles to Mickey Mouse stickers, and an extra-special "My 1st Haircut" set of Mouse Ears and certificate. The "My 1st Haircut" special is priced at $18."

I think that's right, but I thought I saw a reference to $7.50 for colored hair gel. Don't forget to factor in a tip! But sometimes there are other specials that come your way - I got a couple of untimed fast passes one time, pixie dust (glitter) another, and so forth. GREAT FUN.
I'm surprised more people don't have their children's hair cut there. That is a great price, especially for all you receive with the 1st haircut package! That would be fun. I'll have to keep this in mind for my Mom the next time we are down there. She would get a kick out of it I imagine :D

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Feb Fri 03, 2012 11:02 am

Just this past visit we stayed at the Innkeepers Club at the Boardwalk, we have never had a group of CM's be nicer! They were totally genuine and went out of their way to be nice to us and get us anything we wanted!!! We plan to write a letter, still haven't gotten around to that. We've stayed in other Club Levels and never had an experience like this. It was seriously hard to say good-bye to everyone when we were leaving!!!

SorcererDonald16
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by SorcererDonald16 » Feb Sun 05, 2012 5:26 am

Soarin08 wrote:[No, they get rewarded, I know this because when hockeygirl visited me in March, she emailed in the names of everyone she thought deserved recognition and Mr. Brit was one of them and he told me later on he got the money. It depends. There's a meeting and they present the money to the CM, I think sometimes they do tell who wrote it. I knew who gave me mine because my managers did mention the names of the guests. Generally I just request mine to be delivered anonymously but the CMs pretty much know it's me based on what I write if it's someone I know.
Is this still the case now? I did not know this! They always send me a feedback survey link on a postcard after I get home, and I list my positive experiences there. But I can never remember anyone's names!

Next time I go, I will have to jot down names along the way and then send in emails when I get home.

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Feb Sat 11, 2012 9:51 pm

SorcererDonald16 wrote:
Soarin08 wrote:[No, they get rewarded, I know this because when hockeygirl visited me in March, she emailed in the names of everyone she thought deserved recognition and Mr. Brit was one of them and he told me later on he got the money. It depends. There's a meeting and they present the money to the CM, I think sometimes they do tell who wrote it. I knew who gave me mine because my managers did mention the names of the guests. Generally I just request mine to be delivered anonymously but the CMs pretty much know it's me based on what I write if it's someone I know.
Is this still the case now? I did not know this! They always send me a feedback survey link on a postcard after I get home, and I list my positive experiences there. But I can never remember anyone's names!

Next time I go, I will have to jot down names along the way and then send in emails when I get home.
It is indeed! :) So if someone really impresses you, if you remember their name, then just go to guest relations and take it from there. :)

Lion Sleeps Tonight
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by Lion Sleeps Tonight » Feb Sun 12, 2012 10:35 pm

Agreed. And it goes both ways. CMs very much appreciate recognition for their work, but they also would like to know who is recognizing them and for what reasons.

Don't forget you can also request a Guest Service Fanatic card to write out for the CM; the turnaround is faster.
"A pirate in irons be full o' guile.
And the blackest 'art wears the broadest smile."

Oh, and "Welcome Home."

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Feb Mon 13, 2012 9:33 pm

Oh, Guest Fanatic Cards... I love getting those. :wink: :) For me from a guest or coworker, that is!

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Feb Mon 13, 2012 10:01 pm

boilerbabe wrote:Just this past visit we stayed at the Innkeepers Club at the Boardwalk, we have never had a group of CM's be nicer! They were totally genuine and went out of their way to be nice to us and get us anything we wanted!!! We plan to write a letter, still haven't gotten around to that. We've stayed in other Club Levels and never had an experience like this. It was seriously hard to say good-bye to everyone when we were leaving!!!
We got moved to the Beach Club when we got stranded due to the hurricane and Disney moved us to a room that ended up having club access. It was our first time enjoying the club level and wow was the staff friendly. It worked out to Mark and I going up every afternoon for cookies and an adult beverage. Towards the end of the stay they knew what I wanted when I walked in and brought it out right when I sat down. The CMs also worked feverishly to get us dining reservations for the nights we would be at the parks. They really spoiled me and I am worried that I'll never be able to go back to WDW and stay without the club level service.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Feb Mon 13, 2012 10:08 pm

Len it's in part thanks to your bragging on Beach Club and me reporting what you say about the resort and the CMs to my mom that I'm trying to book that one next time my family comes. :)

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Feb Mon 13, 2012 10:50 pm

Soarin08 wrote:Len it's in part thanks to your bragging on Beach Club and me reporting what you say about the resort and the CMs to my mom that I'm trying to book that one next time my family comes. :)
I have nothing but amazing things to say about that place. The experiences I have had with the CMs there is a reflection of the management which is phenomenal at those resorts. Another great thing is the staff there is consistent. I can recognize the same CMs at that place each year we go back. It literally is like a home coming whenever we check-in.

Just typing this up brings a tear to the eye as I am desperately hoping to go back VERY soon. ;) ;)
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

jeremyleo
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

Post by jeremyleo » Feb Tue 14, 2012 1:00 pm

On a family trip in 2005 (this one really stood out for me), one of my kids forgot their disposable camera at a restaraunt (I think O'hana) on our last night. We weren't too upset because it was just a $10 camera that we bought for the kids to use themselves on the trip to snap their own photos, but we called to see if they had found it so we could pick it up the next day. The CM I spoke to asked where we were staying and offered to drop it off at our hotel (Pop) after her shift, on her way home. Although I insisted that this was not necessary, she insisted that it was no trouble and she would leave it with the front desk, which she did. My son was thrilled to get his camera back with all his own Disney pictures.

On the same trip, earlier in the week, my son lost his first tooth at WDW (I may have told this story here before) while staying at OKW (split-stay that trip). He was concerned that the tooth fairy might not be able to find him, so he wrote a letter to the front desk (picture it - kids scrawl in crayon) asking them to direct the tooth fairy to our room if she was looking for him. We delivered the letter to the front desk and went out for dinner. To our surprise, when we returned, the tooth fairy had found our room (with Mickey's help, according to the photo of Mickey exclaiming "we found you") and left some baloons and other treats for DS.

This trip, in particular, we were reminded how seemingly small acts by some dedicated and caring CMs show us how truly magical Disney can be. The people make the experience.

We sent letters when we got home.
Can't get back to WDW soon enought, but alas, no immediate plans...

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Tue 14, 2012 1:05 pm

jeremyleo wrote:On a family trip in 2005 (this one really stood out for me), one of my kids forgot their disposable camera at a restaraunt (I think O'hana) on our last night. We weren't too upset because it was just a $10 camera that we bought for the kids to use themselves on the trip to snap their own photos, but we called to see if they had found it so we could pick it up the next day. The CM I spoke to asked where we were staying and offered to drop it off at our hotel (Pop) after her shift, on her way home. Although I insisted that this was not necessary, she insisted that it was no trouble and she would leave it with the front desk, which she did. My son was thrilled to get his camera back with all his own Disney pictures.

On the same trip, earlier in the week, my son lost his first tooth at WDW (I may have told this story here before) while staying at OKW (split-stay that trip). He was concerned that the tooth fairy might not be able to find him, so he wrote a letter to the front desk (picture it - kids scrawl in crayon) asking them to direct the tooth fairy to our room if she was looking for him. We delivered the letter to the front desk and went out for dinner. To our surprise, when we returned, the tooth fairy had found our room (with Mickey's help, according to the photo of Mickey exclaiming "we found you") and left some baloons and other treats for DS.

This trip, in particular, we were reminded how seemingly small acts by some dedicated and caring CMs show us how truly magical Disney can be. The people make the experience.

Those are awesome stories! I can just imagine the front desk CM's scurrying around to help the tooth fairy ;) :D

mills10

Post by mills10 » Feb Tue 14, 2012 5:08 pm

jeremyleo wrote: On the same trip, earlier in the week, my son lost his first tooth at WDW (I may have told this story here before) while staying at OKW (split-stay that trip). He was concerned that the tooth fairy might not be able to find him, so he wrote a letter to the front desk (picture it - kids scrawl in crayon) asking them to direct the tooth fairy to our room if she was looking for him. We delivered the letter to the front desk and went out for dinner. To our surprise, when we returned, the tooth fairy had found our room (with Mickey's help, according to the photo of Mickey exclaiming "we found you") and left some baloons and other treats for DS.
It is things like this that make Disney so great in my eyes!! Great story!!

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Feb Tue 14, 2012 6:33 pm

jeremyleo wrote:On a family trip in 2005 (this one really stood out for me), one of my kids forgot their disposable camera at a restaraunt (I think O'hana) on our last night. We weren't too upset because it was just a $10 camera that we bought for the kids to use themselves on the trip to snap their own photos, but we called to see if they had found it so we could pick it up the next day. The CM I spoke to asked where we were staying and offered to drop it off at our hotel (Pop) after her shift, on her way home. Although I insisted that this was not necessary, she insisted that it was no trouble and she would leave it with the front desk, which she did. My son was thrilled to get his camera back with all his own Disney pictures.

Amazing! Especially the tooth fairy story. Classic WDW magic! :D

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Feb Tue 14, 2012 7:13 pm

Those are 2 very magical stories! That is the kind of magic that makes us love Disney so much!