Why should I take a Disney Cruise?

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Re: Why should I take a Disney Cruise?

Post by Wizzard419 » Mar Mon 14, 2011 9:26 pm

yodiwan1 wrote:It was the best decision of my life.

I'm sure your, at the time, new wife felt great about that. :lol:

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » Mar Tue 15, 2011 5:06 pm

My wife and I did a non-Disney 7-night Med cruise last spring and it was fantastic. A different port each day, relaxing on the ship in between. Oh, and the balcony room didn't hurt!
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.

northernmousefan2007
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by northernmousefan2007 » Mar Wed 16, 2011 2:35 pm

I love Disney cruising. The ship is fantastic, a real joy to be on. It is incredibly clean, not a single dirty corner on the whole ship. I used the bathrooms a lot to wash my face because it was hot, I never once went into a bathroom where the toilet paper wasn't pressed with the mickey logo, also there was never a drop of water on the sinks or counters. The crew is extremely friendly, every time you pass they smile and greet you. Another unexpected thing, everybody is in a great mood, you never hear any fellow guests complaining, or otherwise unhappy. The weather was awful at castaway cay, we got 3 inches of rain that day plus 35 mile an hour winds. Despite that moral on the ship was great, crew and guests alike. At the parks when the weather is bad everybody is just miserable, even though its the happiest place on earth. There is something to do all the time, for any age. I like to avoid the kids since I don't have any of my own, the only time I ever heard screaming loud kids was the trip past the mickey pool to the soda station. On the final day of a 4 night cruise on the Wonder we had 30 foot swells and high winds, it was so fun! The pools were sloshing with 6 foot waves and spray was hitting our veranda on deck 7. I'm rambling now but another cool thing is the value. You stay at a concierge level room, eat like a king, and have things to do all day. All that is less per day then a moderate resort at the parks.

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Mar Wed 16, 2011 3:37 pm

northernmousefan2007 wrote:I love Disney cruising. The ship is fantastic, a real joy to be on. It is incredibly clean, not a single dirty corner on the whole ship. I used the bathrooms a lot to wash my face because it was hot, I never once went into a bathroom where the toilet paper wasn't pressed with the mickey logo, also there was never a drop of water on the sinks or counters. The crew is extremely friendly, every time you pass they smile and greet you. Another unexpected thing, everybody is in a great mood, you never hear any fellow guests complaining, or otherwise unhappy. The weather was awful at castaway cay, we got 3 inches of rain that day plus 35 mile an hour winds. Despite that moral on the ship was great, crew and guests alike. At the parks when the weather is bad everybody is just miserable, even though its the happiest place on earth. There is something to do all the time, for any age. I like to avoid the kids since I don't have any of my own, the only time I ever heard screaming loud kids was the trip past the mickey pool to the soda station. On the final day of a 4 night cruise on the Wonder we had 30 foot swells and high winds, it was so fun! The pools were sloshing with 6 foot waves and spray was hitting our veranda on deck 7. I'm rambling now but another cool thing is the value. You stay at a concierge level room, eat like a king, and have things to do all day. All that is less per day then a moderate resort at the parks.

You've sold me!! Now I want to go!!
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Wed 16, 2011 6:15 pm

northernmousefan2007 wrote:I love Disney cruising. The ship is fantastic, a real joy to be on. It is incredibly clean, not a single dirty corner on the whole ship. I used the bathrooms a lot to wash my face because it was hot, I never once went into a bathroom where the toilet paper wasn't pressed with the mickey logo, also there was never a drop of water on the sinks or counters. The crew is extremely friendly, every time you pass they smile and greet you. Another unexpected thing, everybody is in a great mood, you never hear any fellow guests complaining, or otherwise unhappy. The weather was awful at castaway cay, we got 3 inches of rain that day plus 35 mile an hour winds. Despite that moral on the ship was great, crew and guests alike. At the parks when the weather is bad everybody is just miserable, even though its the happiest place on earth. There is something to do all the time, for any age. I like to avoid the kids since I don't have any of my own, the only time I ever heard screaming loud kids was the trip past the mickey pool to the soda station. On the final day of a 4 night cruise on the Wonder we had 30 foot swells and high winds, it was so fun! The pools were sloshing with 6 foot waves and spray was hitting our veranda on deck 7. I'm rambling now but another cool thing is the value. You stay at a concierge level room, eat like a king, and have things to do all day. All that is less per day then a moderate resort at the parks.
You make it sound great ~ even with the iffy weather you had!

northernmousefan2007
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by northernmousefan2007 » Mar Wed 16, 2011 10:30 pm

Amy wrote: You make it sound great ~ even with the iffy weather you had!
I want a job as a online travel agent, I hope somebody who owns one sees this. :D

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Thu 17, 2011 6:10 am

northernmousefan2007 wrote:
I want a job as a online travel agent, I hope somebody who owns one sees this. :D
Do they have such a thing? If so, you would do very well at that job!

northernmousefan2007
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by northernmousefan2007 » Mar Thu 17, 2011 6:25 am

Amy wrote:
Do they have such a thing? If so, you would do very well at that job!
Yes like smallworld vacations, and mousefan travel.

momeja
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by momeja » Mar Thu 17, 2011 2:17 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:
yodiwan1 wrote:It was the best decision of my life.

I'm sure your, at the time, new wife felt great about that. :lol:
:lol:

Seriously, though, if you have kids and want an easy experience that will give you alone time without sacrificing their happiness, a Disneycruise is a great option. I'm not a cruiser by nature (no jokes,peeps :wink: ), but I had a great time on the Disneycruise I took with my DD and my BFF, her godmother. We had together time. We had alone time. And we all three had a great time. Ever since then, the other two have been begging to go, so I just might do it again!

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Mar Mon 21, 2011 10:46 am

The Dis has on-line travel agents.
Here's a link:

http://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/packages/index.htm

This is the Dis's travel component Dreams Unlimited.
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

proudcanuck
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Post by proudcanuck » Apr Tue 05, 2011 3:00 pm

I live in Vancouver, BC and a Disney
cruiseship is going to start stopping here soon. Our family is going to try it as we won't have to worry about round trip airfare.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Apr Tue 05, 2011 3:50 pm

proudcanuck wrote:I live in Vancouver, BC and a Disney
cruiseship is going to start stopping here soon. Our family is going to try it as we won't have to worry about round trip airfare.
Nice! That takes off a huge chunk of the expense right there eliminating the airfare!

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Apr Wed 06, 2011 1:14 pm

Plus you can run over whales!

proudcanuck

Post by proudcanuck » Apr Fri 08, 2011 2:16 am

I'm so disappointed. This year, the home port for Disney's Alaska cruises is here in Vancouver. It was just annouced that next year it won't be coming back here, and going down to Seattle. My family was planning on doing an Alaskan Disney cruise next yearout of Vancouver. Fortunately, it's only a 3 hour drive down to Seattle , but a bit more inconvenient due to the extra travel time and costs. :(

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Apr Fri 08, 2011 6:20 am

proudcanuck wrote:I'm so disappointed. This year, the home port for Disney's Alaska cruises is here in Vancouver. It was just annouced that next year it won't be coming back here, and going down to Seattle. My family was planning on doing an Alaskan Disney cruise next yearout of Vancouver. Fortunately, it's only a 3 hour drive down to Seattle , but a bit more inconvenient due to the extra travel time and costs. :(
That's too bad proudcanuck. I know you were looking forward to just hopping on the cruise ship in your hometown. At least 3 hours isn't too far away and you can still drive rather than fly :D