In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Re: Coronado Springs Resort

Post by MmeLeota » Sep Tue 13, 2011 12:02 pm

Amy wrote:
Mouseoholic wrote:...To answer your question, we stayed in Buiding 9B and loved it. According to the staff it was the nicest building on property. It was close to the main lobby, great view of the lake and the bus was just around the corner. However, be aware if you are the first to get on the bus you are the last at the end of the day. The bus will go around the resort and come back to the main building last. This can seem to take forever but we did not mind. It is also not to far from the pool which I imagine your kids will just love.
Mouseoholic!
One good thing about first on the bus, you are almost certainly guaranteed a seat! That was one thing we found staying at the Caribbean Beach, the bus could be full by the time it made it's way around and then you had to stand on the way to the parks :(
I hope this isn't going to be an issue in January. Especially since we will have an ECV too. :shock: I'm not familiar with the resorts other than we took one day in 2003 to "hop" to several resorts just to walk the grounds. It actually made for a really nice day.

Coronado Springs was the third on our list of resorts to try out for January. When we walked the grounds in '03, I remember the theming was beautiful and I love the whole "southwest" theme anyway.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Tue 13, 2011 1:17 pm

MmeLeota wrote:I hope this isn't going to be an issue in January. Especially since we will have an ECV too. :shock: I'm not familiar with the resorts other than we took one day in 2003 to "hop" to several resorts just to walk the grounds. It actually made for a really nice day.

Coronado Springs was the third on our list of resorts to try out for January. When we walked the grounds in '03, I remember the theming was beautiful and I love the whole "southwest" theme anyway.
I don't remember, which resort are you staying at in January?
With an ECV you will maybe have to wait through a bus or two. It depends on how many ECVs are in line or already on the bus from other stops. That is one of the advantages of the All Stars having their own buses. You were pretty much guaranteed to get on if you were first or second in the ECV line. Otherwise we knew we had to wait. The only time that was different was sometimes when the parks were closing, they would lump all the All Star resorts together and then was quite a line-up. It was never too long of a wait though.
You will want to develop a bit of a thick skin for all the people that are standing and sighing in the bus line while you are getting yourself and the ECV loaded though. They act like it takes much longer than the 5 minutes or so it takes to get you on and secured. I learned to mostly tune them out, but I really wanted to let some of the ruder commenters have it sometimes. Yes, you have to wait while we got F1gment (and whomever else) on and situated, but once we get to the parks, we will have to wait while you all get off before we can exit the bus. Sort of works out better for those standing in line in the end. You get in to the parks sooner anyhow :roll: and also off the bus and headed toward the foot court/rooms at the hotel at the end of the evening....

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Sep Tue 13, 2011 1:45 pm

We're staying at Caribbean Beach. I'm hoping hubby will be able to get himself on and off the bus ok. I know I would have trouble trying to drive that thing. :shock:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Tue 13, 2011 1:48 pm

MmeLeota wrote:We're staying at Caribbean Beach. I'm hoping hubby will be able to get himself on and off the bus ok. I know I would have trouble trying to drive that thing. :shock:
Just go slow and hope you have a patient bus driver! Sometimes they would park it on there for Mom, but mostly she had to do it herself. If she was having a stressful day, I would do it for her. We only had one bus driver that wasn't very nice, and it turned out he was rather new and wasn't really comfortable with the procedure yet, so he was fine after we talked him through it :lol:
Caribbean Beach is one of the resorts with the multiple stops so depending on where you are getting on, you might have to wait for a new bus. It shouldn't be bad. The CM's that they had in front of All Stars in the morning would request more buses for various resorts depending on the lines.

momeja
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by momeja » Oct Wed 12, 2011 12:40 pm

Mme. L., I thought you were going to stay at POFQ? What made you decide to switch?

Btw, if you stay at Caribbean Beach, be sure to be careful about your request for a building. It's a HUGE resort and can involve a lot of walking if you're in a far building.

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Post by Mousekedude » Oct Fri 14, 2011 8:32 pm

Amy wrote:
Goofyfan wrote:We will be staying at CS this february for the second time. We did enjoy the grounds and the rooms. We stayed at the Casitas last October and enjoyed it very much. The grounds are gorgeous and well cared for. The convention people can be a little loud but who cares. by the time we get to our room at night we are exhausted and could sleep through anything. There is a lot of walking and it does take some time to get to El Centro. Especialy when pushing a wheel chair. We did have dinner at the Maya Grill and it is very good. The Pepper Market isn't bad either. It does get a little confusing for people with young kids. there are too many stations and if everyone wants something different, your food will be cold before everyone will get a chance to sit down together. We enjoyed our stay there and will be back there 2/2/12. Can't wait.
That helps me decide that this resort wouldn't be for us. My Mom and I rarely eat the same thing, she has to use an ECV or wheelchair to get around, and I can't sleep very well with noise. I had been considering Coronado since I had heard so many nice things about it but I'm thinking we wouldn't fare well there...maybe we can just take a little time and go look at the nice ground and theming instead :D Thanks for the insider tips!
Let me jump in here for a minute....
Amy, having spent time with you and F1gment last year and therefore knowing your needs and limitations pretty well, and having also stayed at Coronado Springs, I have to say that you shouldn't rule it out entirely. Yes, others have made some comments about it that might make you think twice... but if you step back and look at the big picture, those very same comments could apply equally to any other resort... Just fill in the blank. The truth is, Coronado Springs is very nicely laid out and accessible for someone in an ECV. And as far as the "convention noise"... well, we didn't have a problem at all with it. As long as you're not staying right in the main building where the convention rooms are, you're fine. The "noise" on the rest of the property is no worse than any other moderate resort... and better than most value resorts, actually! I would highly recommend CS to anyone who wants the "deluxe resort" experience on a "moderate budget" price! Oh, and by the way... there is plenty of variety, as far as "munchables" are concerned... :lol:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Fri 14, 2011 9:54 pm

Mousekedude wrote:Let me jump in here for a minute....
Amy, having spent time with you and F1gment last year and therefore knowing your needs and limitations pretty well, and having also stayed at Coronado Springs, I have to say that you shouldn't rule it out entirely. Yes, others have made some comments about it that might make you think twice... but if you step back and look at the big picture, those very same comments could apply equally to any other resort... Just fill in the blank. The truth is, Coronado Springs is very nicely laid out and accessible for someone in an ECV. And as far as the "convention noise"... well, we didn't have a problem at all with it. As long as you're not staying right in the main building where the convention rooms are, you're fine. The "noise" on the rest of the property is no worse than any other moderate resort... and better than most value resorts, actually! I would highly recommend CS to anyone who wants the "deluxe resort" experience on a "moderate budget" price! Oh, and by the way... there is plenty of variety, as far as "munchables" are concerned... :lol:
Thanks for the thoughts M-dude. It sounds like I might want to check into staying at CS if I make it down for just a few days in January!

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Post by Mousekedude » Oct Sat 15, 2011 1:32 pm

Amy wrote:
Mousekedude wrote:Let me jump in here for a minute....
Thanks for the thoughts M-dude. It sounds like I might want to check into staying at CS if I make it down for just a few days in January!
Good girl... I mean, "at least you should look into it, then make an informed decision..." :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

flyer32
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard

Post by flyer32 » Nov Fri 18, 2011 10:02 pm

This is a fantastic resort....love this one, it is very nice.

Goofyfan
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by Goofyfan » Nov Sun 20, 2011 10:25 am

flyer32 wrote:This is a fantastic resort....love this one, it is very nice.

flyer32: I echo your post... awsome resort. Dont let the large grounds scare you away.

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by NaCler » Nov Mon 21, 2011 7:50 pm

I've only stayed there once but I really enjoyed the scenery and enjoyed the stay. I get the pleasure of staying there in 2 weeks, so maybe I can add a little more then.