Coronado Springs Resort

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Re: Coronado Springs Resort

Post by MadEye » Jan Sun 16, 2011 6:49 pm

I've stayed there once and while I was mostly out of the room for most of that trip, I'd gladly stay there again.
We are all a little weird
And life's a little weird,
And when we find someone whose
Weirdness is compatible with ours,
We join up with them and fall in
Mutual weirdness and call it Love.”
― Dr. Seuss

Eames: Listen, if you're gonna perform INCEPTION, you need IMAGINATION.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jan Sun 16, 2011 8:03 pm

MadEye wrote:I've stayed there once and while I was mostly out of the room for most of that trip, I'd gladly stay there again.
When you live in WDW's backyard, why would you have to stay at the Coronado?

Mouseoholic
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Mouseoholic » Jan Sun 16, 2011 9:03 pm

davea61 wrote:Thanks for the replies!! I knew I could count on you all for advice.

Just a few more general questions:

Being that it's such a large resort, can anyone recommend which section to stay in with young kids (ages 16 to 10).
We also have our parent's coming with us (80+). Is there a section that's closer to the main building?

Thanks again.
To answer your question, we stayed in Buiding 9B and loved it. According to the staff it was the nicest building on property. It was close to the main lobby, great view of the lake and the bus was just around the corner. However, be aware if you are the first to get on the bus you are the last at the end of the day. The bus will go around the resort and come back to the main building last. This can seem to take forever but we did not mind. It is also not to far from the pool which I imagine your kids will just love.

Mouseoholic!

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by MadEye » Jan Sun 16, 2011 9:14 pm

mindflipper wrote:
MadEye wrote:I've stayed there once and while I was mostly out of the room for most of that trip, I'd gladly stay there again.
When you live in WDW's backyard, why would you have to stay at the Coronado?
This was back in 2004, before I lived here.
We are all a little weird
And life's a little weird,
And when we find someone whose
Weirdness is compatible with ours,
We join up with them and fall in
Mutual weirdness and call it Love.”
― Dr. Seuss

Eames: Listen, if you're gonna perform INCEPTION, you need IMAGINATION.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Sun 16, 2011 9:17 pm

Mouseoholic wrote:...To answer your question, we stayed in Buiding 9B and loved it. According to the staff it was the nicest building on property. It was close to the main lobby, great view of the lake and the bus was just around the corner. However, be aware if you are the first to get on the bus you are the last at the end of the day. The bus will go around the resort and come back to the main building last. This can seem to take forever but we did not mind. It is also not to far from the pool which I imagine your kids will just love.
Mouseoholic!
One good thing about first on the bus, you are almost certainly guaranteed a seat! That was one thing we found staying at the Caribbean Beach, the bus could be full by the time it made it's way around and then you had to stand on the way to the parks :(

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jan Sun 16, 2011 10:11 pm

The buses were different for EPCOT resorts: the Swan was the first stop picking up, and the Swan was the first stop dropping off. The Boardwalk was the last resort for picking up and dropping off.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Mon 17, 2011 8:02 am

mindflipper wrote:The buses were different for EPCOT resorts: the Swan was the first stop picking up, and the Swan was the first stop dropping off. The Boardwalk was the last resort for picking up and dropping off.
That is one of the advantages of the value resorts, more buses dedicated to each specific park :D

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jan Mon 17, 2011 10:24 am

Amy wrote:
mindflipper wrote:The buses were different for EPCOT resorts: the Swan was the first stop picking up, and the Swan was the first stop dropping off. The Boardwalk was the last resort for picking up and dropping off.
That is one of the advantages of the value resorts, more buses dedicated to each specific park :D
...or the advantage of staying at the resort that is the first pick-up and drop-off spots on the route. :D

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Mon 17, 2011 11:00 am

mindflipper wrote:
Amy wrote:
...or the advantage of staying at the resort that is the first pick-up and drop-off spots on the route. :D
Yeah, you got me there :D I'm afraid the deluxe resorts are out of our price range though :( Maybe if we only stayed for one night we could do it though ;)

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Jan Tue 18, 2011 11:58 am

I'm late to this conversation...but we do love Coronado. If we could not afford to stay deluxe we would stay at Coronado. I've stayed there 3 times and on my most recent stay there (10/10), I noticed how lush and grown in everything is. My mom and I visited some friends in Fl. this past Oct. and stayed on property. We were in building 3 and liked the views and how close it was to the main lobby. We like the food court area, I think they have the best quick service and the food is good! I prefer the Pepper Market over the Poly's Capt. Cook's! (That's saying alot coming from me!) It was also quiet too!

I would give Coronado two thumbs up!!! Mouseoholic also gave a very good review of the Coronado! :D

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Post by Mousekedude » Jan Tue 18, 2011 3:10 pm

Good point. But we did find a way to get around that when we were in a hurry to get home after a long day: we would get off at the Swan, walk through the lobby and out the back door, cross the bridge, and Boom!... we were home at the Boardwalk long before the bus made it around that far. The nicest part about it, though was that we were easy walking distance from Epcot and DHS. So a large part of the time we didn't even need the park buses.

Anyway, not to get too far off the topic, here.... I agree with Mouseoholic and Boilerbabe: the Coronado is awesome for being a Moderate. It's hard to believe it's not considered a Deluxe, especially in light of the eateries there.

davea61
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor

Post by davea61 » Jan Wed 19, 2011 7:58 am

:D
mindflipper wrote:Amy has a point - do you realize what Central Florida is like in August? :shock: :(
Yes, we've been to Florida many times in August. Since we don't to pull our kids from school, and their winter and spring breaks are to expensive to travel, we usually wind up going at the end of Aug.

Nothing like a hot, sticky trip to Disney!!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Wed 19, 2011 9:01 am

davea61 wrote::D
mindflipper wrote:Amy has a point - do you realize what Central Florida is like in August? :shock: :(
Yes, we've been to Florida many times in August. Since we don't to pull our kids from school, and their winter and spring breaks are to expensive to travel, we usually wind up going at the end of Aug.
Nothing like a hot, sticky trip to Disney!!
Well, as long as you know what you are in for! I bet they never close the water parks due it being too cold while you are there ;) That happened a few days while we were down there in December ~ darn :roll: :lol:

masterj345
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

Post by masterj345 » Jan Wed 19, 2011 3:28 pm

its a pretty nice moderate resort. nothing too fancy but nice hotel , the pool is pretty awesome shaped like a mexican ruin. and they used to have a pretty nice food court but im not sure if its still there.

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » Jan Fri 28, 2011 3:39 pm

masterj345 wrote:its a pretty nice moderate resort. nothing too fancy but nice hotel , the pool is pretty awesome shaped like a mexican ruin. and they used to have a pretty nice food court but im not sure if its still there.
I think it is still there.
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.