Aulani Resort on O'ahu

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

cinderella75
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Re: Aulani Resort on O'ahu

Post by cinderella75 » Apr Mon 04, 2011 5:34 pm

My fam and I would love to vacation there. Someday we will. Already getting one of our dreams come true and that is taken the Disney Dream Cruise :-D cant wait that in July 2011 :)
When you BELIEVE and have FAITH, WISHES and DREAMS do come TRUE :-)

proudcanuck
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Post by proudcanuck » Apr Tue 05, 2011 2:53 pm

He resort looks absolutely gorgeous. Paradise in Hawaii and Disney? Got to love it.

Peerless83
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by Peerless83 » Apr Mon 11, 2011 5:54 am

I cannot wait for this resort to open!!! I know that Joe Rhode and the rest of the Imagineers but a lot of time, effort, (and money) into this...it is going to be amazing!

cinderella75

Post by cinderella75 » Jan Mon 09, 2012 9:23 pm

Its looks beautiful. My husband and I want to go their someday. I know its going to cost alot for a fam of 4 :( maybe it should only be a trip for 2 :D This is another dream trip, Someday we will make it and I cant wait :wave: :nemo:
When you BELIEVE and have FAITH, WISHES and DREAMS do come TRUE :-)

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Mon 09, 2012 10:10 pm

cinderella75 wrote:Its looks beautiful. My husband and I want to go their someday. I know its going to cost alot for a fam of 4 :( maybe it should only be a trip for 2 :D This is another dream trip, Someday we will make it and I cant wait :wave: :nemo:
I like your thinking that maybe it should be a trip for two :lol:

coxsarmy
Main Street Horse Car Coachman

Post by coxsarmy » Jan Sat 28, 2012 1:07 pm

We took our family of 10 to Aulani last year opening week. Literally the family's favorite vacation we have ever had.
And we have been to DIsney World70 + times and a lot of other places around the world. In fact we loved it so much,
we have scheduled another vacation there this August... This time with my entire extended family.
You really need to check it out.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Sat 28, 2012 1:18 pm

coxsarmy wrote:We took our family of 10 to Aulani last year opening week. Literally the family's favorite vacation we have ever had.
And we have been to DIsney World70 + times and a lot of other places around the world. In fact we loved it so much,
we have scheduled another vacation there this August... This time with my entire extended family.
Very nice! May I ask if you live close? I'm afraid the travel time and expense will keep me from ever getting there :(
Last edited by Amy on Jan Sat 28, 2012 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Jan Sat 28, 2012 1:30 pm

One of my coworkers is from Hawaii and actually came to the DCL from working at Aulani. He was telling me about it yesterday and I was pretty much in awe. I'd love to get to visit. It looks gorgeous in all the photos!

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Jan Sat 28, 2012 8:04 pm

One perk to hubby's new job is the annual conference he will be sent to. This year's conference is to Hawaii...Waikiki to be exact. As soon as we found out about it, we made arrangements. All I had pay for was my airfare (and souvenirs, of course).

We still need to find a hotel room for 1 night (since we extended our stay by a day), but I doubt we'll be able to afford Aulani. We will most likely just make an effort to go see the property. It will be about a 2 hour bus ride (each way) to get there, but totally worth it in our eyes.

We cannot wait to see the property!!! All the pictures we've seen look so amazing and breathtaking!!!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Sat 28, 2012 8:27 pm

MmeLeota wrote:One perk to hubby's new job is the annual conference he will be sent to. This year's conference is to Hawaii...Waikiki to be exact. As soon as we found out about it, we made arrangements. All I had pay for was my airfare (and souvenirs, of course).

We still need to find a hotel room for 1 night (since we extended our stay by a day), but I doubt we'll be able to afford Aulani. We will most likely just make an effort to go see the property. It will be about a 2 hour bus ride (each way) to get there, but totally worth it in our eyes.

We cannot wait to see the property!!! All the pictures we've seen look so amazing and breathtaking!!!
That's exciting! I wonder if you keep your eyes open if you could find a deal that would allow you to stay there for that one night? Just the chance to see the resort would be pretty cool ~ plus you're going to Hawaii!! :goofy_bounce:

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Jan Sat 28, 2012 8:45 pm

Amy wrote:
MmeLeota wrote:One perk to hubby's new job is the annual conference he will be sent to. This year's conference is to Hawaii...Waikiki to be exact. As soon as we found out about it, we made arrangements. All I had pay for was my airfare (and souvenirs, of course).

That's exciting! I wonder if you keep your eyes open if you could find a deal that would allow you to stay there for that one night? Just the chance to see the resort would be pretty cool ~ plus you're going to Hawaii!! :goofy_bounce:
I've been keeping my eyes peeled. Plus I'm thinking about looking into DVC rental...but with it just being 1 night, I'm not sure if it will be possible.
Cbog40 has never been and I haven't been since I was 4! :shock: We are so excited!!!!
(I'm kinda glad we knew about HI before we knew about the trouble with the move...otherwise, I wouldn't get to go)

momeja
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by momeja » Feb Sun 05, 2012 4:30 pm

We won't be going. Aulani looks too rich for my blood. However, I'm happy to read the trip reports from anyone who does. :ccat:

coxsarmy

Post by coxsarmy » Feb Mon 06, 2012 4:50 pm

Amy wrote:
coxsarmy wrote:We took our family of 10 to Aulani last year opening week. Literally the family's favorite vacation we have ever had.
Very nice! May I ask if you live close? I'm afraid the travel time and expense will keep me from ever getting there :(
Sorry... didn't see this post til now. No.. We don't live close actually - Oklahoma sooners to be exact.
We are BIG Southwest Rapid Reward promoters tho... We used our Rapid rewards to get us to Phoenix Arizona... then found round trip tickets through Hawaiian Airlines for $330 including tax!
Pretty amazing. We stayed the night in Phoenix on the way there and on the way home at an inexpensive airport hotel.... SOOOOO worth cutting the trip in half! LOVE IT!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Mon 06, 2012 8:03 pm

coxsarmy wrote:
Amy wrote:
Sorry... didn't see this post til now. No.. We don't live close actually - Oklahoma sooners to be exact.
We are BIG Southwest Rapid Reward promoters tho... We used our Rapid rewards to get us to Phoenix Arizona... then found round trip tickets through Hawaiian Airlines for $330 including tax!
Pretty amazing. We stayed the night in Phoenix on the way there and on the way home at an inexpensive airport hotel.... SOOOOO worth cutting the trip in half! LOVE IT!
WOW! That is an amazing deal :D Probably a good idea to cut the travel time in half too ~ Hawaii is really far away :(

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Feb Wed 15, 2012 11:44 am

So, it appears that Cbog40 is not going to have as much free time as he was originally told...I hate to do it, but Aulani may have to be a solo trip. The thought of making it all the way over there and NOT seeing Aulani is not an option. It's going to be a whole lot of "playing it by ear" on this trip.