Single Rider

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Single Rider

Post by mindflipper » Jan Sun 30, 2011 5:01 pm

Don't let many of your fellow subsonicers hear that, Amy! Many of them LOVE those parades (how anyone can love those over at DHS is beyond me...)

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Sun 30, 2011 5:05 pm

mindflipper wrote:Don't let many of your fellow subsonicers hear that, Amy! Many of them LOVE those parades (how anyone can love those over at DHS is beyond me...)
I just have never been much of a parade person. I love the nighttime parades, Spectro, Electrical, and all those, but as far as the ones during the day, with the performers...meh, I can take them or leave them. Mom likes to watch them so I usually end up seeing a few. I view them mostly as ways to get character shots without people in the way :D

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by MadEye » Jan Sun 30, 2011 6:01 pm

mindflipper wrote:
MadEye wrote:
mindflipper wrote:I agree about Splash Mtn. Ever since in opened in 1992, the lines for it at WDW are still long sometimes.
Sometimes? Unless it's raining or very cold out, it is long all the time!
...or when there's a parade passing by; one time I was there that cut the line down by half! :D
Or the fireworks
Amy wrote:Silly people! During the parade you are supposed to get in line for attractions!!
Don't let that secret out, Amy!!
We are all a little weird
And life's a little weird,
And when we find someone whose
Weirdness is compatible with ours,
We join up with them and fall in
Mutual weirdness and call it Love.”
― Dr. Seuss

Eames: Listen, if you're gonna perform INCEPTION, you need IMAGINATION.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jan Sun 30, 2011 6:20 pm

Rats! It's seems too many people have caught on the idea of using daytime parades as a clever decoy to distract people away from the rides...

leblanan
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by leblanan » Feb Tue 01, 2011 12:45 pm

mindflipper wrote:Rats! It's seems too many people have caught on the idea of using daytime parades as a clever decoy to distract people away from the rides...
Night time parades work even better. Get in line just after the parade starts, you're all set
"now, bring me that horizon"

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Feb Tue 01, 2011 3:21 pm

mindflipper wrote:Rats! It's seems too many people have caught on the idea of using daytime parades as a clever decoy to distract people away from the rides...
Don't look at me. I didn't pass the world along..

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Tue 01, 2011 8:27 pm

elizabethswann wrote:
Don't look at me. I didn't pass the world along..
Nice slip of the tongue there Ms. Swann! :lol:

proudcanuck
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Post by proudcanuck » Apr Fri 01, 2011 8:35 pm

The only single rider line that comes to my mind is California Screamin'.

Polynesian Princess
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Post by Polynesian Princess » Apr Sat 02, 2011 12:40 pm

There are several single rider lines at WDW - Test Track, Rockin Roller Coaster, and Expedition Everest.
Can't wait to take my twin boys on their first trip to Walt Disney World! Planning on heading there sometime Feb-May 2014!

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Apr Sat 02, 2011 12:57 pm

I didn't know EE had that. Last time I went was during the magic morning so everything was walk on and I was out shortly after opening (wasn't interested in the animals because local zoos have a better selection of prisoners).

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Apr Sat 02, 2011 1:41 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:I didn't know EE had that. Last time I went was during the magic morning so everything was walk on and I was out shortly after opening (wasn't interested in the animals because local zoos have a better selection of prisoners).
Expedition Everest only operates sometimes...I noticed this past trip that if the park wasn't very full or busy, the single rider for EE was not in operation.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Apr Sat 02, 2011 2:03 pm

With California Screamin' I'm not 100% sure that their single rider still operates (since it looks abandoned) but when I go it's always so empty that SR is never really needed.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Apr Sat 02, 2011 4:15 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:With California Screamin' I'm not 100% sure that their single rider still operates (since it looks abandoned) but when I go it's always so empty that SR is never really needed.
You usually go during the weekdays right? I imagine that attraction is quite busy on the weekends!

Polynesian Princess

Post by Polynesian Princess » Apr Sat 02, 2011 5:33 pm

Amy wrote:
Wizzard419 wrote:I didn't know EE had that. Last time I went was during the magic morning so everything was walk on and I was out shortly after opening (wasn't interested in the animals because local zoos have a better selection of prisoners).
Expedition Everest only operates sometimes...I noticed this past trip that if the park wasn't very full or busy, the single rider for EE was not in operation.
The single rider line for Everest is over by the gift shop where you exit. From what I've seen the single rider line isn't used when the line is shorter than about twenty minutes because it's just not necessary then. I'm pretty sure they do the same with the other single rider lines as well, it's just less common to see the others with lines that short. They will also shut it down if the single rider line gets too long.
Can't wait to take my twin boys on their first trip to Walt Disney World! Planning on heading there sometime Feb-May 2014!

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Apr Sat 02, 2011 5:52 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:With California Screamin' I'm not 100% sure that their single rider still operates (since it looks abandoned) but when I go it's always so empty that SR is never really needed.
I don't think I've paid attention to see if they do single rider anymore. I'm always in the line so I don't pay attention to anything but the Fastpass.