Single Rider

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Re: Single Rider

Post by Wizzard419 » Jan Thu 27, 2011 6:48 pm

I think the online hatred is mostly the fans of the people mover, as much as they personally loved it, the ride itself was not a crowd drawer and Disney tried to put something with greater appeal in.

I personally loved the ride but was a bit miffed by how it broke all the time as well, during the high season they wouldn't even open the ride until at least noon.

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Jan Thu 27, 2011 7:17 pm

The reasons why people hated it were because of long lines, the ride was breaking down constantly and it cost way too much money to repair it each time it broke down. I've only been on it once and the line was really not worth it.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Thu 27, 2011 7:28 pm

elizabethswann wrote:The reasons why people hated it were because of long lines, the ride was breaking down constantly and it cost way too much money to repair it each time it broke down. I've only been on it once and the line was really not worth it.
It looked like such an awesome ride when it was actually working though!!

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jan Thu 27, 2011 7:33 pm

I think like the original Test Track, Disney tried to put something in without really testing it all the way through first. A lot of these problems could have been discovered maybe with better testing other than computer simulation.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Thu 27, 2011 7:35 pm

mindflipper wrote:I think like the original Test Track, Disney tried to put something in without really testing it all the way through first. A lot of these problems could have been discovered maybe with better testing other than computer simulation.
I guess a big part of the constant failures was that the TTA track just wasn't suited to the Rocket Rods vehicles speed :(
Shame they didn't have the single rider line out further for the attraction when it was running too...

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Jan Fri 28, 2011 1:33 am

We never had a TTA! It was the Goodyear Peoplemover!

Speaking of test track, since the Car's high speed ride is supposed to be like it, I wonder what hillarious problems are going to arise when it rains? For the non locals, because rain isn't a constant here oil apparently builds up on the roads from all the tires and when it gets wet large quantities of oil are present. Unless the cars are going to use something other than normal rubber tires they will probably have the same issue.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Fri 28, 2011 7:29 am

Wizzard419 wrote:We never had a TTA! It was the Goodyear Peoplemover!

Speaking of test track, since the Car's high speed ride is supposed to be like it, I wonder what hillarious problems are going to arise when it rains? For the non locals, because rain isn't a constant here oil apparently builds up on the roads from all the tires and when it gets wet large quantities of oil are present. Unless the cars are going to use something other than normal rubber tires they will probably have the same issue.
I believe Test Track does not operate in the rain...

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by MadEye » Jan Fri 28, 2011 9:07 am

Amy wrote:I believe Test Track does not operate in the rain...
You are correct. Test Track will also close if lightning is within 10 - 20 miles away. I could be wrong but it's somewhere within that distance I think.
We are all a little weird
And life's a little weird,
And when we find someone whose
Weirdness is compatible with ours,
We join up with them and fall in
Mutual weirdness and call it Love.”
― Dr. Seuss

Eames: Listen, if you're gonna perform INCEPTION, you need IMAGINATION.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jan Fri 28, 2011 9:18 am

MadEye wrote:
Amy wrote:I believe Test Track does not operate in the rain...
You are correct. Test Track will also close if lightning is within 10 - 20 miles away. I could be wrong but it's somewhere within that distance I think.
I have been to EPCOT during bad weather and the ride was closed for most of it, so it does get closed for that reason.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Jan Fri 28, 2011 3:01 pm

I knew it didn't operate in the rain, but thunder is interesting. What I was pointing at is that the oil slicks will be far worse here since it doesn't rain as frequently.

Anyway, do they just stop loading when rain is nearby?

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Jan Fri 28, 2011 5:15 pm

Most coasters or rides that are outside don't run in the rain. When California had almost two weeks of rain, Six Flags had to close the park for about four days or so. Since Test Track operates outside towards the end, I wouldn't put it past them to close it down. They close down the Tea Cups here in Anaheim when it rains.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Fri 28, 2011 7:02 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:I knew it didn't operate in the rain, but thunder is interesting. What I was pointing at is that the oil slicks will be far worse here since it doesn't rain as frequently.
Anyway, do they just stop loading when rain is nearby?
I would think that the reason behind the thunder would be because lightning is generally in the area along with it ;)

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jan Fri 28, 2011 7:06 pm

elizabethswann wrote:Most coasters or rides that are outside don't run in the rain. When California had almost two weeks of rain, Six Flags had to close the park for about four days or so. Since Test Track operates outside towards the end, I wouldn't put it past them to close it down. They close down the Tea Cups here in Anaheim when it rains.
They used to close the Tea Cups here in Florida too until they finally built the roofing overhead.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Fri 28, 2011 7:14 pm

mindflipper wrote:
elizabethswann wrote:Most coasters or rides that are outside don't run in the rain. When California had almost two weeks of rain, Six Flags had to close the park for about four days or so. Since Test Track operates outside towards the end, I wouldn't put it past them to close it down. They close down the Tea Cups here in Anaheim when it rains.
They used to close the Tea Cups here in Florida too until they finally built the roofing overhead.
Better safe than sorry :D

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Jan Sat 29, 2011 1:14 pm

Wasn't the reason the teacups don't operate in the rain (here) more for safety rather than any issues with the mechanism?