Single Rider

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

FrogsAreAwesome
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur

Re: Single Rider

Post by FrogsAreAwesome » May Mon 23, 2011 1:30 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:With California Screamin' I'm not 100% sure that their single rider still operates (since it looks abandoned) but when I go it's always so empty that SR is never really needed.
I'm pretty sure that it does, at least they had it last time I was there (August 2010).

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » May Mon 23, 2011 1:50 pm

FrogsAreAwesome wrote:
Wizzard419 wrote:With California Screamin' I'm not 100% sure that their single rider still operates (since it looks abandoned) but when I go it's always so empty that SR is never really needed.
I'm pretty sure that it does, at least they had it last time I was there (August 2010).
That is good to know...it always has a big line when I am there and I am always riding alone...

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » May Mon 23, 2011 3:13 pm

Have we had a chance to compile a list of DLR and WDW rides that continue to do single rider?

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » May Mon 23, 2011 4:22 pm

Not sure, off the top of my head for DLR.

Indy
Soarin'
CA Screamin might (they have the signage but never seen it used)
Toy Story use to but it appears to be gone

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » May Wed 25, 2011 12:42 am

Yeah, I know Toy Story doesn't have it anymore for some reason. I was a little sad to hear that.

jacobcary1
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by jacobcary1 » May Wed 25, 2011 7:41 am

Does Test Track not have a single rider line anymore?

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by MadEye » May Wed 25, 2011 8:13 am

jacobcary1 wrote:Does Test Track not have a single rider line anymore?
Unless it is scrapped in a refurb, they will always have a single rider line at TT.
We are all a little weird
And life's a little weird,
And when we find someone whose
Weirdness is compatible with ours,
We join up with them and fall in
Mutual weirdness and call it Love.”
― Dr. Seuss

Eames: Listen, if you're gonna perform INCEPTION, you need IMAGINATION.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » May Wed 25, 2011 8:44 am

Did Test Track actually have its own single rider line like they had originally built into Mission Space when it opened? I remember one time being a single rider at TT and they lead us to the side of the building and took us through service entrance into the building.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » May Wed 25, 2011 11:08 am

mindflipper wrote:Did Test Track actually have its own single rider line like they had originally built into Mission Space when it opened? I remember one time being a single rider at TT and they lead us to the side of the building and took us through service entrance into the building.
I've only walked alongside the regular queue for the single rider line...but it might have been different before I first went. Were you on a special tour perhaps?

jacobcary1

Post by jacobcary1 » May Thu 26, 2011 8:39 am

Amy wrote:
mindflipper wrote:Did Test Track actually have its own single rider line like they had originally built into Mission Space when it opened? I remember one time being a single rider at TT and they lead us to the side of the building and took us through service entrance into the building.
I've only walked alongside the regular queue for the single rider line...but it might have been different before I first went. Were you on a special tour perhaps?
When TT original opened it did have a single rider line. I was there when It opened. I remember because of so many technical difficulties they had to keep pushing back the opening. I thought it would never open. I also remember when it did open it worked for about 75% of the time until the bugs were worked out.

leblanan

Post by leblanan » May Tue 31, 2011 5:35 pm

The grizzly river run has a single rider also. It's not advertised but if you walk up to the cast members and tell them, they just send you down the exit.
"now, bring me that horizon"

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » May Tue 31, 2011 7:14 pm

leblanan wrote:The grizzly river run has a single rider also. It's not advertised but if you walk up to the cast members and tell them, they just send you down the exit.
That is good to know! When we were there in December it was so cold, I just walked right through the queue and onto a raft with others who had already gone around two or three times. This info could come in handy in the warmer months though!!

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » May Tue 31, 2011 7:36 pm

Amy wrote:
leblanan wrote:The grizzly river run has a single rider also. It's not advertised but if you walk up to the cast members and tell them, they just send you down the exit.
That is good to know! When we were there in December it was so cold, I just walked right through the queue and onto a raft with others who had already gone around two or three times. This info could come in handy in the warmer months though!!
It was like that when I was there back in Nov 2003 - walk-on, but I was the only person on the raft...

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » May Tue 31, 2011 8:04 pm

mindflipper wrote:
Amy wrote:
It was like that when I was there back in Nov 2003 - walk-on, but I was the only person on the raft...
I guess not many people are crazy enough to get soaked when it is colder :?
Did you end up getting more or less wet because you were all alone?
Last edited by Amy on May Tue 31, 2011 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » May Tue 31, 2011 8:07 pm

Well... for locals it's too cold to go but for people from the colder parts of the US it's still shorts and t-shirt weather in January.